“Do Not Stay Here on a Park and Fly” 1 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites Baltimore BWI Airport

TownePlace Suites Baltimore BWI Airport
Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Deer Park, Maryland
“Do Not Stay Here on a Park and Fly”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The hotel itself for an overnight stay would rate Very Good but we stayed here to take advantage of their park and fly "deal". Everything was fine until the morning our flight was leaving. When we arrived in the lobby to wait for the shuttle I was told to move my car to the end of the building since it would be there for 6 days. I figured that made sense and moved to the designated parking area and placed the parking pass on my dash as instructed. The shuttle picked us up and off and then dropped us off at the airport. Everything went smooth at the airport and on our trip. We arrived back at BWI airport and called the hotel to request the shuttle. We were told where to go and that the shuttle would be there in 15 minutes. We walked directly outside to the pick up spot and I see a shuttle that is pulling out. After a short chase the driver stopped and picked us up. He was aware we were coming but decided he would pick us up "next time" even though he only had 1 passenger on the shuttle. I was tired and was just glad to be on the shuttle. Once we arrived at the hotel we were dropped at the front and took our bags to our vehicle on the end of the building. When I walked around the drivers side I noticed 6 large scratches on both the front and rear doors and the saw another directly across the hood. We loaded our bags and I moved the around to the front of the hotel and went to the front desk. The young lady at the front desk apologized but said she could not come outside to look and had to man the front desk, She said she would write an incident report and the general manager (Justin) would be calling me. I told her that I understood that I had signed a hold harmless agreement and that the hotel was not responsible but that vandalism had not entered my mind. Finally after about 20 minutes of talking she got the bright idea to tell the security guard. He happened to be watching TV in the next room. He walked outside and agreed that it was definitely scratched with a key he thought. I walked him around to where the car was parked and he told me that security does not patrol that area. He told me that the hotel does not have any type of video surveillance on the lot either. He assured me he would write an incident report and also contact the police to report it. We had a 3 hour drive to get home and he said there was nothing more to be done since it was so late (around midnight at this point). He also told us Justin would be calling us. We arrived home on Friday 7/12. Justin (general manager) finally called on Thursday 7/18. Justin was apologetic but wanted to know why a police report was not filed. I told him that the guard was supposed to do it and I asked him what the police could have done anyway. He said that I was probably right and it would have just extended our night. I asked Him why the lot wasn't patrolled and he stated that he had only been the general manager for a short time and didn't know exactly what was patrolled and what wasn't. I suggested that he get some video surveillance on the lot and he responded that if this happened a "few more" times he would need to look into it. At no time did Justin offer any help whatsoever other that to say how unfortunate the incident was. I was already well aware of how unfortunate it was so that bit of advice didn't help either. Bottom line is if you need a cheap place to sleep for a night and want to risk it the hotel will probably work for you but if you want an extended stay (which is what the TownPlace brand is all about) you need to avoid this place like it was full of lepers who have the plague.

Room Tip: Small ants on the first floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Hall4pete

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Far better than the hotel across the street. Clean, comfortable, quiet with a friendly staff. Kitchenette with large refrigerator, microwave, cook top and dishwasher. The closet connected the bathroom and entry. Breakfast was excellent with a large selection, including eggs, crepes, sausage and even monkey bread. The price was a bargain, but reserve well in advance for the best rates.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stayed here for a recent overnight trip. Rooms were large, clean and looked modern. Bed slept well, only complaint about room is A/C was weak. Room stayed warm and humid. Plenty of options on the free breakfast, hotel was sold out that night and the staff did an excellent job of keeping the breakfast items stocked. Good location, would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Monroe, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We were really surprised how nice our stay was at this property. It was the cheapest night rate in the area so we were not expecting much. Everything was clean and looked new. It included free breakfast which is usually cereal and a muffin if you are lucky. Not here. They had fresh cooked eggs, ham, cinnamon sticky buns, oatmeal, make your own waffle and four different coffees. It was superb for the money. The only downfall was the A/C unit. They have them locked to not go lower than 68 degrees and they were not efficient enough to remove all the humidity. We were with three other couples and they had the same complaint. If they can fix that they are close to perfect.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Rooms are well appointed (kitchenette and all). Sleep and fly package includes 2 week parking. If you compare to local off site parkings about $8 a day, the room will pay by it self. Hotel has a small pool with GUARD, and some bbq area on the outside. Shuttle service runs from 5.30AM, ask the front desk for it. The shuttle is shared among all the marriott hotel in the area (there are 4). Caution with morning flights. The marriott BWI hosts a lot of travel crews so the shuttle can get full very easily. Plan accordingly

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank philadlephia19110
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I spent 3 nights at the TownePlace Suites Baltimore BWI Airport recently. I found it to be a quiet, clean and well-maintained hotel. The stay was friendly and helpful. It's convienently located to the airport, and close to places to eat. The room was clean and modern. I used the wi-fi daily and it worked well/fast each time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank CA2Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for only one night because it was close to the Baltimore Airport and we had an early morning flight. My daughter was so sleepy at 5am that she forgot one of our bags in the lobby area. Only after we had gone through security at the airport did we realize that the bag was missing. I called the hotel and the clerk was not particularly helpful and said that my bag wasn't there. It's contents weren't really valuable to anyone who may have found it but it had sentimental value as we had bought 'knick knacks' from Mt. Vernon and Hershey Park during our stay. After landing back in San Diego, I decided to call the hotel manager and speak to him regarding my lost bag. He found it in the 'Lost and Found' and sent it to us via Fed-Ex. That put a smile on all our faces! Thank you!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family