I stayed here for one night for convenience before taking a flight out of BWI the next morning. I was concerned about the prior reviews which mentioned the thin walls, but I did not have any issues hearing noise from other rooms once inside my room. However, upon leaving my room and entering the hallway, I could hear the tv on in the room across the hall from mine. Whether that was due to thin walls or just the fact that the guest had the tv up really loud I am not sure. So in short, I had no issues with noise bothering me inside my room from thin walls. On to the pros and cons:
-Clean rooms (bathroom, sleeping area, cooking area, etc.)
-Nice sized rooms - We stayed in a studio unit with 2 beds and while we did not make use of the refrigerator or stove/oven it was nice to have that available versus what you get in a standard hotel room
-Free breakfast with a nice variety of options
-$5 per day fee to park if you want to leave your car here during a trip out of BWI. Nice discounted price compared to what you would pay for airport parking
-Free shuttle to and from BWI
-My only issue was the 30 minutes I waited to be picked up by the shuttle once I returned to BWI after my trip. I called about 5:25PM and at about 5:55PM the shuttle still had not arrived. The hotel is about 10 minutes away and while I recognize the shuttle may have other stops to make at other Marriott properties I did not anticipate this long a wait and ended up taking a taxi (about $10) from the airport. Of course as we were pulling onto the main road in the taxi, we saw the shuttle on its way into the airport, but at that point, we probably still would have been waiting another 10 minutes before the shuttle actually got to us. All that being said, the shuttle is a free service the property provides and I do appreciate the fact that it is even offered.
I would stay here again if traveling out of BWI, but not sure I would necessarily use the free shuttle service especially if I had any type of time constraint.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make TownePlace Suites Baltimore BWI Airport your home-away-from-home when looking for BWI Airport hotels. Our energy-efficient, LEED-certified hotel is close to Baltimore, Washington Corridor businesses, and attractions like the National Aquarium and Arundel Mills Mall. We are just minutes from BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport and provide a complimentary shuttle to make your travels easier. Our BWI Airport hotel offers spacious one- and two-bedroom suites where you can relax in front of a 32-inch LCD flat-panel HD TV or cook in your own kitchen. Or, take care of business in the privacy of your own in-suite office with a well-lit desk, voice mail and free high-speed Internet. Our hotel's amenities near BWI include a complimentary breakfast buffet and a hot dinner three nights a week. You can also unwind after a long day of work in our Baltimore airport hotel's on-site 24-hour fitness center, or take advantage of our free bike rentals. We offer all of the conveniences you need at an affordable price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your TownePlace Suites Baltimore BWI Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towneplace Suites Baltimore Bwi Airport Hotel Linthicum
- Towneplace Suites Linthicum
- Linthicum Towneplace Suites