Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel - BWI
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed February 17, 2011

I have traveled a lot to the Baltimore area and have stayed in many hotels, however I would have to say that this is my all time favorite. The rooms are typical of a upscale Sheraton- open, comfortable, with a great flat screen TV. The shower is a walk in with great pressure. The menu is limited but what they have is great, room service is fast and accurate. But what I like the most are the people- always with the can do attitude and what can they do to make my stay better. During the snow storm they went the extra mile to make sure that I reached my appointment on time with driving instructions. This will be my new home away from home- I hope that they are not sold out.

1  Thank Sequelinc
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2011

Thank you and we appreciate you staying and taking time to share your recent experience with us. We offer a consistent travel experience for our guests from the welcoming associate during the check in and for those serving and delivering your food. Our associates believe in the can do attitude and it’s great to see that you noticed it! We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home when your travels bring you back to our area! We will continue to go above and beyond for you and all of our guests.

Reviewed February 15, 2011

I checked into this hotel over the weekend and was immediately dissatisfied with the quality of the room. Specifically the bathroom. After working all day and getting on a plane the first thing I wanted to do was take a shower. Unfortunately this was not possible. The bathroom was filthy. It put me in the mind of a public restroom. After contacting the front desk I was offered to have the bathroom cleaned or be switched to another room. We opted to move and gound the same unpleasant circumstances. We soon realized that this would not be a good fit and decided to check out and go to another hotel. This is where all sense of cooperation went out the door. Once we informed the front desk personnel that we would not be continuing our stay all sense of decoruma nd customer service went out the window. Our calls to the front desk went unanswered as did the calls from the representative at hotel.com that was assisting us. We were forced to physically walk down the front desk 3 different times in order to resolve our issue. Once they agreed to refund the remainder of our stay, the front desk person Karen double charged me for an incidental item from the bar. Even after bringing it to her attention she supposedly adjusted the bill and correctly settled the tab. Upon further review I realized that she had increased the tab and charge both my debit and credit card. I had to go back to the hotel that afternoon and have the charges corrected by another associate. (who was absoultely wonderful). Long story short my overall experience was poor. Oh and the bedding was terrible as well. The bed was hard as a rock!!!! The room was tiny and not well appointed. I typically stay at the Hilton hotels, and after this poor experience with the Sheraton will continu to do so in the future. As a I result I will not book with Sheraton or any other member of their Starwood family.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MissLady02048
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Thank you for your review. I am sorry you had such a frustrating experience. We have new management and staff in place since your last visit and I assure you we have improved the cleanliness of our rooms and friendliness of our staff. I hope that you give us another chance someday in the future.

Reviewed January 21, 2011

This place is a bargain, for a reason. They appear to have recently renovated, with the typical giant piece of desk furniture up against the window to disguise the HVAC unit. The heater in my room was loud, so loud that I turned it off and suffered in the cold rather than listen to the noise. Either way, not much sleep.

I am among the unfortunate few who must iron clothing my clothes on occasion when away from home. It's always a painful process, but doubly so here due to the doll-house height ironing board and the ancient iron. C'mon. Act like you care about our wrinkles.

My very low rate did not include internet or breakfast. You get what you pay for. The boss made out at this place.

On the up side, the restaurant staff and breakfast omelet maker(s) were spectacular.

This area near BWI airport and Grumann Aerospace contains dozens of hotels and competition seems to be stiff. Do a little hunting and you can probably find a better place.

2  Thank boatmisser
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2011

Thank you and we appreciate you taking time to write the review. We apologize for inconveniences that you experienced during your recent stay with us. The Link offers complimentary Internet and its something that may or may not have been expressed to you during your check in. We have recently made some changes to our restaurant menu and service and we are glad to hear that you had a great dining experience with us. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences and hope that we get to welcome you back to our hotel when you are back in the area on business.

Reviewed January 14, 2011

We stayed at this hotel located near the BWI airport on New Years Eve as we were flying out the next day for our family vacation. Had anticipated that being a Holiday, things would not go so smoothly and was completely prepared for it. Much to my surprise, this Hotel got it all right!! The cleanliness, the service, the staff - all on point! Flexible, friendly, accommodating and professional! The Hotel is beautiful and well maintained and the food in the Hotel restaurant was wonderful! It was a great start to our family vacation and I will return to this Hotel when traveling through BWI! Truly, a pleasure!
Many thanks!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2011

Thank you for your positive comments about our hotel and the services and our associates. We appreciate you taking the time to review us. We are happy to hear that your family vacation started out on a very positive note and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed January 14, 2011

The beds and especially the pillows, were the worst I have ever tried to sleep on! Must be a Sheraton thing because we stayed at the one on huntsville last night and had the same experience! Will not be staying at the Sheraton again!

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank southernx2

We apologize for the inconvenience of your bed and pillows during your stay with us. I am very surprised by this as we have the Sweet Sleeper Bed and pillows. We hope that you will give Sheraton another opportunity to earn your business, however there are other hotels in the Starwood Brand that you might like to consider when you are in our area again, Westin, Element and Aloft Hotels. Again, we are happy that you chose to stay with us; we hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to the Sheraton.

Reviewed January 13, 2011

I highly recommend this property for anyone interested in an upscale, yet reasonably priced hotel near BWI. Over the last four years have spent numerous nights enjoying this convenient and highly service-oriented property. There are some terrific employees working here who's sole objective is to make you fell like an honored guest. Deserving much credit is the assistant Food and Beverage Manager, Gloria. Most nights she can be found at the bar taking care of the patrons in her usual efficient and friendly manner. She is a great representative for this property since she addresses repeat guests by name and will do whatever it takes to make them happy...all hotels should have employees like Gloria. The new GM Emille is friendly, outgoing and helps at the front desk - something you don't see very often.
As long as they continue to pay attention to their customers and employ people like Gloria, I'll continue to return whenever I need a hotel in Baltimore.
Dave Campbell

• Stayed: January 2011

Mr. Campbell, thank you for your review and we appreciate your kind words about our hotel and our associates. We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home the next time you are in the Baltimore area!

Reviewed January 9, 2011

Stayed here the night before my BWI departure after a DC trip. Very convenient and the shuttle was just a call away any time. The property is new and elegant. The sleep was great as it was vey quiet. The staff was professional and pleasant. No platinum upgrade but was not needed as the room was large and well appointed.

1  Thank United858
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2011

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate the kind words and rating. It’s so good to hear that you had a great nights sleep in our Sweet Sleeper Beds and enjoyed the quiet guest rooms with our soundproof windows! It is these small details that we have in mind for our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel the next time you are traveling in the area!