“Really Good under stressful Circumstances” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI

Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Central Florida, Florida
“Really Good under stressful Circumstances”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

My flight was delayed and then cancelled at the BWI airport, the last one out till early the next day, so I was stuck. Traveling with an emotional support animal and double knee replacement is sometimes a challenge in such a venue, so staying on site was the best option. I called from my phone and reserved a room at the airport Sheraton for $109, which was perfectly clean and quiet. I hope to get reimbursed by the airline.

I had a pizza for dinner in their dining room, and it was quite good. The staff were all very nice and accommodating.

Room Tip: Always ask for senior or AARP discount if you are 55-60 or over. Corner rooms are quieter.
Green Features: I saw nothing but the usual don't toss the towels in the laundry everyday.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Brian C, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and kind words. I have shared them with our hotel team. We look forward to seeing you again should your travels bring you to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Albuquerque
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Sheraton near BWI for one night in an ADA room because my wife uses a walker. The size of the room was adequate. However, the ADA shower was rather small and awkward to use. The room was clean. The continental buffet breakfast was OK, but not exceptional. We had only two concerns.

The bathroom faucet in the ADA room is operated by sensing a person’s hands under the spout. The faucet is either OFF or ON. There is no flow adjustment. But the real problem is that there is no temperature adjustment. The temperature is pre-set. Most of the time, the temperature was too hot. Maintenance worked on the faucet that evening, but the temperature was still either too hot or too cold. I believe that the maintenance engineer did not understand how the temperature control worked and instead tried to control the temperature by closing the hot water valve on the wall under the sink. Fortunately, we were staying only one night.

We were told by the desk when we checked in that we should allow 20 minutes for the free Sheraton airport shuttle bus to arrive. The following morning, it did take full 20 minutes for the bus to arrive. However, it took perhaps 15 minutes for the driver to get organized and get our luggage (and that of another family) onto the shuttle. The shuttle also needed to get a flight crew to the airport, but there was no space for either people or baggage in the bus. Several minutes were wasted for the driver to figure this out, even though it was obvious at the time.

So avoid this hotel if you must have an ADA room. Allow at least 30 minutes for the shuttle bus to deliver you to the airport.

Room Tip: Avoid the ADA rooms if possible.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AbqWizard
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I have shared your concerns with our transportation team. I apologize for any delay caused in your travels.
Coconut Creek
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

I expect from Sheraton employee to be professional, helpful and to go above and beyond for their guests. Deisha (night front desk employee) was extremely rude and unprofessional.I will never choose this hotel in the future.

Green Features: I am all for hotel eco- friendly ..it creates a healthy environmentally more conformable than other hotels
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank cristina c
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I have worked with our front office manager to correct the issue you stated. I am very sorry for any negative impact this had on your trip. We hope to see you on your next trip.
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stayed in this hotel in March, and it was the best hotel experience I can recall ever having. What made it exceptional was not the walls and halls, nor the bed and pillows - although those were all perfectly fine. The most impressive aspect was the hotel employees who were all very helpful at all times, and they went out of their way to see that we had everything we needed for my upcoming meeting. This is a high-class, A+ hotel, and the next time I come to the Baltimore area, I will go out of my way (and pay more if necessary) so as to stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brian C, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton BWI during your most recent visit to the greater Baltimore area! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us! We greatly appreciate the positive remarks! It is always a great pleasure to receive positive feedback from our guests.

At your service,

Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

The hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. Also, the location was convenient to the airport and the free shuttle was efficient. Lastly, the long-term parking at the hotel worked out quite well and was safe and reasonable. I would definitely stay here again. Karen V.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for generating such positive remarks during your most recent visit with us at the Sheraton BWI Airport Hotel. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback and I have personally shared your comments with our team!

We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Warm regards,

Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

Cancelled flight, so called here and this was one of the last places with rooms available. Given the ridiculous busy night, only waited about 10 minutes for the shuttle pick up. Decent rooms with nice furnishings, reasonable customer service. Comfortable bed. The bathrooms feature smallish tub/shower, I guess euro style, not for larger individuals. A little calking of the bathroom sink would be advised. Otherwise, clean and decent rooms. In the morning, more efficient shuttle service. The breakfast buffet was OK, not overwhelming. I guess this is a good option for this area.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us in regards to your most recent stay at the Sheraton BWI Airport Hotel! Your comments are very important to us.

I have shared your remarks with the housekeeping and restaurant associates. Please let us know if there’s anything more we can do to make your future visit enjoyable.

Warm regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

I would like to say that this is actually my second stay at this Sheraton and both times it has been a very pleasant experience. I'm in the Military and we had a couple of hiccups with our reservation on this trip, but your expert staff, particular Acresha at the front desk fixed everything. This made our stay terrific especially after us driving all night to get to Maryland. THANK YOU SHERATON AND PLEASE HIRE MORE EMPLOYEES LIKE ACRESHA! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us! We greatly appreciate the positive remarks! It is always a great pleasure to receive positive feedback from our guests. We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

At your service,