“AVOID this hotel at all costs! So many BETTER choices in the area!”

Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel - BWI
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed July 22, 2008

I stayed Wednesday through Monday. Wednesday and Thursday were okay, but you can't even get a telephone book in your room to order a pizza! No INTERNET in your room or in the lobby (unless you PAY), and the staff seemed very stand-off-ish...as if you were bothering them with a question/concern. Then came Friday night, they allowed a group of young people to stay there, and there was noise, noise, noise! Young people running the halls, screaming and slamming doors until all hours of the morning. The pool and lobby were UNUSABLE unless you liked to yell and be yelled at. The place turned into a zoo! I called the front desk to complain, only to be put off. Saturday I talked to the front desk staff and they said that they had received "multiple complaints" about the noise, and that they talked to the group coordinators and "hopefully" the group would be better behaved on Saturday night. They were NOT! Then, to top it off, the hotel booked ANOTHER group of folks doing some sort of family reunion or something, and they were alsmost as bad (noise wise) as the first group of kids! The place was ridiculous! No chance of any kind of rest that weekend. Sunday I received NO MAID SERVICE at all! Totally UNACCEPTABLE! There are many, many other choices for a hotel in the BWI/Linthicum area, and my advise to you would be to pick ANOTHER hotel...not matter what the price! This hotel should be on the "avoid" list, and I know it will be on mine from now on. I doubt I'll ever stay at another Sheraton again as long as I live. I have contacted corporate and the hotel management...but as of yet, no response from anyone. Again, my friendly advise would be to STAY AWAY from this hotel in Baltimore!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank Wahoo69

Reviewed June 22, 2008

Brand new hotel with updated plasma tv, very nice. Clean, modern and well kept. Staff was great and always helpful. Thank you for a wonderful stay. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank AlissaD
Reviewed June 9, 2008

Check in a mess
New hotel badly built and designed
restuarant VERY average with ordinary service.
A roach in the room in a new hotel does NOT impress me
Not Sheraton standard at all. Look elsewhere

Stayed: June 2008
1  Thank Ray Goldberg
Reviewed April 29, 2008

Thank God I procelined it. $60 a night. Stayed there 4 nights, over 2 weekends.

First night: Asked for 2 beds, was told there were none, but could have one the next morning. The next morning, was told there were many open 2 bed rooms the previous night.

Second weekend: 1st night, room was double booked. Security excorted someone into my room at 2am. Fould out later that this had happened to multiple guests. Then my reservation was lost and my room never cleaned, even though I had talked to 3 different employees about my second night and needing my room clean. When I called to have my room clean, was rudely told that the staff had gone home and the best they could do was send up clean towels. two hours later, one of the employees I had talked came to clean my room.

When I went to check out, they had no record of me staying there.

I will never stay at a Sheraton again.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank ossysprog
Reviewed April 21, 2008

We have just returned from Baltimore and our stay at the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI was very dissapointing. Our room was not cleaned on Saturday, so to our surprise after arriving late from the Orioles/Yankees game and finding out our room was not cleaned we had to call the front dest for towels. Although this hotel is very lovely and new I was dissapointed that my husband and I didn't have a King size bed in our room because the only room with a King size bed was a "wheel chair accessible room". I didn't feel it would be right to take a room in this category in case a person needed this room category; so we opted for the double beds room. Not our 1st choice, I guess it was dissapointing because they made the choice for us instead of getting the room type we paid for. I agree with one of the other reviews that we had to walk up with our luggage in the dark from the rear of the building. They were never empty spots in the front on the hotel which probably means that their own employees would park there instead of letting guests park in those spots. Also the hallways temperatures were kept at around 80 degrees when the outside temperature was very mild this weekend. Maybe they will do better, maybe not; but will rather pay more money and stay by the Orioles Stadium and have all my needs taken care of that stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank basebaltravlr
Reviewed April 15, 2008

The hotel, for such a new property seems very dark inside.

First big problem was that the parking lot is a long haul from the hotel. Not only in relation to lugging your luggage, but if you come at nite, it seems very desolate and a bit unsafe. There is also not a good way to roll your luggage from the parking lot to the hotel. It is hard to find a good path or walk way.

As for the room, it is also quite dark, yet clean. However, for a new property the bathroom was already starting deteriorate.

I would not suggest staying at this property, b/c the price is high in relation to the issues this hotel has.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank GlendaleCA
Reviewed February 17, 2008

I stayed 2 days while hosting a NITON XRF training. The room was spotless, the king size bed was very comfortable. In room coffee is Starbucks.

Due to room size, it's impossible to work at the (large) desk facing the window - while watching CNN.

Room service breakfast was right on time, with everything hot.
Room service dinner was fast, with everything hot.

Staff was great. With multiple incoming FedEx shipments, they managed, tracked, and handled them efficiently. When one package went missing, they kept me updated hourly while tracking it down.

Conference room was set up per specs, continental breakfast and break snacks were fresh and appealing. When a group from an adjacent room raided our afternoon break food, hotel staff completely restocked - despite the fact that some of my class had already eaten.

Stayed: January 2008