“Location, room, restaurant, all win”

Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel - BWI
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed August 10, 2013

After a particularly bad stay at a chain hotel in Aberdeen, this place looked like heaven. But that aside, I did think it was very nice. The room was spacious, the bed comfortable, the bathroom very clean. Hot water (ok my last hotel didn't have that...), nice towels. Location near the airport was good, I dropped off the rental car shortly after checking in and just relied on the hotel shuttle. The fitness room was very nice. Service extremely pleasant. I liked the restaurant too, I thought the food and prices were pretty good compared to many hotel restaurants. My shuttle pick-up was a little slow (30 minutes) but to be fair there was some pretty lousy traffic and I think someone else who called first was lost and couldn't be found. The return trip to the airport in the morning was fast. I wish one didn't have to pay for the internet in the rooms, but it was free in the lobby and the restaurant. Breakfast was also at a cost but the continental buffet was just fine for me. Bottom line, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Liza W
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton BWI to be your home away from home. I really appreciate your feedback and your business. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future for any of your needs. … thanks and safe travels

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was ok it looked like it needed a face lift. Bathroom a very small and awkward, very small closet space. They were touch painting the hallways during mid evening. A lot wear and tear and it's showing. The food was very expensive. Parking not well thought out. I don't think I will stay their again.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly staff. If you are a Starwood Preferred member, the club level has nice amenities. The best part about this hotel if the workout room. Which features free weights and various machines. Rooms are extremely clean and have very comfortable beds.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My stay at the BWI Sheraton provided everything that I wanted for a quick, pre-airport hotel stay. The shuttle, which picked me up from the BWI rail station before check in and then dropped me off at the airport the next morning, took less than ten minutes to arrive each time. Check-in was quick, and the staff couldn't have been much friendlier. The room was relatively large, on par for a 3-star hotel, and the bed was comfortable.

No complaints.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Monroe86
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Reviewed July 17, 2013

This hotel was recommended to us by a friend. We stayed on the 4th floor during the July 4th weekend. The hotel is located off a highway;there are not many dinning options nearby. The location is ideal for those who need to be near the airport. The lobby, reception area, bar/restaurant left a positive impression.
It didn't take long for that impression to change. Upon exiting the elevator to the 4th floor, we were confronted with construction tools and ripped carpeting. Apparently, they are replacing the carpet.The tools were not removed during our entire stay! There was masking tape on the carpet as you enter the hallway from the elevator. I actually tripped on uneven flooring as I walked down the hall to my room. Unbelievable!
The room is your standard hotel room; it defintely does not warrant 3 stars. It seems that the renovation did not extend to the rooms. There were stains on the carpet, dirty tile grout, and stains on the wall near the door entrance and wallpaper. The sink area provided only 1 hand soap and a hair dryer. Around 6am, I heard some drilling down the hall-really?
I can't comment on the pool area since we were told it was closed when we attempted to use. Apparently, Sheraton guests are able to use Westin's facility. It's another starwood property. To say the least, I was disappointed with our stay.
My family and I travel extensively. We have previously stayed at other Sheratons, however, this particular property leaves a negative impression of the chain. I was disappointed with this property's lack of upkeep. I would not recommend this hotel as there are many other options close by. We wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank T m
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Rude front desk clerk at check-in. Was staying for most of a week and requested a King Bed. Was told no chance all week. Once off the elevators they were replacing carpet which left an awful smell, not the new carpet smell which is fine, but a bad odor. The workers started working at 6:30 am the first day right outside our door. The safety bolt on the door moved into place twice when we left the room requiring maintenance to get the door open. The second day it happened the housekeeper slid a note under the door stating that we "left the do not disturb" sign on the door all day so she could not clean our room. Plastic cups in the rooms instead of real glass??? I thought this was an upscale hotel not Motel 6. Last but not least ordered room service twice. The first time was very good, a pasta dish with sun-dried tomatoes. Ordered it again on the last night and they apparently ran out of sun-dried tomatoes so they substituted regular tomatoes. Not quite the same thing. To add insult to injury the itemized bill for dinner that night rang up for a price higher than what was shown on the menu. A thoroughly disappointing stay and I will not return. Unfortunate for them because I have two trips to Baltimore scheduled for this week and next week.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Gary B
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We used the park-sleep-fly package for a recent trip out of BWI. The rooms were clean and updated and larger than I expected. We visited the pool and hot tub which had a lifeguard which I liked. Only complaint about the pool was that the towels provided are not much bigger than dish towels so you need a few of them to dry off! They were replacing the carpets on our floor so there was a very strong new carpet odor in the hallways but we couldn't smell it in our room. I was happy to see they were making upgrades. When I looked at the photos online I thought the lobby looked very dark and gloomy but it doesn't feel that way when you're there. My husband used the gym and thought it was very nice with newer equipment. We parked our car for 7 days and I felt very comfortable and safe there. The shuttle service to and from the airport was great and on time. With the AAA discount the room and parking was $107. It included breakfast but our flight was too early to go. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport. I truly appreciate your time and I thank you for your business. My staff and I are looking forward to your next stay. … safe travels