“Found crack pipe in room!”

Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel - BWI
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I checked in to this property and promptly went to my room. Upon entering my room I found a crack pipe in the track of my TV, I found this as I was investigating why my TV would not move properly. I ended up getting a face full of glass shards. I promptly informed the hotel and was asked to come to the desk and speak with the manager. I was offered a complimentary dinner, however I had lost my apatite. I was then told I would be given points, and accepted. However I never received the points I was told I would get. I also asked the hotel for a letter from the hotel manager taking ownership of this issue as I was afraid that my company my not take this lightly. The letter was a two liner, and was no help at all. I travel often and frequently stay at discounted prices. I whole heartedly fell discriminated against because I was not a full paying costumer. I still feel like I was more inconvenience to the hotel staff, and I am reluctant to contact them for lack of said follow up. If it were up to me I would never return to this property.

2  Thank Bradley187

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel at least twice a year for several years. In my travels for business this is a place I look forward to returning because of the service. My most recent experience had Diana and Candice helping get breakfast before I left the hotel for an early morning flight. It came 5 minutes early and was exactly what I wanted.

Room Tip: Consider getting an even numbered room if you want to see the sunset, lots of trees and the occasion...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and for your business. I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. … thanks

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I would be remiss if I did not comment on the excellent service offered to me by this hotel during my recent deployment to the Middle East. Having left my home on the west coast at 0600 and not leaving Baltimore until midnight I was pretty tired and in desperate need of freshening up before my next long flight to Germany and onwards.

After a quick call from the BWI USO the Sheraton sent a van to pick me up, on arrival provided me with a towel, soap and shampoo and let me shower in their staff facilities. Afterwards, and feeling 100% better, they returned me to the airport.

I thank the staff at the hotel and the van driver for taking the time and effort to help a Soldier out; it really made a huge difference and left me feeling somewhat human again!
With such great service I will be sure to use the Sheraton family of hotels on my future travels. Thank you.

1  Thank Arthur_the_Cat
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words and I am looking forward to your next visit. … thanks

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stay overnight with extended parking package several times a year. Good value, and no worries about morning Baltimore traffic when catching an early flight. Rooms, service, friendliness of staff, restaurant and bar are all top notch. I have the same dinner routine each time I stay, to my great satisfaction. Prior ro your arrival, Emile takes great pride in extending an occasional and personal welcome via email, directly, or via his staff. It's obvious he really cares about his hotel and the guests.

Unlike prior stays, while at the Sheraton BWI tonight I went to a hotel next door for what I anticipated to be a wonderful evening meal. My first impression inside was absolute clamor. There were a number of people in the lobby talking - but their voices echoed off the stark stone walls, making for a general loud noise. This almost sent me back to the quieter, wood walls of the Sheraton. But not to be deterred, I went boldly to their restaurant. While the food was good enough, the service pleasant and adequate, the menu is very limited - it was hard to find something really appealing - and I do love to eat. I particularly like to have something I would not normally have at home, which the neighbor did not offer. So while I can recommend the neighbor for adequacy, I can heartily recommend the Sheraton BWI, Emile, and staff for a truly pleasant stay. No need for more exploring - I just go where I know everything will be to my liking.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear Mr. Phillip
Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport hotel. My staff and I we thank you for your kind remarks and we value your business. I am glad you are enjoying the “park & Fly package” and cannot express how much we enjoy having you as a repeat guest. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future for any of your traveling needs. … Thanks

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Leaving early from BWI we needed somewhere to stay the night before also to keep our vehicle. When we found out how expensive it was to part at the airport we decided to start looking into hotels. We decided on the Sheraton because we knew we could get a great night sleep before we were off to Saint Lucia. My husband slept so well, i was comfortable but too excited to sleep!

Coming home we had a late flight and the drive back home was over 2 hours. We decided while we were on the runway to just stay the night. No questions asked where we were going to be spending the night.

Love the bed/covers/pillows, and the bathroom is really neat! Great job on the style we loved it!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ChrisandMorgan
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport hotel. My staff and I would like to congratulate you on your wedding and we wish you happiness for the many years to come. I am glad you enjoyed using the park and fly package and got the chance to stay at the hotel and experience the ambiance. … Thanks

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed here due to the proximity of BWI airport and an early morning flight back to Austin. I was a walk-in due to leaving a nearby hotel that was unacceptable. The Sheraton staff were helpful, accommodating and seemed to have a good working relationship with one another. My check-in went smoothly and I appreciated the reasonable rate. After getting checked in, I had a nice dinner at the on-site restaurant and found the crabcake to be very good. My sleep experience was restful and I was able to sneak in an early morning buffet breakfast before leaving for the airport. If every needed, I will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport hotel. I am so pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate you after your first experience with the other hotel was unpleasant. We certainly take a lot of pride in what we do and how we do it. Thank you once again and hopefully see you soon.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have been staying here every week for the last few weeks. The hotel is really clean, nice location, close to the airport/ rental car facility. The rooms are excellent and very clean. Amenities are perfect.
The Best Part - very courteous and helpful staff.
General Manager - Emile Debsia will take care of your needs. You might even get an email from her welcoming you prior to your stay and a thank you note after your stay.

I give it all the stars!

1  Thank vinntx

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport hotel. We certainly love to serve all our guests and I can't express how much we enjoy having repeat guests stay with us. It is such a pleasure to have served you and hopefully we continue to be your hotel of choice moving forward.