“Not a bad spot...not great”

Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel - BWI
Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Minneapolis
“Not a bad spot...not great”
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

My company puts me at is hotel all the time. Lets start with the really good things. The people I've interacted with were all very helpful and polite. The rooms are clean and the gym is decent. They have a nice bar area and a small restaurant. The food is priced as you would expect for a hotel but on the plus side the quality seems to be quite good.

With that said I hope you do like the food because the hotel is the only option. If you don't have a car there are no other choices around. There is a westin right next door, but I haven't been there to try it.

So assuming you don't have a car here are a few options.

1) Takenthenshuttle to the airport and eat there (LAME)

2) Take the shuttle to the train station. From here you can get into Baltimore or DC. It's relatively inexpensive, as low as 6$ each way. With that said, be sure you know what train you're getting on coming back, as not all of them stop at the BWI airport stop (I learned this the hard way).

Outside of this its a pretty good hotel for business folks who have a car or a specific reason to be there. I can't really speak to price as I don't see the bill.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel - BWI, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport hotel. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed our staff and facilities that we provide. I am sorry there are not more options in walking distance to the hotel for food. There are a number of restaurant options however that our shuttle can take you to. Please feel free to ask the front desk about where we can take you during your next visit. Thank you once again and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Took mother to DC for the weekend to see the Cherry Blossoms, visit the MLK memorial and have her grandson come visit us while we were there. Although we flew into Washington National Airport, I wanted to stay overnight near Baltimore, so we could fly out of it. Did a priceline bid and after two attempts the Sheraton BWI responded.

Location:
This hotel is located in a business area, behind a large Northrop Grumman facility. It is only about 5 minutes from the airport by car and it is at the end of the street. There are no restaurants immediately close to it, but you can get to Bob Evans breakfast restaurant in about 5 minutes by car. There are other similar hotels near it.

Outward Appearance:
Nothing really special there. You will not find a lot of trees, plants or shrubbery. However, it does have a pretty good size parking lot in back.

Room:
I'd called ahead to ask for a special disabilities room because mother was traveling with me. The young lady said she couldn't guarantee it, but when we arrived it had already been handled.
The room was a nice size, and furnishings were decent, although not very fancy in appearance. It had it great big desk at the end of the room for your laptop and other business items.

The beds were quite comfortable and had nice covering.

Bathroom:
Was wide enough for a wheelchair to easily maneuver around in it. There were bars inside the shower to provide grip. The shower was equipped with a wand showerhead as well as the regular type. Momma loves the wand because she feels she can wash herself better.

I have photographs, but am too tired to attach them right now. I may update this review later.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel - BWI, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel. We love this time of year and it sounds like you and your mother were able to enjoy it as well. We are very lucky to have such a convenient location to both Baltimore and Washington DC. Hopefully you find a reason to come back soon so we can welcome you back with open arms.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed here on business trip this time and the rooms are reasonably comfortable. The service at the hotel restaurant 'the Old Line Grill Services' was very good. Shilpa, Blanca and other folks at the restaurant have been very attentive and they would know what I like for the breakfast and keep it ready without me requesting for it. Shilpa is particularly very quick and attentive, be it a group of sailors or group of students on excursion or a mom with her baby, she would be welcoming with cheerful enthusiasm. I wish them all the best

Room Tip: Get a room on 5th floor....looking towards the greenery
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport hotel. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We have a great team in the Old Line Grill and I am happy you were able to enjoy their service. We look forward to your next visit with us hopefully it will be soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here many times. Recent events have me reconsidering future stays. I'm a Platinum member so this reflects my experience relative to other Starwod properties. 1) the club lounge had minimal food/drinks it was a Wednesday so expected better, 2) room lacked basic amenities (likely since was on dog floor and not in club level as normal), 3) charged $25 for my dog (never paid a fee at other Starwood properties). Not a bad property but other options nearby including Doubletree will make me think twice.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank edtrvl417
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel - BWI, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport hotel. I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your most recent stay with us. Your concerns have been heard and I assure you we will take them to heart and look at how we can improve ourselves moving forward. Thank you once again.
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Our recent visit was the night before a flight and we expected a low-end hotel near an airport. We were nicely surprised by the kind staff, high-quality dining experience, great food and dynamite room. Our shuttle to and from the airport was ideal. This was the perfect start and end to our vacation...so much so that we will return every time we fly from BWI. Already booked for July!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 893MichelleC
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel - BWI, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel. I am so pleased to hear we were able to accommodate you and your family before your trip out. We take pride in being the best hotel we can possibly be even though we are an airport property. I can't wait to see you again in July.
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Emile, Mila, and Diane took great care of us for my Birthday dinner. The BBQ beef tips are fork tender and the crab cakes live up to their "best in town" promise. The mudslide cheesecake and creme brûlée with fresh coffee were a delicious end to our lovely dinner. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and pleasant. We'll be back soon!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Manguay
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel - BWI, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport hotel. I am so pleased to hear that we were able to host your fantastic birthday party. It is always such a pleasure to be part of someone's special day. Thank you for your kind words I will make sure all our associates know that you took the time to give them such a compliment. We look forward to next year's birthday party.
Middletown, New Jersey
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Was disappointed on my recent visit, as this was a great higher end property where I’ve stayed in the past. Don't know if they're preparing to sell, or not investing in the property, but whatever reason it shows in the lack of cleanliness. I had to take pictures because I couldn’t believe they would let the property decline so rapidly.
Upon arrival the room was dirty, smudges on light switches, hair clusters and scary colored marks on the wall paper(see pics), a tub that did not drain(my feet were tacky all day from it- eck!). I called the front desk and spoke to Danard, who would switch rooms however I had to pack and take my bag, then recheck in later. Kind of a hassle.
Kept hopes up for new room, but more of the same, empty pistachio nuts on floor by night stand. (really? Am I on a TV show of something?) Did management fire the housekeeping staff? Everywhere you looked it was dirty(elevator, lobby restrooms, rear entry way, room corridors, busted light fixtures in hall)
Even the gym wasn’t cleaned, empty wrappers on the floor - no towels on the towel rack(only 2 see pic) dust bunnies everywhere. Will never stay at this property unless management changes their view on how to maintain the property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Walter B
Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel. I am so sorry that we clearly missed the mark on your most recent stay with us. I know that I and my staff take feedback good and bad to heart and do our best to make sure we serve every guest with the highest level of care. Once again we missed the mark with you and for that I apologize.

Now I did do some investigation in regards to the specific issues you brought up that you experienced from your stay. The room you stayed in does have one of our newer tub stops which can be quite confusing. It turns out it wasn't actually an issue with the tub but it was placed in the wrong position to drain. I also wanted to touch on the items you encountered in the fitness center. It turns out you followed behind a large long term group we have in house that uses the facility to its capacity each day. We thought we had a good plan to keep up with it when they were done but as you pointed out we failed in that respect and have since changed our cleaning schedule. Once again thank you for your feedback it has not fallen on deaf ears and I assure you we will be better in the future.