“Good spot near BWI”

Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel - BWI
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed February 28, 2013

It was our first stay at this hotel, we stayed one night and utilized the park and fly package. The front desk staff was polite and very efficient. Our room was clean, the bed was very comfortable, furnishings were up-to-date., bathroom was clean. We met up with some friends and had a few drinks at the bar - the bartenders were very friendly and we had a good time. We left early the next morning for our flight so we missed the breakfast being prepared in the lobby, but we were still able to grab a good cup of coffee on our way out. The airport shuttle was efficient and the driver very professional. My only complaint if I were to have one, was we waited a bit for our picked up from the airport back to the hotel. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank opgal1
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel. I am so pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy our hotel and utilize our park and fly package. We love to cater to our guests as they are heading out to destinations all over the world. Thank you once again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We just stayed at the Sheraton BWI on 2/22/13, before departing for an eight day vacation to Mexico. The rooms are very clean & the beds are the best! We stayed at this property in July of 2012, and decided to use this same property for our most recent trip. The customer service was exceptional, including a "welcome to the hotel" email, prior to our arrival, asking if there were any special requests for our stay. The shuttle for pick up upon our return late on Saturday night/Sunday morning could have been a little quicker, but overall, no complaints about the Sheraton BWI!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank GLJefferson
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel. I am pleased to hear that you were able to utilize our Park Sleep and Fly options for a second time. It is a great option and we love to offer the service to our guests. I hope that we can accommodate you for a third trip sometime in the near future. If you need anything at all please don't hesitate to call me directly.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed here for one night on business trip. Overall OK, but could use a good spring cleaning. There were an unusual amount of scuff marks on the wall in my room, and the tile floor in the bathroom was dingy.
Hallway carpets were tired-looking, and the carpeting in the lobby needs to be replaced asap.
Beds were very comfortable and clean. Restaurant fair- they did not know how to make some of the common drinks we ordered, which I found surprising.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Balitmore Washington Airport Hotel. I am so sorry to hear that we were not able to accomodate you in a fashion that you expected from us. We are in the midst of our quaterly deep cleaning and maintenace. I assure you we have a better product than what you encountered. In respect to the restaurant I have infomed my Food & Beverage team that there needs to be some additional training to help avoid this from occuring again. Thank you once again and be assured we will be better.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

This was our second stay at this property. The hotel staff are great, the rooms are really nice...no problems there, the airport van guys have always been just fine...but the restaurant is totally subpar. It is way overpriced for the value. Another problem with the restaurant is between the two of us, in the 3 times we have eaten there not once have we ordered something only to be told they were out of it. I am not sure what the problem is but it seems to be pervasive and endemic. The servers are very nice and attentive, but the quality control is also lacking...regular potatoes when the menu says red bliss, a "fresh" fig/avocado salad with dried figs and no avocados.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Zzzelda
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel. I certainly appreciate your comments about both the staff and the restaurant. It is always good to get meaningful feedback from our guests. I held a meeting with my culinary team today and we reviewed the comments you had in order to see how we can rectify the issues you encountered. We certainly have missed the mark and I assure you we are going to get this corrected and quickly. Thank you once again and I hope that you will give us one more chance the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Before we arrived I received an email to ensure any questions we had or help we needed...this is customer service...warmly greeted...all was ready when we arrived and the staff ready to help with any requests. We enjoyed an excellent dinner that night in the restaurant ....in front of the fireplace...a very relaxing enjoyable stay after a day of travel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SMO19958
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport hotel. I am glad we could provide a relaxing evening for you here at our property. I have passed on your comments to our associates. We love to be able to provide that level of relaxation and comfort you need after a long day of traveling. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is one of my experiences where the General Manager reached us out a day before our arrival asking if they can do anything to make our stay memorable - That tells me how wonderful they are and care about their guests. I am an elite member and asked them if it is possible for an upgrade and they upgraded us to the club level (6th floor).

Location: Close to the airport and the hotel runs the shuttle 24hrs on demand. After our arrival, we called the front desk and they directed us to the door number and in less than 20 minutes, there was a shuttle and took us to the hotel. The shuttle drivers are also friendly!! The Westin and the Sheraton are next to each other and they share the same shuttle.

Front Desk: I interacted with few people and they were great.

Rooms: Totally 6 floors, the 6th level is the club level. Decent rooms, contemporary style, huge desk, comfortable chair and a sofa, adequate lighting, blinds are stylish(not the traditional one's which you see in every property), decent closet size. There was no bath tub in our room, a stand-in shower with sliding glass doors and is perfect. Typical sheraton branded toiletries were stocked and wish the towels were little softer. I noticed the bulbs in some of the lamps are not energy savings one's, surprising!

There is a lounge on the club level which is opened 24hrs - Coffee/Tea/Soft-drinks are available - I noticed couple of days, around 10pm, they ran out of everything in the fridge - haven't called the front desk to check if they can refill but I am sure they might. Breakfast is also served until 9am, not a lot of variety but the basics are covered - scrambled eggs, bacon, bagels, toast bread, cereal, joghurt.

Restaurant - There is a restaurant in the property and we did dine-in once and was OK.The staff was great and very friendly.

There is a fitness center, a pool and we haven't used it. There are few desktops and a printer right next to the reception to surf internet or to print something. We tried to print pdf files but couldn't open them, not a big deal!!

The property also have a lot of parking space, sounds like it is also an option for park-n-ride because of the proximity to the airport.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank an_der_KL

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel. I am very pleased to hear that we could accommodate you during your stay. We certainly want to make sure we are doing everything we can to take care of our guests each and every time at our property. I have passed on your comments to my department heads to make sure we are providing the highest level of service in all our outlets. We do have some older light bulbs we are transitioning to all high efficiency lighting but still have a few older bulbs waiting to be used and then of course recycled. Thank you once again and we hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I traveled to Baltimore on business today and had the most wonderful experience beginning with my shuttle driver, Frederick E. He was so professional and really made a point to make sure I was comfortable. This was important for me because I'm disabled and have a hard time walking long distances. Frederick's kindness to me and everyone else he transported was wonderful and he should be commended for being so supportive and caring to his customers.

Room Tip: They are all beautiful.