Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel - BWI
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Hotel is convenient to BWI and Baltimore. Shuttle to the airport and parking available here rather than at airport. Rooms were nice and comfortable.
Bar, dinning area, and registration desk are all in adjoining open spaces which are very noisy. Not a welcoming environment.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank FromMarylandtoMexico
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us recently. I am sorry you didn't enjoy our lobby space we certainly want every guest to feel welcomed. We will work on the appearance to improve this in the future.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Have stayed here a number of time and normally very happy. This stay started out OK. I was greated by a great representative at the registration desk, she even provided me access to the "6th floor" as a thank you for my stays recently. I got to my room unpacked and set up my PC and work for the night before joining a number of back to back conference calls. I say down at the desk to join my first call and put my foot into a puddle of water. The water was obviously from the A/C. After my calls ended I called the front desk to let them know and was told they would move me and send maintenance to look at it. I explained that I was unpacked and was only there for the night and really didn't want to pack everything up. The representative said OK and they would send maintenance. The next thing I know I got a call telling me they were moving me, no apology, just that maintenance would be up to take me to my new room. The maintenance person arrived, walked me a few doors down to my new room and asked me for my keys to the previous room. I explained that they had access to the 6th floor and he told the new ones would too. He left but again no apology. A short time later I wanted to get a quick snack and drink from the 6th floor and my room key would not let me. I head back to the front desk and explain the situation to the a differen representative and she was fine, said no problem and reprogrammed my key. Again, no apology at all.

This all seems silly but you would have thought one person would have apologized.

As I mentioned, I've stayed here before and will again. It's a nice hotel, especially for a business traveler.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport hotel. Please let me apologize for the service you received during your stay. As you know being a repeat guest we pride ourselves on our service but in this instance we fell short. I will make sure to communicate your comments to my department heads and their staffs. I assure you we will be better!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

This was a good choice for our early morning flight from BWI. The front desk staff was very friendly and fast. Our room was a nice size with newer furniture. The bathroom was big with a glass and tile shower. The bed was comfortable. The hotel has plenty of free parking and is about a five minute drive to BWI. They have a complimentary shuttle that I saw many guests using throughout the day. We would stay here again for our flights out of BWI. We did not eat at the hotel, so I cannot comment on those amenities.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank slp2003

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel. We certainly love to cater to our early morning travelers. As you said we are only a few minutes away and make those early morning flights a lot easier for people traveling from neighboring areas or states. Thank you for your patronage and hopefully we will see you again sometime soon.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

This is not your typical Airport Hotel. The staff was absolutely the friendliest I have encounter lately (I travel 90% of my time), and they went above and beyond to help me with all my requests. That said, it is the food what really made this stay so great. EXCELLENT all of it, and they have the BEST crab cakes in town…. Absolutely AWSOME…. I ordered 2 time at lunch and the same for dinner….

1  Thank Felix D

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport hotel. We love to suprise people with our delicious food. We especially take pride in having the best Crabcake in town! I am glad you enjoyed it and can't wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I had the best experience staying and dining at the Sheraton BWI in Linthicum MD.The rooms are beautiful and very clean the staff was so professional, helpful, and very friendly. The Food was EXCELLENT and very DELICIOUS! I will be back to experience this joy again.

1  Thank kickconnection

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport hotel. I am pleased to hear about your great experience with the staff and in the restaurant. We take a lot of pride in producing fresh creative dishes in the restaurant for your pleasure. We continue to create new exciting dishes so please feel free to come back by and try out one of the many new items we have.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

The hotel is clean and the rooms are good. Only a shower, no tub but that is okay with me. The breakfast buffet was bad, cold food, limited supply, no rolls, stale biscuits. No accommodations made regarding alternative choices. The buffet was included due to Platinum status, but it was so bad that after we left the hotel we went somewhere else and paid for our breakfast. The manager was very unresponsive to our concerns. Next time will stay at the Embassy Suites, much better breakfast and more accommodating.....

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SM609
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport hotel. I am so very sorry to hear of your experience with the breakfast buffet. We take every comment from our guests very seriously and want to make sure we are providing the appropriate accommodations to make sure that all of our guests are taken care of and given a great start to their day. Obviously in this case we fell short and once again let me apologize about that. I assure you we will be better.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I had an overnight layover at BWI and decided to book a room at the Sheraton. I arrived at BWI around 9:30pm and was surprised that the shuttle was still making rounds and I didn't have to call for it, I only had to wait for a few minutes and there it was. The driver was very friendly and the hotel was only about 5 minutes away. Check in was a breeze and the staff was very helpful. I was starving and luckily the restaurant/bar is open late. I didn't really want to eat alone in the restaurant and really just wanted to relax in my room and was told, to my surprise, that the full restaurant menu was available for room service. On another review of this hotel I noticed that someone mentioned the crab cakes so I decided to try them. SO good! better than many I have had in restaurants, all meat and hardly any filler, delicious. It was a great meal despite the prices being a bit high but the norm since it is a hotel restaurant. It was worth the price for the convenience and excellent quality. My food was delivered to my room in about 25 min. and they removed the tray from outside my room within the hour so it didn't sit there all night like in some places I have stayed.

The room itself was very spacious and had a wonderful full wall, ceiling to floor window and huge desk area to work on. The bed was very comfortable and soft and had lots of down pillows. Great bathroom and very clean. I was thrilled with my room and my entire stay. I had to check out early and head to the airport, I was advised to be down about 30 minutes before I wanted to arrive at the airport and only had to wait about 10 minutes for the shuttle to return for the pick up. Great Hotel, Great Stay, Love the Sheraton.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank nicotags

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport hotel. I am so very pleased that you decided to stay with us during overnight stay here in the BWI area. We take pride in being prompt and courteous all around to make sure our guests have a great experience. We also do take a lot of pride in the crab cake which is one of our signature dishes. Hopefully we will see you again in the near future.