Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel - BWI
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed February 16, 2008

Check in was great, the room was very comfortable, and the staff was very willing to help. With a little more time this could be one of the best hotels in the BWI area.

One Caution, if you are using a GPS system, make sure you put the address in and not the name of the Hotel. When this hotel was built, the old Sheraton became a Fourpoints by Sheraton and this became the new one.

I would recommend this hotel without a problem.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hawaiiantraveler66
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel - BWI

Reviewed January 31, 2008

My husband and I stayed here on business and we were pleased. We arrived late and check in was a breeze. After a long day, the room was delightfully perfect. Our bed was so comfortable with all the comforts of home. Room service was top notch and very clean. It was a nice size room with plenty space for our clothes. The next morning instead of fighting traffic and parking like the other guests we we walked downstairs to the conference room and it was all set up with fresh beverages. For lunch, we made reservations at the restaurant within the hotel and the food in the dining room was beautifully styled. They had limited space for the crowd we had but the reservation was well worth it. The cuisine was served buffet style and very tasty. We checked out after lunch and overall it was a delightful experience. We would definately stay here again.

Grade: A

Christine Henderson
Travel Professional
www.travelsmoothie.com

• Stayed: December 2006
1  Thank HerJourneys
Reviewed December 5, 2007

This was a Hotwire reservation so I wasn't too sure about an $82 per night room at a three star hotel. But I was quite surprised by what I found. The hotel is very new, and the design is very nice.
Staff was very attentive and responded appropriately to questions or concerns. I enjoyed my stay

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank Paul C
Reviewed October 25, 2007

Check-in was fine. Even though I had to wait only a couple of minutes while in line behind two other people, the Sheraton desk clerk apologized to me for my having to wait.

My room was on the second floor. The room was a decent size, with two double beds. The carpet had a few black marks on it near the door, and the carpet wasn't very plush. The TV was nice and large, and there was a good selection of channels. The bathroom was clean, and the water pressure in the shower was good. I was glad to see that all the lamps in the room had earth-friendly bulbs.

The bed was really comfy--tons of pillows, the mattress was nice, and the bedcovering was thick and kept me warm.

I checked in fairly late, so I checked the room service menu for vegetarian items. Sadly, not much was available--a salad, maybe one entree (can't remember), and desserts. A choice of a couple or three vegetarian entrees would've been nice. Instead, I went to the vending
area on my floor. The soda machine was sold out. I checked the soda machines on the other floors, and every one of them was sold out too. So I went to a pantry next to check-in and got some snacks and a couple of drinks. Not the greatest dining experience, but better than nothing.

The hotel has a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport, which is nice.

All in all, not a bad stay. It would've been nice to have some more vegetarian choices on the room service menu, or vending machines that
weren't sold out. But my main reason for staying there was to be in a reasonable hotel close to BWI Airport, so the Sheraton fit the bill. I'd stay there again, but as a vegetarian I'd find someplace else to eat before I got there.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank wanative57
Reviewed September 19, 2007

Extremely poor service. The hotel did not have my confirmation, even though the confirmation number was presented at check-in and my credit card had already been charged.

It took over forty minutes to check-in, it was midnight in Baltimore and two gentlemen behind me had to wait a similar length of time to check-in at that late hour.

There were no spare sheets for the pull-out bed. The wake-up alarm did not work, it was a continual busy signal. The room was not in orderly shape, there was a stool standing on it's side - the room was average at best. The hotel did not try to get us in a room quickly when they could not find the reservation. Instead, the check-in clerk kept trying to pull it up the reservation on the computer, then walked away from the desk, then came back and called another Sheraton to see if my reservation was there, even though their hotel address was on the confirmation sheet. I had two 7th graders travelling with me waiting to meet up with their class for a week long school trip, they were falling asleep in the lobby while we waited to check in. I let them sleep on the bed and I slept on a towel on the pull-out bed since no staff was available to deliver sheets to the room at that hour. We have been used to very good service and experiences at numerous hotels, this unfortunately was a very bad experience.

Stayed: September 2007
5  Thank AnneJ07
Reviewed August 23, 2007

we were treatly very rudely upon check-in. there were four of us, they gave us a king size bed. They said they were sold out, we could try again at night, they would not even let us check-in. Seven hours later, when we again checked in, we were told we would have 2 roll aways in the room in 15 minutes. We were brought one! When we called to complain, we were told we had to go to the desk, after much arguing we were given another room at no charge (thought they were sold out!) At midnight a hotel employee came into my niece's room, she was alone! He thought it was empty SCARY WHAT WAS HE UP TO?? We talked to 3 different managers in about 15 minutes. Was anyone really in charge??

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank CtWinos
Reviewed June 24, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Sheraton the night before leaving for our honeymoon. I wasn't sure about the hotel as it's so new, no one I knew had stayed there. We booked the room with 10 days parking included. They had our room key waiting for us when we walked through the door of the hotel, they aren't too busy right now since it's so new. What a beautiful hotel, the decor is very old fashion maybe from the 40's or 50's. Everything was perfect with our stay. The room and hotel were very clean and staff couldn't do enough for us. They sent us a fruit and cheese platter to our room, I guess we said something about being newlywed's. The hotel chef kept the kitchen open so we could decide if we wanted to eat there or not. I highly recommend you eat there and be sure to get the Chicken Ceaser Salad. It was so good...I might go back just for dinner one night, that's how good it was. I would recommend everyone stay at this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple