“Comfy, large room” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
chico
“Comfy, large room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

Stayed one night before early morning flight. Lobby and warm and inviting. Appreciated shuttle picking me up at rental car area saving me shuttle to airport and then shuttle back to hotel late at night. Room was large and clean with comfy king bed. Hard to beat Sheraton beds. Caught shuttle very early next morning after short wait for shuttle to return from airport. Shuttle is 24 hours. Front desk staff friendly and welcoming. Only complaints are 1) have to pay for internet in room...I won't stay here again until that is changed...there are enough airport hotels that offer this for free, it seems ridiculous to have to pay additional charges for this standard service 2) need electrical outlet accessible from bedside to recharge phone and keep it nearby during the night. I use my phone alarm clock and want phone on bedside table so I am sure to hear alarm. These days all hotels need to have the bedside lamps with outlets at the base. Besides those two items, room was very clean, spacious and well decorated with great bed and sheets. Elevator and halls were also tidy and smelled nice. Oh, I did like leaving my room at 4:30 am and seeing security walking around the halls and keeping an eye on things.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank maryChico
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, March 11, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Sheraton BWI. We appreciate your business and your honest opinions. It is reviews like this that open our eyes to what our hotel needs and what our guests want. We will look into these suggestions. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the BWI area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

Stayed overnight between trips at the BWI Sheraton. Nice hotel. Comfortable. Extremely close to the airport. Front desk staff was great.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank leroyk
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton BWI. We appreciate your business and your raving positive review! We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.
Cape Cod
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by this Sheraton Hotel! Handsome rooms; very quiet with room darkening shades made for a great nights sleep. Cons: WiFi is a fee (not cool); meager towels encouraged us to conserve, ( which is cool). We will go back the next time we take a roadtrip!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Sheraton BWI. We appreciate your honest review of our rooms, wifi and towels in the guest rooms. It is reviews like this that allow us to hear what our guests are thinking about our guest room amenities. We offer complimentary wifi at The Link in our lobby with printing capabilities. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you go on a roadtrip!
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

Located In an industrial setting near the airport, this hyper-focused business oriented unplayful place needs a plant or hooker or cross dresser to brighten up an otherwise dull and unassuming working decor that is punctuated by a computer desk in the " dining room".Yuk! Yet while it's single mindedness may come across as simple minded at times its still fairly clean, quiet and convenient. Just bring your own toys and expect to see vanilla everywhere.Note to your wallet do Not pay more than 10 bucks for the cab ride from the airport.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank Mariner1947
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Sheraton BWI. We appreciate your business and your review. You are referring to The Link at Sheraton our business center is located at the edge of the restaurant. We find it useful to be where guests can see it and although it might be an eyesore to some, it’s useful, aesthetically pleasing and makes sense where it is. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring to back to BWI!
Leuven, Belgium
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on Saturday January 21th for one night, motivated by its high tripadvisor ranking. I booked a club room and I asked for a quiet room.
The room was confirmed with club lounge access (7/7), free buffet breakfast and free in room internet. I am SPG gold but that comes with no extra benefits at the Sheraton properties.

Upon arrival I was given room 604 and I asked if I needed a code for the free internet. The girl checking me in told me that internet was at a fee and when I told here that my confirmation stated that internet was free she said that it was free in the lobby but not in the room. Minutes after I was in the room she called me to say that she spoke with the manager and that my in room internet would be free.

At 6 pm, I then went for a drink and a some food to the club lounge. The lounge was open but not attended. The coffee was cold and no hot water for tea was available. There was no computer, only a printer. Coke and sprite were available in a refrigirator, no alcoholic drinks.
No food was available. I checked back at 7 pm but no change in the lounge. I finally went to the restaurant downstairs to drink and eat something. I was sitting at the bar and the food (crab cakes) was really good.

i was unable to connect to internet in my room and finally gave up and went downstairs again to use a free computer in the lobby, that worked out well.

I had to use ear plugs to sleep since there was a very disturbing low frequency noise in the room not coming from the HVAC which I did shut down.

At 6.15 am I went to the club lounge for the free breakfast but nothing had changed since the night before : still the cold coffee, no food items, no tea. I went downstairs to check out and I told the lady at the front desk about the status of the lounge. She told me that there was free coffee in the lobby ( I took a cup) and that there was breakfast in the restaurant at a fee.
I did not want to discuss this any further and took the shuttle to the airport. I took my breakfast at the airport.

I would never stay again at this hotel : I paid extra for a very noisy club room and none of the included extra's was available. The available lounge items were the worst I have ever seen in a lounge in the last 30 years (only cold coffee, sprite and coke) as well in the evening as in the morning.
My negative experience might have been related to the fact that it was a Saturday night stay but then they should not announce and charge lounge access and other extra's during the weekends (most Hiltons close their lounge during weekends) if they are unable to deliver. This property is a shame for the Sheraton brand.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank patvh
Thank you for choosing to stay with Sheraton BWI based on our Trip Advisor Reviews. We appreciate your business and your review. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced in our Club Lounge and with the internet. It is reviews like this that open our eyes to the experiences of our guests. Our Food and Beverage team will look into the points that you made. We do not serve alcohol in the Club Lounge. We hope that that you will give us another opportunity to earn your business in the future and welcome you back.
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

Clean and comfortable hotel, good location. Not the standards of London. Arrived late, no food avaliable. Would stay but only on a stop over from the airport.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Sec2012
Thank you for staying with us at the Sheraton BWI. We appreciate your review and your business. We apologize for any inconveniences you encountered during your stay. Our Restaurant and in Room Dining are available until 11:00 pm daily. We have a Sundry Shop available with food for our guests 24 hours a day. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the BWI area.
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

I recently stayed at the Sheraton BWI and truly enjoyed my stay. Upon arriving I was greeted by Tiffany at the front desk and I quickly knew I was going to be taken care of. She was very giving of herself and assured me if there was anything that i need to call the front desk and she would take care of it for me, as she did my 4 day stay. I enjoyed my cozy room and all that the Sheraton had to offer. The food was completely great as i was also taken care of Justin who was there before i even knew i needed him. The Sheraton BWI is a great choice for a war friendly environment.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lorenzo L
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your extended stay! We appreciate your business and the warm and friendly review! Our Associates Tiffany and Justin are both awesome! They truly know how to take care of our guests and offer great Customer Service! We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the BWI area!