“If you want the best hotel and stay for your time away, the Sheraton BWI is the number one choice to pick!”

Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed May 24, 2011

My stay at the Sheraton BWI was great. Its an upscale hotel that's very nice and clean, with decent sized rooms and comfortable pillow top mattresses. Sleeping and being somewhere else other than your own home is different but here they make you feel right at home. The general manager, managers, employees and staff are very friendly and helpful. There's a restaurant and bar in the hotel that makes it so convenient to just to relax, have a drink and eat good food without having to go anywhere. The hotel is in a great location so if you do want to go out and eat or have fun, food and nightlife is just a few minutes away. Also there's an indoor pool and 24 hour gym that comes in handy to stay in shape while your away from home. I would definitely come bak and stay here again my next trip to Baltimore and I would recommend it to anyone!

-B.Hall

• Stayed May 2011
3 Thank bmarieh
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, May 31, 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay with the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport. We appreciate your comments based on your experience. The Sweet Sleeper Beds are very comfortable and glad to hear that you were able to have a good nights sleep with us! We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel the next time you are in the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Frederick, MD
Reviewed May 12, 2011

My wife and three kids choose the Sheraton BWI (Linthicum, MD) for a weekend stay. We are very impressed with this hotel, such a pleasant surprise.

The location is great! The hotel provides you with quick and easy access to BWI airport and downtown Baltimore. They also provide you with free shuttle service and the driver seems to always have a smile on his face with a great sense of humor!

The hotel is absolutely spotless from the parking lot to the your room and it always seems like there is someone cleaning something. Cleanliness is very important to us, especially have three kids and I give the Sheraton BWI (Linthicum, MD) an A+! We had a Jr. Suite which fit all five of us very comfortably. Very impressed with the room design, layout, modern feel and especially the cleanliness!

Last, but certainly not least, the service was top notch! Front desk staff is very welcoming and always wearing a smile. They make you feel like you are the only guest.

We were fortunate enough to meet the Hotel General Manager (Emile) and he went out of his way in ensuring that we were comfortable and that the kids are enjoying themselves. He personally pointed out the pool and helped my son navigate to his favorite Disney web page at the hotel Internet lounge.

If you are looking for a hotel with great atmosphere, great service, super clean rooms, family friendly, great amenities modern twist to a classic look this is certainly the place for you.

I highly recommend this hotel, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank roniangel7
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, May 13, 2011
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport. We appreciate you taking the time to recall such a detailed experience in your review. Our complimentary shuttle takes guests within 3 miles of the hotel which is easily accessible to the Light Rail, BWI Airport, Amtrak, and BWI Car Rental Facility. It was a pleasure to meet you and have your family stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back the next time you are in the area.
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 22, 2011

I had a late check-in and wanted a snack. There are no vending machines on the room floors so I bought a snack from the hotel pantry store. I was charged $5.00 for a twenty oz. bottle of soda and a small (less than an ounce) bag of chips. That's ridiculous and basically highway robbery. I resent someone taking advantage of me because they think I have an expense account. My biggest complaint however is the price and quality of the food offered in the one bar/restaurant. I paid over $30 dollars for food that was so salty it was inedible. The next day I was charged approximately $20 dollars for a breakfast that consisted of a bad cup of coffee and a frozen waffle. The cost of that bad cup of coffee alone was $4.00. I was also disappointed to find that there was a $9.95 charge a day for the internet in the room and no wifi available in the meeting rooms even though this is a hotel that caters to business travelers.

I am a gold member of the starwoods rewards program and I was very disappointed in my stay at this hotel. Prior to my stay, I always thought that Sheraton's were pretty good mid-level hotels. Not any more. They are off my list.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Garnet4266
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, April 23, 2011
Thank you for your feeback regarding your stay with us. I certainly take every piece of feedback to heart and will use your feedback to hopefully better ourselves. The Sundry market prices are set by a third party company to make sure we are in line wit the surrounding hotels. Also we only stock chips that are 1.5 oz or larger to make sure the price is on pace with the product. We do offer complimentary Starbucks coffee in all of our guestrooms and in the lobby during the morning hours. However if ordered from the restaurant it is made fresh and there is the cost you had mentioned. Our waffles are made to order from batter we do not use frozen waffles in the restaurant at any time. We do have complimentary wifi available in the lobby and meeting spaces setup their internet with a special code so that the participants may logon. Once again thank you for your feedback and please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel (443)577-2100.
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed April 15, 2011

I was very impressed with the incredible customer service offered at the Sheraton BWI. First, the afternoon I arrived I wanted to take the train to downtown Baltimore. James the afternoon van driver provided friendly and efficient service to and from the station, as well as lots of useful information about the local train system and the downtown area. Also, that evening, Katie, at the front desk, offered friendly service when she arranged my pickup from the train station, reprogrammed my key, and arranged to have a refrigerator delivered to my room.

The second example of outstanding customer service I received at the Sheraton BWI was the next morning. When I checked out of the hotel, I accidentally left my cell phone in the room. When I finally realized I had left my phone behind, I was already at the airport with only thirty minutes prior to departure. I called the front desk from the airport and spoke with Mia. Mia immediately ran up to my room, located the phone, and handed it off to the morning van driver, Devron. Devron immediately drove my phone to the airport and delivered it to me. Due to Mia's and Devron's swift action I was able to recover my phone AND depart ontime. I really can't thank Mia and Devron enough for their help that morning.

In addition to great customer service, the Sheraton BWI is clean, comfortable, and convenient to the airport and inner harbor. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2010
2 Thank carboneel
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, April 21, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind comments about our staff members particularly James, Mia, Katee and Devron. We are so pleased that we were able to accommodate you with your various needs throughout your stay. I will make sure to pass your kinds words on to all the staff. We appreciate you choosing the Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport and look forward to your next visit to the area.
Fortaleza, CE
Reviewed April 9, 2011

We stayed here for two nights, through Hotwire, which rates it as a 3 1/2-star hotel. I would consider it slightly more upscale and plush than the nearby Hilton Garden Inn, which we'd gotten through Priceline a year before (Priceline gave it 3 stars), though at the latter we did not have to pay $9.95 for in-room WiFi, as we did at the Sheraton (you can use PCs, and printer, in the lobby for free, though you may have to wait). Although our room faced towards a highway, we did hear very little traffic noise (and there are highways pretty much everywhere around).

We ate one night at the hotel's restaurant (good but, as expected, not cheap), while the other night we took the front desk's recommendation for a seafood restaurant about a 10-minute drive away (we used the hotel's shuttle each way; did hve to wait a while for the return, but not too bad). That restaurant ended up being more quantity than quality, but it was crowded, so it's obviously what many people want (do need to be clear when asking for restaurant recommendations).

When I told the front desk I was returning my rental car the night before our departure, I was told that, for my return, I needed to call for the hotel shuttle at the upper level of the airport. Only after returning my car to the consolidated rental car center (which is off-airport), and taking a shuttle to the airport, and waiting a long time for the hotel's shuttle after phoning (the whole trip prolonged by the fact that the driver went back for more passengers after leaving the terminal area fhte first time), did I learn the shuttle could hae picked me up from the rental car center.

We didn't have time to use the fitness center or indoor pool. I found it curious that, according to the sign posted by the pool, it didn't open until 4 p.m. on weekdays. Having guest laundry facilities, but the high cost of detergent ($2.50 for a single-use packet, as I recall) was more than we'd paid anywhere else on our trip.

All in all, a comfortable hotel. I don't know if this hotel is worth any more than the Hilton Garden Inn (whether in a higher fare or needing to pay for WiFi), but it's not a bad place to end up.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sutter
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, April 14, 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton BWI. We appreciate the thorough review of our hotel and glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced returning your rental car. We do offer complimentary shuttle service within a three mile radius of the hotel including airport, Light rail, Amtrak, and car rental facility. Our pool is open at 6am – 10am of a morning and then reopens at 4pm in the afternoon. During the weekends it is open the entire day 6am – 10pm. It is a county law to have a Lifeguard on duty at all times the pool is open. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed March 15, 2011

Frankly, i cannot speak on the amenities, as i did not stay here. However i did book a group to stay here for my wedding. I reserved a room on my card to facilitate relatives, who did pay for their rooms. I was suprised to see I was charged for a room, as I did not stay at the hotel. I figured it would be an easy fix, as it was just for $120, and I did not stay. However i have had much difficulty in getting the charge reversed. Asst. Manager Jared [-] has worked to get it fixed, however it is March, i still have not been refunded (check that, i was, but they charged me again in February!!). Also, general manager Emil, who has time to respond to tripadvisor, as not returned my calls once in six months. I really cannot understand the difficulty here. Given the experience, I felt the need to post this warning. It's one thing to make an honest mistake, it is another to dodge calls for six months from a customer who helped book a dozen rooms on what would have been an otherwise empty weekend for their hotel

Stayed October 2010
1 Thank tskacan
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, March 18, 2011
Thank you for choosing to have your relatives stay here for your wedding. We appreciate your business. We refunded the charge, however learning that you had already been credited from your credit card company, we recharged the card for the refund that we had already given you. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences this has caused and hope that you will consider staying with us in the future.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed February 17, 2011

I have traveled a lot to the Baltimore area and have stayed in many hotels, however I would have to say that this is my all time favorite. The rooms are typical of a upscale Sheraton- open, comfortable, with a great flat screen TV. The shower is a walk in with great pressure. The menu is limited but what they have is great, room service is fast and accurate. But what I like the most are the people- always with the can do attitude and what can they do to make my stay better. During the snow storm they went the extra mile to make sure that I reached my appointment on time with driving instructions. This will be my new home away from home- I hope that they are not sold out.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Sequelinc
EDebsia, General Manager at Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, February 18, 2011
Thank you and we appreciate you staying and taking time to share your recent experience with us. We offer a consistent travel experience for our guests from the welcoming associate during the check in and for those serving and delivering your food. Our associates believe in the can do attitude and it’s great to see that you noticed it! We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home when your travels bring you back to our area! We will continue to go above and beyond for you and all of our guests.