“Great Place to Stay”

Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI Airport
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Staybridge is a great place to stay. I travel to Baltimore on business often, and I always stay at Staybridge BWI.... John and his staff take excellent care of their Guest. It is close to the airport and close to the city.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
whythis1, Manager at Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2010

Our hotel tries very hard to have every guest to enjoy there stay while being here at the StayBridge BWI hotel

Reviewed July 15, 2010

Stayed for 1 night with my husband and 2 kids. We were in the area to visit family but also take in some of the attactions at Baltimore Inner Harbor.

The hotel is about 15-20 to the downtown area but it's in a nice area off the highway next to many other hotels. The Staybridge offers free breakfast and has a nice swimming pool that my kids enjoyed. I was shocked to see that there was a life guard on duty. I think this is the first time I've seen a lifeguard on duty at any Marriott property. I'm a rewards member and I always stay at Marriott properties. When I travel back to Maryland I will stay at the Staybridge because of the lifeguard. I hope they keep the person on.

The rooms are a nice size especially for a family of four. I only found one thing quite odd; the TV's are quite dated. No flat panel in fact the 2 TV's in the room said Zenith. I don't even think Zenith is still even on the market. Well, we don't watch TV that much anyhow but I found this strange and how the 2nd TV was placed in the room. You have a TV in the sleeping area then there is no door to the sitting area but another TV was placed smack dead in the middle of the room.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They would answer any questions about the area and the hotel. I was quite please with the staff.

The hotel would get a 5-star rating...I should've asked the staff about the TVs; However, we will stay again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
whythis1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2010

Thank you for allowing us to be your Home Away from Home while in baltimore.

Reviewed July 9, 2010

We stayed at Staybridge suites after our long plane ride from England. This was the only hotel in the BWI area where we could park a car over 14 days without a fee. The hotel shuttle quickly picked us up after our flight. The check-in easy. Our room was fantastic. It consisted of fully equiped kitchen area, sitting area, and sleeping area with large bath. A complementary breakfast is offered and has a wide variety of offerings. We needed to return to airport the following day and thought we would have to drive/park. The hotel offered their shuttle for our quick trip back. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

We enjoy hearing our guest discuss there stay at our Staybridge Suites BWI , Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 23, 2010

I have lived at this hotel for over a year. Out of all of the hotels in the BWI airport, and there are a lot, I would not want to stay anywhere else, period. The best compliement that I could possibly give, is that this place is my home. ALL of the staff at this hotel are wonderful people, who have gone out of their way to make the Staybridge feel like my home. Unfortuanatley, because of my job I am leaving the hotel, but will miss it dearly.

Thank you to John and his staff for making my stay such a wonderful expierence.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Mr_Leos_Dad
whythis1, Manager at Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2010

We love to hear great things from our guests about our hotel

Reviewed February 22, 2010

I am a smoker. I am sure that most nonsmoker's would not want a smoke smelling room. I respect that and would never smoke in a nonsmoking room EVER. I am a platinum member, which means if I book a room, They have to honor what I booked. Even if i show up at 10pm. The evening I was supposed to leave, I noticed my reservation was changed to a nonsmoking room. As I said before, I won't stay in one because I respect nonsmokers rights as they should mine and quite frankly It's cold outside. I called John the manager who said quote " We are an extended stay hotel and If you are only staying one night, We can change your reservation". I explained that as a platinum member that wasn't so. He said " Fine I will refund your money and you could just stay somewhere else. I had to call the PC who said they were very sorry and that isn't true. EVER SINCE JOHN TOOK OVER THE SERVICE SUCKS!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank sheva420
whythis1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2010

Hotel tries very hard t honoe each and every guest request that the hotel receives, there are times that are out of the hotel's control that we are unable to honor everyone request.

Reviewed February 5, 2010

We booked this hotel to attend a family gathering. Due to weather the airline canceled our flight. We in turn had to cancel our hotel reservations. The manager "John" said that there would be no refund. We had booked two nights and canceled early on the first day. No doubt the rooms were booked to others, where I come from that is a double dip and is considered theft. I feel as if I should report this to the BBB.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank high_torque
whythis1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2010

Guest had actually purchased a advance pay booking which does state on the advnace booking thru travelocity that "advance pay bookings" are non-refundable.

Reviewed January 3, 2010

This hotel has a very nice lobby area and seems like a nice hotel from first looks. Its close to some restaurants and the Arundel Mills Mall which is nice. I made reservations and arrived for check in at the front desk but actually did not physically stay in this hotel because at check-in I was informed that the information online about the age requirement was wrong. Online the requirement was 18 but the hotel actually requires you be 21(I'm 19). While this was not a huge problem because they were able to transfer me to a hotel down the street, dealing with the people at the desk was a bit of a pain.I read some reviews that were negative about the desk staff and I agree, not very friendly and seemed to have attitudes. I think that the hotel itself might have been very nice to stay in, it has good amenities and a good price range, but I was happier with the hotel I was transferred to, which had much better customer service.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank truetravelgirl14

The website was built for our hotel in May of 2007 and at that point it was loaded with all age requirements,.