“Not a 4 star hotel but 4 star service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, BWI Airport (Baltimore)

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, BWI Airport (Baltimore)
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Mystic, CT
“Not a 4 star hotel but 4 star service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2010

OK... I got stuck out at BWI because DC was too crowded and expensive and chose to stay near BWI and commute down by MARC every day. I wanted to take the hotel out of the equation so I simply chose the #1 on Tripadvisor and said I would live w/ it.

This is not a 4 star luxurious hotel but I had to rate this a 5 as far as Tripadvisor ratings. Servcie made the difference. Got in early Monday morn and they picked me up in a shuttle, gave me a room at 8am in the morn so I could wash up and put my bag down and shuttled me to the MARC BWI station 5 minutes away. Picked me up at MARC at night, brought me to the hotel, FREE wireless which worked flawlessly but they also have me FREE wired broadband which I hooked up in the room.

Ate next door at Chili's both nights which is Chili's... but the 1 minute commute made it worthwhile. Bed was soft, did not hear any airport noise and they did the same thing for my BWI to DC commute the next day.

What I learned is that it IS commutable to DC and w/ their great service, great conversations on the shuttle bus, free and tasty breakfast, free internet, free cookies and tea/coffee all day and night... it was a terrific experience and I will be back.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
dhoerning, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, BWI Airport (Baltimore), responded to this review, September 27, 2010
I would like to personally thank you for the time and efforts you took to review our hotel after your last visit with us. Your feedback helps keep our operation a success for you and all future travelers to our hotel and the staff is always very appreciative of the recognition.

I will be sure to share your kind words with the rest of our management team and all those you interacted with during your stay.

We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the Baltimore / DC area.

Derik Hoerning

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Yeovil, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2010

Having stayed the previous night at the Country Inns & Suites at Lexington Park MD, which we adored, we thought it would be difficult to beat that hotel. We were right, but the Country Inn & Suites at BWI matched the Lexington Park experience so thank you, we adore you too!

The cleanliness and service were first rate. Our troop of teensand tewnty-somethings made good use of the pool, hot tub and gym and although all were moderate in size (the facilities and not the kids) they fitted the bill for a short stay.

Rooms were very comfortable and although the hotel seemed busy there was not a lot of noise transmitted to the room. Hey, maybe we were making the noise!

Breakfast was a good mix of the healthy (fruit, juices, cereals etc) and the naughty (eggs, bacon, waffles etc) and was kept well stocked as the hordes descended.

The location for the airport appeared good, but we were using it as a 'bolt hole' before heading to downtown Baltimore and the Aquarium and for that it was perfect.

Would stay here again and recommend it without hesitation - Good luck!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Midwest, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2010

Just perfect all around. The place was clean, quiet, great wi-fi, and great breakfast. It was close to the airport, but not so close as to be a bit scurvy like some airport hotels are. This Country Inn is nestled amongst many big-chain hotels, all on the same road. There's a Chili's next door, or if you go up the road a 1/2 mile, there's a Ruby Tuesday.

Next time I fly into BWI, I'll definitely pick this place again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2010

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites to meet up with friends of ours who came to visit. We decided to go to D.C. for the day and the staff (the best part of our stay) was extremely diligent with helping us find transportation into and out of the city. They also helped us find the local mall and walmart, providing clear directions to each location. Maria (at the front desk) was nice enough to change my room from a smoking to a non when she realized I had small children with me and had only received a smoking because of who I booked through. Steven took excellent care of us during the continental breakfast providing extra attention to our children. Even the shuttle driver went above and beyond. The entire staff showed a minimum of professional courtesy throughout our stay. The rooms were very neat and the beds comfortable. We were very happy with our stay here.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
jdelozier, Regional Vice President at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, BWI Airport (Baltimore), responded to this review, June 17, 2010
Dear Fourinthefam:

Thank you for your kind words about our Country Inn & Suites--BWI Airport. I appreciate your comments about our very neat rooms and comfortable beds. Even more importantly, I was so excited to see how you felt about our staff. Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I hope your travels bring the family back to our BWI Airport location very soon. If I can ever be of assistance to you while traveling in the area, please contact me at jdelozier@hlihotels.com.

All the very best,
John Delozier--Regional Vice President
Hospitality Lodging Investors, LP
Sterling Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2010

My family needed a hotel for our cruise leaving from Baltimore. Bonnie, the front desk manager, was extrememly helpful along with everyone on this staff. We purchased the port package which picked us up from the airport and drove us to/from our cruise. The hotel shuttle also drove us to other stops we needed to take like the grocery store, and the Lightway rail (for a visit to Inner Harbour). The hotel is very clean, and the pool/hottub area is also maintained very well. If you need a hotel for a cruise or just need to be close to the airport, you can't do any better than this one. The shuttle service drivers are very nice, efficient: we tipped them well-- they certainly earned it.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Cleveland,OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2010

This is not the Four Seasons, but for the price, this was a great place to stay! The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the room had a coffee maker and refrigerator. The shower was nice and hot, with plenty of water pressure. The pool was small, but very clean and big enough for my kids to burn off some extra energy after a six hour car ride. We had two minor complaints...the hallway had a strong antiseptic/cleaner smell...but maybe they just cleaned the carpet? The second thing is that they have a free breakfast in a room off the lobby that was supposed to go until 11:00am on weekends. We got back from church at about 10:40am, and most of the buffet had been removed. They told us they cleaned up because no guests had eaten in the previous hour. As far as dining, there was a Chili's next door, and plenty of restaurants within about a 10 minute drive. We sailed on the Carnival Pride out of the Port of Baltimore, and this hotel was only about 11 minutes from the pier. Overall, we would have no problem staying here again!

• Stayed April 2010
1 Thank FloridaDreaming
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2010

Stayed here for the weekend with my sons soccer team (teenage boys). The first night was difficult to sleep because of banging doors...we were at the end of the hall next to the stairway that got a lot of traffic! I mentioned it to the front desk clerk, in converstaion, not a s a complaint and she was so nice and responsive. She told me I should have called and they would have moved us! She immediately looked for another room and put us in a suite for the next night. On Sunday our team had to leave for a game before the breakfast would be set-up at 7 but they made us 36 breakfast bags with a muffin, apple and cereal bar in each. Turns out they got the breakfast going early for us! The boys loved the pool and hot tub. Very clean all around. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family