I spent three nights here while attending the Tall Ships Sailabration (OpSail 2012) in downtown Baltimore. Overall, this is a very nice place.
The positives include:
1. Friendly and helpful front desk staff.
2. Clean and modern room. Great bed and nice linens. Everything spotlessly clean, particularly the bathroom. Great air-conditioning, which was very important given the heat wave while I was there.
3. Excellent breakfast buffet in the morning, with real china and silverware unlike the plastic stuff usually found at Holiday Inn Express. Breakfast choices were good, especially the opportunity to make breakfast burritos. Only wish that bacon had been offered one morning (sausage patties every day).
4. Coffee, tea and cookies available in the lobby 24 hours a day. A nice (and free) treat. Also, lobby had a stand selling chips, crackers, instant soup and other snack items, which was very convenient (and priced reasonably). Also, a selection of books to read and exchange - a nice touch.
5. Although right near the airport, soundproofing was good -- I never heard any planes except when outside. Suggest that you avoid the 5th floor to ensure quiet. My room was on the 2nd floor.
6. Two new, PCs in the lobby and a printer. Great speed on the internet.
1. Not much right nearby except other hotels. The only place in walking distance is a Chilli's restaurant.
2. Location is up a hill. Could use more room for parking and turning around. This location could be a challenge if you are pulling a trailer.
3. Furniture looked newish, but no flat-screen TVs. This is not a big issue as the TV was large and had a great selection of channels.
4. Pool is very small and had very limited hours (only when life-guard was on duty). Also, the hot tub / spa was not working while I was there.
All in all, I would recommend this place if you wish to stay near the airport or away from the higher priced down-town hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Country Inn & Suites BWI Airport hotel in Baltimore is just two miles from Baltimore Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport and convenient to Downtown Baltimore, Annapolis, Washington D.C. and the Baltimore Washington Parkway. Located in the BWI Hotel District in Linthicum, Maryland, this Country Inn & Suites is convenient to a number of area businesses and attractions. Guests are sure to enjoy this Linthicum hotel's convenient location, comfortable accommodations and customer-centered service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, BWI Airport (Baltimore) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inns And Suites Bwi Airport
- Country Inns & Suites Bwi Airport Hotel Linthicum
- Country Inn Linthicum
- Country Inn Bwi Airport
- Linthicum Country Inn