“Seriously? $9.75 for a Chicken Wrap?”

700 South Gourmet Deli and Cafe
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: An independent family owned deli and cafe, located in Linthicum, MD, in the heart of the BWI hotel and business district. We are a premier Corporate Caterer, specializing in the field since 1982, focusing on quality food, delivered on time, with our customers in mind. Our goal is to satisfy every customer's request to the best of our ability. Delivery areas include - Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Columbia, Annapolis, Hanover, Linthicum, and surrounding areas.
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Met a colleague who works close to this place there. The "special" was $9.75 for a Buffalo Chicken Wrap. That includes the hilariously small wrap with three slivers of lukewarm grilled chicken inside, fountain soda, a tiny-sized side of flavorless potato salad (1 oz) and a pickle wedge. That's what you get for $9.75 plus tax, people. What a racket.

Meanwhile, out the window, I see people who work in the building 700 is in, walking out to the street to get a hot dog from a guy on the side of the road. That should have alerted me.

Next time I'm in the area, I'll eat at the soon-to-be-open Cracker Barrel or Bob Evans. It's less expensive.

There are newer reviews for 700 South Gourmet Deli and Cafe

Reviewed August 1, 2013

700 South is a pretty busy cafe since it's probably the only legit one within walking distance from the BWI business district. Hence, this is my go-to place whenever I forget to bring my lunch to work.

I like it. It's a bit pricey for a lunch meal, but 700 South serves a variety of foods, from hot and cold sandwiches to gourmet salads and wraps. My favorite here is the fish sandwich and the southwest turkey wrap. The cobb salad here isn't bad either. A little bonus here is that if you order a sandwich or wrap, you get a free mini side dish.

Overall, 700 South is a decent place to go to lunch if you work in the area. It's not a deli I'd go out of my way for.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We ate here after just getting off our plane. It was in an out of the way location not too far from our rental car place. The food was excellent. Service was good and quick. There was something for everyone in our group. My wife got the crab cakes and they were REALLY good. I would get that, if I went back. I had the Italian sandwich and I enjoyed it. The sides were on the small side, but really tasty. I would not hesitate to go back there. It was a little hard to find. GPS is a must. The parking situation is also tricky. It is a one way lot. We had a challenge getting there. It was worth the effort.

1  Thank attyjpf
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We were looking for a quick meal and tried this place. It was ok. Nothing outstanding, but for a deli it was good. The sides are rather small portions, and some were not as tasty as expected. Service was quick and friendly.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed in a hotel nearby and checked TA for a local spot for lunch. Located on the ground floor of a large building, it is a little hard to locate. I arrived just before 11 am. It is open for breakfast and lunch. I didn't wait at all but when I left about 45 mins later, there were 10 people in line and more coming. Turkey club and cole slaw very good. Bonus was the sweet tea!

1  Thank neonargy