“Great, Hidden Lunch Place!”

Carmelo's Pizza Pasta & More
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Carmelo's, we blend the freshness of locally grown organic ingredients with the unique flavors of imported products from selected purveyors in our native region of Italy. Our seasonal menu consists of a variety of signature dishes, delicious pizzas and fresh made subs and wraps. We value our customers and thank you for supporting us. Our goal is to continue to develop our restaurant, offering the finest in quality contemporary Italian cuisine with personable service... all at an affordable price!
Virginia
“Great, Hidden Lunch Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stopped in here after another place we were going to was closed on Sundays. What a gem! The food is reasonably priced and the service was top notch! I had the Cheeseburger and my girlfriend the Cheesesteak. Both sandwiches came with fries and a drink! Food tasted great and my girlfriend even got a Valentine's Carnation!

Will definitely be back again!

1 Thank gmumandan

baltimore
“Local Pizza spot”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

My family and I have dined at Carmelo's numerous times. It is a laid back spot. They serve whole pizza's, and by the slice.They serve pasta dishes and salad's, and sandwiches and subs. They have a pretty good cheesesteak too! They are priced average. We will continue to stop in for lunch or dinner.

• Visited January 2013
Linthicum Heights, Maryland
“"Hey, I like this place!"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

OK, the atmosphere won't knock you out, but this is a great neighborhood joint, and I'm a regular. Ask the servers to go light on sauces and they pass this along. Also, the sandwiches are very tasty, and the bruchetta w/ crab is quite nice. The calimari w/ linguini is chewy - just the way I like it.

And now - the pizza - fabulous! The veggie is loaded with tomato, broccoli, onions, etc. and light on the sauce. The meat pizza w/ three toppings (we got pepperoni, saussage, and ham) was done just right. You'll pay more for pizza here than at Domino's or Papa John's, but it's worth every penny.

The servers are friendly and casual. It's a good restaurant to have in Linthicum and I'm glad it's here.

• Visited January 2013
Linthicum Heights, Maryland
“Have Reviewed them w/5 stars....now it is different....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

We still like their food but their management has decided that to split a meal will cost $4.95. My husband and I who are senior citizens usually order the Steak Bistro Salad for $7.95 and split it as it is way too much food for one person. We said we were sharing and they wanted to charge an additional $4.95 to do so even though we were eating off of the same plate and not asking for another. I will no longer recommend this place. The manager can't seem to stop smoking out in front which is in poor taste. Unfortunately, he doesn't understand good business. Anyway, the food is still good if you can put up with the other unfortunate hoopla.

• Visited November 2012
4 Thank T C
Linthicum, MD
“Linthicum's Best-Kept Secret”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

This place looks like a run-of-the-mill pizza joint, but looks can be deceiving. There is clearly someone in the kitchen who knows what s/he is doing! At lunch time, the place is busy selling good-quality pizza by the slice, often to-go. There are several varieties to choose from, and they heat it up for you as you order. At dinner time, the sit-down portion of the restaurant fills up with savvy locals who can't believe their good luck in having such great Italian food available so close to home. Check out the specials board, where something tempting always awaits. They have many varieties of pasta with seafood. Every one of them is a winner. They have a creamy pink sauce that renders everything it touches delectable. If you're not a seafood fan, their take on classics such as lasagne and eggplant parm are reliably good. Sadly, there's not much in the way of atmosphere. The checked tablecloths and bright lighting are cheerful enough, but I'm not a fan of watching tv during dinner. Also, there is no liquor license, but they'll happily open that bottle of chianti, should you have the foresight to bring one with you. Service is cheerful and efficient. This is a reliable local eatery whose reputation can't help but spread.

• Visited November 2012