WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Bay Leaf Indian Cuisine - CLOSED

Bay Leaf Indian Cuisine
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Nummy in my tummy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

We love Indian food and were so please with our supper we are going back for lunch! Tomato soup was spicy like my hubby likes it the Dal soup was so heat hot I had to wait for it to cool. Once it did the favors were spot on. Lots of garlic. Garlic naan was soooo good. Chewy. Crunchy. Cilantro-y. Mmmmm! For Entrees I had the shrimp curry with cashew sauce and it was so rich and hearty I had to bring half back to the hotel. Hubby had chicken vindaloo. Spicy. Too spicy for me but he loved it. I ordered medium spice for my shrimp and the heat was perfect. Only snag was the onion chutney wasn't complimentary. So we ordered it as we love it with Naan and pampadam. It was more sweet than usual but tasty. We are going to try the buffet tomorrow. I'd prefer to rate the 4.5 if I could as we had to ask three times for the chutney.

New York City, New York
“Good Indian Food near BWI Airport and the many airport chain hotels”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

On one of our recent trips to the Baltimore area to visit my wife's friends and family, we stayed in the Baltimore Hilton BWI Airport location (a nice hotel btw). BWI and its surroundings are kind of the middle of nowhere (as many airports are). So it was a pleasant surprise to discover such a nice restaurant just across the street from the hotel!

We had dinner there with my wife's best friend, and we were all very happy with the quality of the food. And as I recall, the prices were not bad as well. The dining room was rather empty when we were there (on a Saturday evening) - but then, I am sure that they make most of their money from delivery orders to the local hotels.

So if you find yourself at the Hilton or the Marriott or the La Quinta and you don't know what to do for dinner, do what we did - drive two minutes to Bay Leaf!

• Visited October 2013
Columbia, Maryland
“Ok food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

The food is okay here. The paneer dish can be presented in a more appetizing fashion. Far from where we are so not intending on coming back but worth a try.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Lunch buffet was amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

Great Indian Food - enuff said. Absolutely wonderful. I was in/out in under an hour and the buffet had a ton of different foods available.

Visited June 2014
Union Bridge, Maryland
“Airport convenience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

This place is next door to the Airport Fast Park lot and we recently stopped in for dinner after a return trip. The menu included all the standard fare. No specials were listed.

The samosa chaat was a very good starter with a nice combination of favors. Things took a bit of a down turn after that. The chicken in the tikka masala was chewy and without a hint of having been in a tandoori. The vegetable curry was just plain weird. It kind of tasted like a vindaloo but the vegetables -- squash, broccoli, and such were goopy. Perhaps vegetables capable of standing up to stewing might have helped.

The service was prompt and courteous. The prices were typical of area Indian places at about $14/dish. Decor was pleasant.

I suppose if I were staying at one of the nearby hotels and in need of an Indian food fix, Bay Leaf would suffice. I can't think of a reason to return, however, given the number of better Indian restaurants in the area, like Akbar, Akbar Palace or Royal Taj.

Visited June 2014