“OK, but pricey for sure”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We stayed here overnight on 6/16 to catch an early flight. The front desk staff (2 but only 1 helping people checking in and all she did was talk outloud to herself), finally got us in. Got to our room and the fridge that was advertised wasn't there. Called and after an hour or so, one was brought to our room. It had someone elses McDonalds chicken nuggets and the hotel cookie in it still. Never did get our water glasses or coffee creamer sent to the room, so went and got our own.

On the plus side our room was fine, the internet worked great and the bed was as well. We went to the lounge to watch the US soccer game and then ordered appetizers and soup at a table there. The bartender was wonderful and also served us promptly and with a great attitude and personality. AND the food was very good. I ordered room service for dinner and it was great - the crab cakes were excellent and the chicken wings we shared were as well. Very happily surprised.

That's about it. So I give it an average all in all. For $220 it is very pricey though in my opinion for what you get.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bill W
AdamNovotny, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear Bill W,

Thanks for the review. It is unspoken rule that you MUST have a quality crab cake if you are restaurant in Maryland. Thanks for the kudos to our Chef. Sorry about the fridge. It should never have been delivered to you in that state. Rest assured, I have shared your feedback with my Executive Housekeeper. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,438)

Reviewed June 18, 2014

5  Thank artsense
AdamNovotny, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear artsense,

Thanks for posting; feedback is always important. Your stay was not up to our usual standards- I am sorry we didn't meet your expectations. I have shared your comments with my management team, so that we can address the issues and learn from your stay. We will do better! Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Do yourself a favor do not stay here. Frequent travels with many different hotels. This is not good, looks very chic but poor management. Shower curtain hasn't been changed very bad order, filled the whole bathroom up. Bathroom tub and sink clogged very slow. The hotel is an old building and the walls are like paper. If you want to sleep do not go here especially around vacation time with kids. Rooms looked very chic but that was it. The edge of the bed seemed old and lost firmness sank down way too far. I know your thinking this one sounds like a chronic complainer, but I only left one review in the last 10 years, and this needed to be address so traveler be aware. Also states fridge and microwave on web, they have taken them out of the rooms. The hotel around the corner from here that starts with W is way better

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
6  Thank tripweluv
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Hotel rooms are dusty, found a used washcloth in the shower- RM 358. There were things under the chair. Lining of the shower curtain wasn't even buttoned, just hanging loose in the shower.
We had to change rooms because door lock was broken. The next room 106 was also dusty with a smell even though they said it was just cleaned.
No fridge in rooms, this is my first.
Maintenance Guy was very courteous and helpful-can't remember his name, has an accent.
Breakfast was nice, servers also very nice.
Don't think I'll sleep in a doubletree again- usually sleep in hilton hotels and this is my first review and unfortunately happens to be a bad one.
Not enough parking space at night.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Eugenia G

Dear Eugenia G,

Thanks for the review. I agree with you, we need to step it up. Also, thanks for giving the room number, this helps me investigate and correct the issue. Don't give up on us, your stay was not typical of the high level of service and cleanliness we typically deliver. Don't take my word for it, just look at your fellow traveler's reviews. We will do better. We would welcome a second chance at the Doubletree by Hilton BWI.

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is clean, fresh and updated. We loved the lobby, the room furnishings and design. Bed and pillows were very comfortable. Bathroom was clean. However, a seemingly minor issue made it very difficult to sleep. There was an intermittent dripping noise in the room that made it difficult to sleep. It would start dripping quickly, then slow down, then stop, then start again. We couldn't find where it was coming from. It drove us crazy and made it very difficult to sleep. We tried turning on the AC but that window units here sound like a truck gearing up when turned on. It's way too loud. When I was checking out and told the lady at the desk about the issue she was nice enough, she didn't apologize or offer us anything to remediate the fact that we slept horribly the night before because of a hotel mechanical issue. Also they didn't have any cookies when we were checking in and were promised someone would deliver one but that didn't happen either. That's not a huge deal but it's all about the details....

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Michelle S

Dear Michelle S,

Thanks for the review. Your stay was not up to our standard. I am particularly dissapointed you didn't get a cookie! As you say, this may seem like not a big deal, but to us it is a HUGE deal. We are all about the cookie! I am sending you a private message, I hope to get your address in order to send you a complimentary tin of cookies. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

my name is Duane Jerry I visited the Doubletree by hilton bwi airport june 12-14 2014. I walked in to check in and the line was backed up I noticed one person checking people in and handling the phones. I said to myself this is going to be awhile but before I knew it I was at the counter being helped it so fast I hardly had time to get my ID and credit card out my wallet. I asked the gentleman what was his name and he replied MIKE ROWE and I apologize for the wait how can I be of service to you. I was in such a shock I said I just want to tell you I'm very impressed by the way you handled the line in a timely manor and the way you were ready for the next guest. I am a small business owner myself (JERRYS SERVICES UNLIMITED LLC) and I understand the importance of GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE in a company. I must say your employee MIKE ROWE is truly an asset to the doubletree by hilton bwi MD.

2  Thank DUANE J

Dear Duane J,

Thanks for the 5 Star Review! I appreciate you taking the time to recognize Mike Rowe, he is an outstanding hospitality professional. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

My daughter and I really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. it was very clean and the clerks were friendly and helpful. The location was very convenient to all the places we visit during our stay. I recommend this hotel. My daughter states that this is the nicest hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
2  Thank Deidre P

Dear Deidre P,

Thanks for the review! I am so glad you and your daughter had a great stay. We hope to see you again at Doubletree by Hilton BWI.