“Excellent Home After Home!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Excellent Home After Home!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

The staff was extremely courteous, and friendly. They made me feel at home, and I would strongly recommend this to any business visitor. All facilities were well maintained, and made my stay fantastic..!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

AdamNovotny, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear cpdeep,

Thanks for the review and recommendation to other business travelers. I am so glad we could provide you with (as you put it) a little "home away from home". That is high praise, indeed! Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Check in
Checked in late for a stay, sleep and fly promotion. Was surprised to not be greeted with a "thanks for being a Hilton Honors member". May seem silly, but I have come to expect it. Late check in = slow brain for me. My husband reminded me we were leaving the car and we asked if there was anything special we needed to do for the week. We were given the paperwork and asked to "step aside". There were two folks checking people in and one couple waiting behind us... we had waited, so I am not sure why they could not. After completing the paperwork, we were told it was $5 a night to park. Ummm, no. I informed him that we were on the stay, sleep, fly promo. WITHOUT looking, he said, "oh, okay." I got the distinct impression he would have proudly charged me the money if I had not said anything.

Information
After my not so great check in, my husband walked down to ask about the shuttle and times. He got great service.

The room
For the second time this year I am blown away by Doubletree room set ups. A single queen in a tiny corner room. Thank goodness we were only there one night. Room and bathroom were clean and nice but the size you would expect in Europe or NYC.

Shuttle to the airport worked as it should both ways. Next time we will skip the hotel and park at BWI.

Another mixed bag for Doubletree.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear J G,

Thanks for the review, thanks for choosing the park and fly option at Doubletree BWI and most importantly, thanks for being an HHonors member. We appreciate your loyalty!
Springfield, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

We stayed at the Doubletree and paid to leave our car while we travelled. We had an early morning flight and it seemed easier to leave the car than to park at the airport. When we returned, we called to get the shuttle. The woman at the desk told us it would take 15-20 minutes for the shuttle to arrive. It never came. We were dressed from our warm vacation spot and it was a very cold wait. We called after 25 minutes, and asked for the location of the shuttle at that point in time. We were not given an answer--only told to wait 10 more minutes. No apologies and it appeared that if we called in 10 more minutes, we would receive a similar answer. We took a taxi back to the Doubletree to pick up our car. Do not use this hotel for park and ride.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Busymominva C
Dear Busymominva C,

Thanks for the review. Your experience with our shuttle upon your return to BWI was not up to our usual standard. I am so sorry we kept you waiting. The park and fly option is very popular as we offer a convenient location to BWI with 24 hour shuttle service. Please don't give up on us! As you can see from so many fellow traveler's reviews, we strive to deliver excellent service to each and every guest. You didn't get our best. Thanks for helping us improve, and thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Usually my adventures with planes, trains and automobiles gets me in and around with hotels and meetings in between. Not this time....I checked in for two nights and didn't leave. Great service, good food and nice staff. Great open workspaces and the attentive lobby staff always asked what we needed if anything. Will need you guys soon again!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear FDtravelguy,

Thanks for the review! When you need us again, we will be ready. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI!
Haverford, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Overall very satisfactory. Bathroom was a tad retro but clean and frightfully adequate. Room was clean, comfortable and very well laid out. Dinner was a bit slow but breakfast more than made up for it. Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear David B,

Thanks for the review! I am so glad to read you would stay again. We love winning loyal guests, so we look forward to seeing you again at the Doubletree by Hilton BWI.
Newnan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

When I arrived in my room, the bed appeared that someone had been laying on it watching TV. The TV remote was on the bed. Papers from hotel were on the night stand but were not in order. Looked like someone had just thrown them on the stand. Called front desk and they moved me to another room. When I checked out the gentleman that checked me out said he would email me a copy of my receipt. Never received it. Had to call back and have them send it. I have stayed here before but was not really impressed with the property but it was only thing available on a short notice trip.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

AdamNovotny, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear James M,

Thanks for the review. Your room was not up to our usual standard, so thanks for sharing about your experience. Rest assured, we will use your comments to help us improve. We take your feedback seriously! I have shared your comments with my Executive Housekeeper-- we need to do better. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.
Baltimore, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

We ordered 3 meal through room service. My food arrived cold. there was only one set of napkins and flatware. I had to call three times to get the problems remedied. The following night we ate in the dining room. We we pushed to have their event special and had to request real menus twice. Our server was overwhelmed and we received less than adequate service. This was not his fault as he informed us the manager had him doing room service delivery as well. The hotel knew that they would be busy that weekend and they were clearly understaffed. The heating / Ac system in or room was faulty and the shower nerver fully engaged.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

AdamNovotny, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Karen F,

Thanks for the review. We always welcome all types of feedback, because we know that listening and responding to issues is the best way we can grow! Your experience was not typical of the high level of service we strive to deliver. I have shared your review with my Restaurant Manager. We need to do better! Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.