DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed here for the park, stay and fly package we booked through Buy Reservations.com. Overall a very average experience. Hotel had us coming in the night before and no reservation for the night we had booked. they put us in the wrong room (1 bed) and we had requested a room with 2 beds. the first room had stains on the carpet. they moved us to the room we requested but it took a phone call and a trip to the lobby to do this. The hotel shuttle driver hassled us for parking in the loading zone under the portico to unload the luggage while we checked in. There were no restaurants in walking distance so we had to eat in the hotel restaurant which was very average. This hotel does not meet the usual Hilton standards. We'd only stay here again if they offered the lowest rates.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
AdamNovotny, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear LM77,

Thanks for the review. Your stay was not up to snuff; we are better than that. On behalf of the team, I apologize for the issues you encountered. We would welcome a second chance! Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport

Reviewed June 13, 2013

this hotel was very clean, the staff was very accommodating, professional and courteous. we were very relaxed and did not have any apprehensions about security. they enabled us to have a perfect weekend getaway. we will definitely be staying there again whenever we're in that area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Derek M,

Thanks for the review. I am thrilled to read that you will be back. I speak for the whole team when I say how much we love winning a guest's loyalty. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I'm actually still here right now I just wanted to write a review. Everyone here is friendly and caring. The cookies were delicious and the room service was wonderful. I just wish we had a refrigerator! Ha! And get better basketballs for the court! ;)

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Aaron_Harvey,

Thanks for the review. As you know, we jumped all over this! Since you mentioned still being in the hotel, we immediately located your room and brought a fridge. Also, I hope the newer basketball worked out better. As we say here at the hotel, "consider it done"! Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

After having a terrifying experience in another hotel closer to a lacrosse tournament, my daughter and I walked into the Doubletree Hotel and was greeted with a smile by Desiree. She was more than accommodating to our needs. My stress and anxiety level were high but the warm cookies and a 40 minute nap helped the emotions disappear. I want to thank the hotel manager, Frei and her staff, Josh and Michael for sending up a plate of cheese and crackers for my daughter and I and a bottle of wine. The customer service and attention to detail at this hotel was superb. Thank you so much for making my experience at he Doubletree the highlight of my weekend.....
Cathy Goldstein

Room Tip: prepare to have the luxuries of home and sweet dreams to add!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear cathy g,

Thanks for the review! I appreciate you recognizing Frei, Josh, Desiree and Michael. All are great representatives of the hotel. I am sorry you had a bad experience at another hotel, but I am glad that if meant you came our way! Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Super friendly staff!!! I stay here regularly and it doesn't matter what time if day I arrive!!! I am greeted with the same, pleasant attitude. This is refreshing as I travel for a living and don't always get to experience this level of customer service!!! I recommend this hotel over the many other choices in the BWI area.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Swaguy,

Thanks for the review! As a frequent traveler, you kudos mean all the more to us. We are so glad to provide some respite from the rigors of travel. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

A month prior to our visit we made reservation at this Doubletree and was disappointed that they did not honor our request for type of room. I might also mention that the cookie(s) offered were not warm. We stayed in a Doubletree in Florida several years back and their attitude and accommodations were right on - the Baltimore one seems to be less customer friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear heidihope,

Thanks for the review. Ouch! This one hurts. We pride ourselves on providing friendly customer service, so for you to say that Florida is better is a real signal to us that we didn't deliver our customary hospitality. Sometimes we need a gentle reminder to bring our "A" game each and every day. We will do better (and make darn sure the cookie is warm)! Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed here overnight on our wedding night because it was close to BWI airport and we had an early morning flight to Jamaica. Oh my goodness, I wish we could have taken the bed home with us. This hotel is so cozy and comfortable. Very clean, as well. We were greeted pleasantly by the gentleman at the front desk and everything was so quick, checkout was simple too. The price was shockingly affordable once we saw how luxurious this hotel is. I really hope we have another chance to stay in this hotel. My only complaint is that they gave us only one cookie....I think we each should have had our own cookie, because they were really good!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
AdamNovotny, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear chccamaro,

Congrats on your wedding! I hope you had a wonderful honeymoon! Since you loved the bed so much you may want to check out this website: http://www.doubletreeathome.com/ where you can purchase all things Doubletree, from the bed, to linen, to terry, etc. Again, congratulations, and thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.