“Random area... but close to airport and a good option.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Hotel was very clean, it had a small sundries shop (serves pastries, etc) which I appreciate it... because I'm not always in the mood to spend the $20 and 30 minutes on the hotel breakfast!

Anyhow, at first blush the hotel seems like it's in a sketchy area (raining at night it seems that way), but the area is fine.

I recommend it. Good value, when I stayed there... but it's definitely only a good business airport hotel. nothing around it.... but if you're getting in late at night it's a good option.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
AdamNovotny, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Yahmoncool,

Thanks for the review. You are right, our Props sundry shop is a great option for a quick bite to eat: coffee, danish and muffins in the morning and fruit, sandwiches, chips and soda through out the day. And yes, we are in a safe business district just 2 miles from the airport. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Its was great experience we would like to share.Me & my wife had long hour drive & very tried. As our arrived at the hotel we were welcome with very warm,smile welcome by from Simi at the front desk.Her service was excellent even she was by herself 4 more guest checking behind us.She handed out each guest he warm famous 'Chocolate Chip Cookie' of doubletree.We even told only one-she ran back with atleast 5 more & said C.I.D (Consider-it-done).The hotel is very clean with great food per reccomedation of Simi.This is our 2nd time staying with this hotel.We were their when baltimore had black-out was,so many upset guest in lobby.But with Simi calm,professional & work with diligently to accomodate to each guest with attention that make truely great star to the hotel.I will definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Ben 194800,

Thanks for the review. Simi is a true hospitality professional! I am glad she is part of our team. As you mention, our servicve motto is C.I.D. (Consider it Done). We live and breathe it here at the hotel, so thanks for the plug. I am so glad you came back as a repeat guest. The summer black out was a challenging time for not only the hotel but the entire area. Thank you for your loyalty and thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We had our Annual Ehrlich Distribution Sales Meeting at your location on February 21 and 22. I wanted to let you know how pleased we were with the attention and service that we received from the time we arrived until we departed. From Desiree at the Front Desk, as well as Richard, Gerda and Kelsey in Food Services; all made our time at your establishment all the more enjoyable and fun.

Once again, I would like to commend you and your staff on an excellent job!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
AdamNovotny, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear Brian D,

Thanks for the review! We were glad to host your event. We have the best team and day after day I continue to be amazed at how hard they work to take care of our guests. Thanks for mentioning a few of the standouts. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is a very clean hotel with great Food. We were there for a three day conference. It was really great! And their cookies are the best! We were hanging out in the lobby till 2 Am and this front desk guy (Pierre Boutin) was extremely helpful. He made us laugh and his service was really nice.

Dear Zal Y,

Thanks for the review. I am so glad you had a great time at our hotel. Pierre does it all: comedian, front desk agent, telephone operator, concierge, late night ear to listen, cookie peddler! Thanks for mentioning him and thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

My experience with the staff began immediately upon my arrival. We were a large group and their was sufficient staff on deck to welcome us to the hotel and provide us with any information and assistance to expedite our check in. The managerial staff especially Madam Maashio worked diligently to provide accommodations to each of the travelers in our group. When some of our group became belligerent, I was so impressed by the Hotel staff's calm, professional responses that facilitated resolutions to the situations at hand. I will definitely recommend this specific hotel to friends and when I return to the area I will definitely stay there

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the elevators
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear EarleneH75203,

Thanks for the review! And thanks for making sure this review got posted, I know it meant a lot to Frei. We were so proud to host your group in January. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

My girlfriends and I flew into the area to attend the Presidential Inauguration. Because we were all coming in at different times (from various states) we decided we should stay the 1st night in Baltimore before we headed into DC. I booked a one night hotel stay through Priceline and got an excellent rate through the name your price option. I called the hotel and spoke with a manager and asked if one of the people in my party could check in even though the room was already reserved and paid in my name. The manager was more than accommodating (Thank you!) because our flights were 2 hours apart.

They have a shuttle that will pick you up from the airport and its about a 5 min drive. There is nothing around the hotel so you may want to rent a car if you need to go downtown Baltimore. It was a $35 cab ride to go from the Doubletree to downtown Baltimore. There is a McDonalds closer to the freeway, high would be out a 10 min walk. At night the area is dark so I wouldn't recommend walking anywhere.

The hotel was very nice. There was some visible wear and tear in the hallway to the room but nothing too distracting. The rooms are located in (2) separate towers so make sure you're directed to the right tower; the towers do not connect. The room was very nicely decorated, was a bit on the small side but it did not bother me and my girlfriends. The beds were comfortable and the hot shower was amazing. I love a hot shower with great water pressure, especially after a long flight from the West coast.

Due to the time of night and no restaurants in close proximity, we decided to go down to the bar. We ordered food from there and sat and talked to the wonderful female bartender (I think she was Russian, or Persian) and she was excellent and engaging. The burger, fries, and the Reuben sandwich my friend and I had was great.

The only complaint that I have is, the next morning we had placed the do not disturb sign on the outside of the door. At approximately 9am, we hear this loud knocking on the door. My friend looked out the peep hole and the guy on the other side asked if we were checking out. I found that very odd, so I asked what time was checkout; he didn't know. This really concerned me because...

(1) If we have a do not disturb sign outside on the door handle, it means exactly that, especially when it's (3) hours until check out.
(2) We are (3) women staying in a hotel room and a random guy asked if we were checking out.
(3) Very very very rare to see a housekeeper as a male so it was suspicious from the beginning.
(4) All the housekeepers I've come in contact with knows the checkout time.

We didn't open the door and I called the front desk and told them of our concern. We were advised that they would contact housekeeping and security and would call us back with an update. Approximately 45 mins went by and no call back! UGH. We left the room and saw the manager of housekeeping conducting room inspections. I explained to her what occurred and she informed me that it was a new male employee and she would talk to him about ensuring that he checks to see if there is a do not disturb sign, that he is aware of the hotel's check out policy, and that his identification is visible. She was very receptive to our concern and did not minimize it. I wish I would have gotten her name.

If your concerned with where you lay your head down at.....look no further. This is a perfect place that will fit your needs. If Im ever in the area again, I definitely will be staying here!

Room Tip: Rent a car because the taxi is expensive. What u pay for one day of rental you could have had almost...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was the coordinator for a small conference hosting over 100 college students and advisors from around the Mid-Atlantic region. This property was ideal and provided wonderful amenities. The guest rooms were spacious and comfortable. The staff was EXCELLENT is making sure our questions were answered and that we had everything we needed. I will definitely return to this property for business and leisure. Ask for the following staff in the sales department, Alyosious and Chereen...they will take care of you! The front desk staff is also wonderful! Thanks to Frei, Michael, Dani, and Victor for their excellent customer service!

Dear Erin F,

Thanks for the review! We are so glad you had a successful event. We offer a full array of conference services--Aloysious and Chereen are always at the ready. Thanks for mentioning so many on our team, it means the world to us to get receive this kind of feedback. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI!