“Great stay, great price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Los Angeles, California
“Great stay, great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised. For less than $100 per night, I received great service and a great environment. Very clean, neat and comfortable. The decor is sophisticated and modern. I stayed across from an elevator but it made no difference because it was very quiet and there were no disturbances. I had an issue with the drain in the bathroom which was promptly, and I mean PROMPTLY, taken care of by professional and friendly staff members. I recommend Doubletree BWI and look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
AdamNovotny, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear chara r,

Thanks for the review! I am so glad we could surprise you with our fantastic hotel. We strive hard to deliver good value with a mix of friendly staff, clean rooms, tasty food and beverage and prompt response to issues. It is great to read we won a loyal guest. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Holland, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Arrived late in evening for meetings in DC. Stayed at doubletree then traveled to DC the next day with arriving teammates. Doubletree was comfortable and less than five minutes from airport. Decent value for the area. Clean rooms with surprisingly little airport noise.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank hjb4971
Dear hjb4971,

Thanks for the review. You highlighted some of our positive attributes: clean rooms, good value, comfortable decor and yes, since we are not on the runway side, quiet, too! Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

my friend and I had dinner at the restaurant, we had a bad experience with the waitress(Deb).
ran into mike and he fixed it all he was so very apologetic and turned this bad situation into a real positive ,simi at the front desk is always so cheerful and accommodating. mike rowe and simi are a great asset to this property

jonathan

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear swseven37,

Thanks for the review. While I am dissapointed to hear about your dining experience, I am pleased to know that Mike's efforts saved the day. Both he and Simi are fine representatives of the hotel. Thank you for recognizing them and thank for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
South Florida, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed here during inauguration. Very high traffic time for the area. Had another hotel booked, but later on found this about $200 cheaper for entire stay. Nicely-outfitted room, may seem small depending on size of your party. Fridge/Microwave are not included in all price points. Fast elevators, drink machines use credit cards only. Good shuttle service from/to airport, every 30 mins, but they won't take you anywhere even SLIGHTLY past 2 miles. Friendly staff. Room service hours were sort of early for me, so leave your DND on if you sleep past 9. Don't recommend the room service at all. It's fast and friendly, but not appetizing.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear TrippyDee,

Thanks for the review! I am glad you could be with us during the historic inauguration and I am even happier we could provide you good value. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My cousin & i stayed there for the 2013 inauguration... I can honestly say that i recieved excellent service starting with the many phone calls I made there months ago with questions regarding transportation, changing my reservation, questions about the weather etc.... Yes, I called a lot, & it seems as though each time I called, I spoke with the same person "Jobi Joseph"... He was great!!!... He always answered my questions, assisted me with my concerns, and helped with the changing of my reservation.. So, once we were picked up by the hotel shuttle, the driver was very kind & (cute), he helped with our bags & was very polite... Once we arrived to the hotel, we were greeted by a very friendly front desk staff.. The check-in process went very smooth, as Jobi had already had a room blocked for us... I then asked the lady if Jobi was still there because I wanted to meet the kind gentleman in which who had been helping me over the phone... Indeed he was,so he came to the front desk, delivered our room key personally himself & assisted with my luggage to our room!!!!... Great service!!!.. This was my cousin & i first time in Baltimore & we really felt safe & welcome.... Once we got settled in our room, we wanted to step out & get a bite to eat.. We were informed of some nearby restaurants, so instead of us having to wait for the shuttle to return to bring us to the restaurant, Jobi took it among himself to use the other shuttle to drop us off quickly... At this point I was just amazed with the wonderful service in which we were getting... They even came to pick us up.. This wonderful service lasted the entire duration of our visit.... Everyone was just extremely nice & I greatly appreciate good customer service!!!... I will be coming back & theres no doubt as to where we are staying.... Our visit was great!!!!

Room Tip: Very nice hotel,wonderful clean rooms, great location & friendly staff
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
AdamNovotny, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Tiffany W,

Thanks for the review. Jobi is a credit to our hotel and we are glad to have him as part of the team. I am so glad you could be with us during this historic inauguration. Plus, I am even more glad to read you will be back. It is always great to learn when we have won a loyal guest. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI!
Dearborn, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

On Sunday, January 20th, the Eddington Travel Services arrived at Doubletree Hotel with at least 120 tired travelers to check into the hotel. We left Michigan at 9:00 PM on Saturday evening and arrived at the hotel at approximately 6PM the next day after stopping for breakfast, a church visit and a tour of the wax museum. Six of the rooms reserved for double occupancy was king size singular rooms. This did not go over well at all for the 12 persons who were to share the rooms and the person who planned the trip.
Doubletree Hotel manager, Frei Maashio and her staff, apologized for the mishap and begun immediately to correct the situation. The end results exceeded our expectations. The visit to the hotel turned out to be the best hotel visit we have had. The staff was friendly, professional and accommodating. The staff went out of their way to ensure we had a pleasant visit. Yes, we initially encountered some accommodating issues but everything was resolved.

To me that is a mark of a good hotel - to correct

Room Tip: The staff is very accommodating!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Thomas W
Dear Thomas W,

Thanks for the review. It was our absolute pleasure hosting your tour group. Also, thank you for taking the time to share about your experience. We know there was some hiccups in the beginning, but we worked hard to overcome them, and I am so glad to read that we restored your faith in us. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI!
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Doubletree at Baltimore-BWI Airport during the 2013 Inaugural festivities. We stayed for 5 nights and though we were out most of the day, upon our return, the staff was always very hospitable, courteous, kind and smiling. In spite of the traffic flow for the occassion, they were always willing to accomodate our needs and special requests. I'd like to thank Pierre in particular for his friendliness and customer service. I'd also like to thank the young lady at the bar who managed to recover a very precious item (my fur scarf) which I left on the chair at the bar. The manager Ms. Dee fo being so kind and understanding... the housekeepers that made sure everything was tidy and hygenic daily. We had a little bit of a problem with the resturant; however, Ms. Dee took care of that immediately. I'd recommend this hotel for anyone travelling for business, pleasure, weekend getaway, family trip... Thanks Again Doubletree at Baltimore- BWI Airport for a Great experience.

Room Tip: Last room at the end of the hall away from the elevator was really comfortable for us and very quiet...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CYR66
Dear CYR66,

Thanks for the review! We are so glad you could be with us during this historic time. Thanks for recognizing both Dee Dee and Pierre. They are excellent representatives of Doubletree by Hilton. Don't wait 4 years to come back, we would love to see you again! Yours in service.