“Frei and Pierre are the best”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I can honestly say that my stay at this hotel was the best ever and I travel a lot. The crew here are amazing. Everyone was so friendly and helpful and even though the hotel was very busy they took very good care of us.

1  Thank THunt22
AdamNovotny, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

THunt22,

Thanks for the review! Frei and Pierre are excellent representatives of the Doubletree by Hilton BWI. Thank you for taking the time to recognize them. I am so proud that our team gave such service as to make your stay "the best ever". That is high praise! We hope to see you again.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport

Reviewed March 26, 2012

We love to stay here the night before we fly out of BWI. We enjoy their bar, room service or the restaurant, and the terrific service of the shuttle to and from the airport at all hours! We arrive to our destination all rested and get to start our vacation a day early!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear HurlockGirl,

Thank you for the review. You have discovered our secret! Stay at our hotel (Doubletree by Hilton at BWI), pay to park, take our hotel shuttle, and don't worry about being late for your flight. I wish you many more relaxing vacations!

Reviewed March 25, 2012

On March 6th 2012 I woke up to everyone's worst nightmare. My house was on fire. I quickly got my children and pets out but that was all I could do before the house went up in flames and we lost everything. Unless you have been through something like this you have no idea. The Red Cross came and tried to find a hotel close to me. Everything was filled. Then they called DoubleTree and within minutes we had a room. My 3 children ages 19, 13 and 8 were as devastated as me. We went there grief stricken and in shock with the clothes on our backs feeling so alone. But not for long. Two very amazing, special people Dee Dee, the manager on duty and Heather, the restaurant manager, welcomed us with open arms. They hugged me and let me cry and even cried with me. They gave us food and shelter and most of all compassion, understanding and love. Something we really needed. The room was so nice and clean. They made sure we had a refrigerator and a microwave. I was so upset the first night that I couldn't eat. Heather made sure I had some soup and made sure my kids ate too. Dee Dee even made sure my dog, who was with us, had something to eat. Both Dee Dee and Heather went out of their way to help us over and over again. Always checking on us and giving me a shoulder when I needed it. Everyday I was told several times " If you need anything just give me a call.' The entire staff was amazing. People were so friendly and went out of their way to speak to us or ask how we were doing. I had lost my pocketbook in the fire and Dee Dee brought me one of hers. Heather and many of the staff gave us cards with money and beautiful notes that warmed our hearts. Frae, the AGM was wonderful with my boys. She would go out of her way to talk to them and give them hugs and delicious warm cookies. She always offered me a hug too. Lou the bartender always made me laugh. Something I thought I would never do again. These people are amazing. I went through a trauma that I would never wish on anybody. I felt like I was in a dark tunnel. But the people here gave me the first signs of light at the end of that tunnel. With every smile, hug, well wishes and friendly greeting, they went out of their way to make me feel at home after I lost mine. And although I may have lost my house and all my possessions, I gained an abundance of friends. Some who I consider family. They went above and beyond what I would have expected. They treated me and my children like they knew us forever. I had never stayed here before but I would recommend this place in a heartbeat. The hotel is beautiful. Spotless, and so warm and inviting. I walked in there a broken woman and walked out with a smile and a new outlook on life. Thank you Heather and Dee Dee and the entire staff at DoubleTree BWI. I will never forget your hospitality. Thank you for helping me start to heal.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank TraciN_12
AdamNovotny, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

Dear Traci N,

Thank you for taking the time to give a review. Our hearts go out to you and your family during this difficult time. It is particularly nice of you to take the time and leave your comments given how much else you have going on at the moment! We can't even imagine what you are going through. Dee Dee and Heather are special ladies, I am glad they are part of our team at the Doubletree by Hilton at BWI. It is wonderful that they were able to make a difference for you and your family. Thank you and God Bless!

Reviewed March 24, 2012

This is definitely one of the better Doubletree's I've stayed at, and a very nice hotel overall. My regular sized king-bed room was larger than most hotel rooms, with a good work area and comfortable bed. Everything was clean and new looking. Bathroom was nice, but short on counter space. Breakfast was better than average, and the fitness room was well equipped. A better Hilton choice for BWI than the Hilton (drab interiors, bad Hilton Honors breakfast) or the Hampton Inn.

Dear TravellerPGH,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We, too, believe we are the best Hilton family brand option at BWI. You certainly sum up our strengths: clean and spacious rooms and good food! Not to mention the friendliest staff at BWI. Thanks for the plug!

Reviewed March 23, 2012

The moment I entered, the front desk rep, Pierre B. greeted me not only with professionalism but kindness. After such a long drive it was very refreshing to enter a welcoming environment, kind staff and warm cookies. I also met the GM. She's pretty awesome! Very friendly and interested in guests well-being. She made sure I had everything I needed for my stay & the expo that I was attending. Pierre informed me of the business center which I was not aware of at first, which was great for me to utilize. He even search for a paper cutter for me. When we got to the room, it was cool which is perfect after a hot 7 hour drive, the air smelled clean and everything looked crisp. Customer service is most important to me and it was phenomenal. My room was perfect and I've been to hotels that were beautiful on the outside but crap on the inside but not this one. It was very clean. Overall, my trip was very successful and my stay was great. I have no complaints. PIERRE WAS VERY HOSPITABLE! THE GM WAS THE BOMB-DIGGITY!!! Now all I have left to say is: DOUBLETREE BY HILTON-BWI ROCKS!!!!!!!! Now, I'm interested in checking out my local Doubletree when I go back home. :-)

1  Thank Keiyana S

Keiyana S,

Thank you for the review. I agree with you, Pierre and Frei are excellent! Frei is our Assistant General Manager, and she is the most passionate person I know when it comes to customer service. I am so glad we could help make your stay successful. By all means, check out your local Doubletree by Hilton and be sure to get a cookie!

Reviewed March 18, 2012

I am a traveling regional rep in the Mid-Atlantic area. I come to the area often and was so happy to find this hotel. The staff is helpful and attentive and the hotel is absolutely perfect. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. Also, I always look for a good gym when traveling and this one has a very nice one, even stocked with water and apples!

The hotel is located 15 min. from downtown Baltimore/Inner Harbor area, but also close to all major highways to get me to all my locations in MD.

I have stayed elsewhere in the area but haven't been able to find anything of this quality at a reasonable rate. I wouldn't bother looking anywhere else, the staff here is committed to making you feel happy and comfortable. This is a great home away from home!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
AdamNovotny, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Dear JTeng16,

Thanks for the review! Calling us "perfect" is quite a compliment! We are on a mission to be the best hotel in the BWI airport market. Your review and other like yours are helping us close in on the #1 ranking on Tripadvisor. So, thanks again. We look forward to being of service for all of your return trips to Baltimore.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

The leadership as personified by the AGM of the hotel is very dedicated,committed to meeting the needs of her guests. She is very accomating and supportive of her staff.
The hotel is neat with all the amenities working. The ambience created is warm and makes you feel very comfortable.
Was on a bussiness trip when I visited and hope to return during the Easter with my family.

Room Tip: Both blocks are good but prefers block B. any rooms from the5 th floor up is good
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jiday

Dear Jiday,

Thanks for the review. Our Assitant General Manager, Frei, truly is a fantastic representative of the Doubletree by Hilton at BWI. I am proud that she is part of our team. We look forward to seeing you and your family at Easter! Safe travels.