New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Oakland, California
“Best Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I got sick while on the road recently, then checked into the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel at BWI Airport. The staff was excellent and provided service beyond what is typical in today's travel industry.

This hotel is close to the airport and convenient for those flying out of BWI airport.

My room was nice and quiet and afforded me time and the environment to get better.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
pkomar, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Thanks for your kind words, and we do hope you're feeling better. I hope to meet you on a return trip to the BWI area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

I was here on business for 2 nights and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I took the Amtrak to BWI, called the hotel and the free shuttle was dispatched to the station. They accommodated my early check-in at noon and the staff greeted me upon arrival by my name as I walked in… I’d only been here once before for a meeting; I didn’t even stay at the hotel at the time!

The staff all over the hotel was extremely friendly and I didn’t pass by one associate who didn’t greet me with a warm salutation where ever I was at. I would stay here again. This place is more than just a delicious warm cookie!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank yyasianguy
pkomar, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Thanks so much for your review, we all appreciate your kind words. We hope to continue to be your hotel of choice when you return to BWI. Take care, and safe travels.
Southern Calif
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

Stayed here only one night, flying from the west coast to Baltimore. But the warm chocolate chip cookies were there when we arrived and when we left. The beds were comfortable. The front desk handled an early morning wake up call and cab request, getting us on our way promptly the next morning.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
pkomar, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Thanks so much for the great review. We'll keep the cookies warm!!
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

I had a pretty good stay in August of 2011 for a business trip to Baltimore. I noticed that the pool was open but because Hurricane Isabel was on its way at the time, no one was in the water. The front desk attendants were very helpful. The rooms were nice and quiet. I believe that the hotel had free parking but don't quote me on that. All in all I would say that I had a very good experience at this property. I highly recommend the cookies that they give each guest at check-in.

Room Tip: Great for travelers wanting a short trip to airport.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
pkomar, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Thanks for a great review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feelings about our hotel. By the way, parking is free to overnight hotel guests. Come back again, we'll keep the cookies warm.
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

My stay at the hotel was from 10/14-10/16/11. I searched varied website search engines and fell in love with the decor of the rooms. Since this was a surprise birthday getaway for my honey I wanted this trip to be extra special. This hotel and staff definitely made it memorable. I called the hotel directly quite a few times to get some additional information before I booked online. Each and every time I called the hotel the staff was informative and pleasant. Upon arrival I was greeted by Jeremy, lucky me. He was professional, personable, helpful, smiled throughout the entire exchange and even provided some great eateries in the area. On Sat. and Sun. we ate at the buffet, our greeter Anna was just as pleasant. We also had room service on the first night, food came quick and was delicious.

Nothing but great things to say about our stay, hotel and staff. Truly a great experience.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Wow, thanks for your kind words. We appreciate them very much. Jeremy and Anna do truly exemplify our committment to guest service. We hope you choose us again, and we'll look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Bossier City, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

My first hint that this might not have been a good choice was my countless attempts to get ahold of the front desk. I arrived in the evening and called to arrange for a shuttle to the airport, yet took me over 10 minutes of repeat dialing to finally get someone to answer the phone, another 30 minutes for the shuttle to arrive.

The room was accomodating. A couple times, lil things such as replacing glasses, replenishing soaps/shampoo, etc...went unfulfilled. You would think for $115 a night, I could get another bottle of shampoo or shower gel...I'm just sayin'.

The OnCommand system (TV) was a lil sluggish as was the remote control. The onsite laundry facillities consisted of 1 washer and 1 dryer. $1.75 per load.

The restaurant (Eden's Landing) was WAY overpriced. The prices charged for these menu choices was Completely ridicolous. A simple burger is $12. The breakfast buffet wasn't that bad...if you get there first thing in the morning. The longer that stuff sits there...yuck!
I was provided coupons for free buffets. If you didn't have that coupon it was an overpriced $15 for simple choice of bacon/sausage, scrambled eggs or eggs cooked to order, breakfast potatoes, and sometimes waffles, sometimes pancakes, it varied. Ya know if it weren"t for the inflated pricing, this wouldn't have been a bad stay. But in today's economy and considering how tough times are for everyone...money is near and dear to my heart...I don't mind paying for things, but c'mon $18 (excluding tips) for a burger/fries and soda? Really?

The "coffee" shop or Sundry store was...yep, you guessed it...overpriced. A candy bar and 16 oz. soda...$3.50
You don't have to believe any of this that I've written, but I promise you, it's akin to airport prices.

The restaurant staff was really the one truly bright spot at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank snsniff
I"m so sorry you received such spotty service in housekeeping. I will look into the matter to make sure no other guest will have to have any such turn of events. We are currently in process of changing to a new HD TV system, which we expect to have fully implemented by year end. We are rolling out new fall menus in our restaurant, lounge and room service, and adding more vending machines on guest floors to give our guests more choices. Thanks for all your comments, they will certainly help us to improve.
Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

I’m a big fan of Doubletree hotels so it really pains me to leave this review. I had room #705 for $99 per night which I booked directly through the web site. I was told on checkin it was an upgrade ????? It was just a basic room with a small bath but comfortable and clean. The first thing I noticed was the carpet by the desk was soaking wet. It was so wet that when I put a towel down on the floor because I couldn’t avoid walking over it, whatever it was soaked through the towel….yuck. The guest next door had two dogs that barked constantly, I never called down because I didn’t have time nor did I feel like moving.

I’m usually not a complainer….I actually expect you to get it right the first time. The first morning housekeeping knocked on the door really early and said she would come back in 30 minutes……she never did so I had no clean towels for the rest of my stay even though I saw her in the hallway on my way out and asked her to please leave some when she got around to going back to my room.

The entire stay I had to keep going back into the bathroom to shake the toilet handle to stop it from running and on my last day it actually over flowed all over the floor and I had to call for maintenance to come to the room. I also order rooms service on my last day, the croissant, breakfast sandwich was good but my pancakes were horrible….I’ve had frozen pancakes far better than these, seriously they were uneatable rubber, so that was a wasted $7.00. As I was getting dressed another maintenance worker just opened the door literally after 1 second of knocking, he just stared at me and closed the door, no apology ….nothing. WOW! Note to self: always use the door latch in case of improperly trained rude staff bursting into room!!!!

I called down to the front desk and asked for a late check out, at first they were going to only give me an hour until I explained I’d had very little sleep due to the dogs barking next door so I didn’t want to go shopping as I had planned and my annoyance with the toilet overflowing. Finally we agreed on a 3pm check out which I was grateful for and I felt like they owned me that much. Of course housekeeping came banging on the door anyway but then she said she knocked on the door by accident and she forgot I had a late checkout……whatever.
Would you believe the same housekeeper came back again banging in the door at 2:00????? I just couldn’t believe it.

When I went down to check out there was no one at the desk for over 10 minutes , I was just standing there until some guy yelled over the desk for this woman to come help me. She never asked me about my stay so I volunteered and told her about all the mishaps and she simply said “sorry” and walked away. Excellent service!

I ate in the hotel restaurant my first night. I had the crab cakes, it was very good and my server was very sweet. The one thing I did like about this hotel was the lobby and common areas....there are lots of places to sit and have a private business or personal conversation with several flat screen tv's. The Doubletree beds are also consistantly comfortable.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
Your comments are being taken to heart by our entire staff. It's obvious we have a way to go to improve in some areas. I assure you, I will discuss all the events both good and bad with our management team and staff. We simply cannot let our guests experience such disappointment. We will work hard to earn back your trust.