“Great stay. Front desk person didn't seem to know a lot...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wingate by Wyndham BWI Airport

Wingate by Wyndham BWI Airport
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Texas City, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

When I checked in, the front desk agent was not the least bit hospitable, and couldn't be more uninterested in addressing my concerns with the rate she gave me versus the rate I had made my reservation at. I had booked the stay for a few nights and was told to bring it up with the manager who would be there in the morning.

I spent the night and went to find the manager the next morning. She was even more rude than the girl the night before. I politely explained my situation, showing her what I had expected and what I had been quoted, and she flat out said "you're wrong" before informing me that she was about to leave and if I really wanted to talk about it, she would deal with me in an hour. I said I would prefer to resolve the issue now, or cancel the rest of my stay and find another hotel to do business with. She informed me that I was staying under a discounted extended stay rate, so if I were to cancel, she would be charging me even MORE for the one night, which was already twice the amount I had budgeted for.

I have worked in the hospitality industry and stay at hotels very often. Never in my life have I dealt with a situation in which a customer or guest is upcharged when dissatisfied with the service or product. In the end, I checked out and was not charged any extra.

I made reservations at a Marriot property a few blocks away and am much, much happier here. I will never go near the Wingate again. If you want an average facility with rude management who will not address your concerns in a compassionate way, this is place to go.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
      Cleanliness
1 Thank AlwaysSunnyInTexas
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

This hotel is by far the worst hotel I have ever been to. The outside and the lobby were the only clean parts of this hotel. Floors leading to the elevator filthy liked they hadn't been mopped since Friday. Elevator door opens, elevator is filthy, hasn't been mopped or the rug in the elevator looked as if it had not been vaccummed since last December. Hallways leading to room were filthy saw the maid had the vaccum cleaner in the hallway assumed she was about to vaccum... I was sadly mistaken. Floors stayed dirty during our entire stay. Opened the room door to be greeted by a horrible smell of smoke at this supposedly 100% non smoking. Room was horrible!!! The walls had spackle on them and the room floor had dust balls everywhere. Bathroom had blonde hair on the floor... My hair is black. The desk and chair were filthy with food and debris from another patron. Assume all they do here is change the sheets and clean the toilet since those were the only clean things in the room. Turned the heat on to be greeted by another horrible smokey smell with further inspection noticed cigarette butts and other debris in the heating unit!!! The only good review for this hotel is the woman working the front desk she was very courtesy. WILL NEVER COME TO AGAIN TO THIS HELLHOLE!!!

• Stayed December 2013
Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
#2 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport
Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airpor...
#3 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Best Western Plus BWI Airport North
Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport
Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport
#6 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport
Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington I...
#24 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Balti...
#13 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,284 reviews

Been to Wingate by Wyndham BWI Airport? Share your experiences!