“Good location, Good Hotel”

Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum
Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Clifton Park, New York
“Good location, Good Hotel”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I stay in the Candlewood Suites in NYC almost every week so I know my Candlewoods! This is in a great location near the airport, office buildings, highways. But you have yo have a car. There is a 7-11, Bob Evans and Cracker Barrel up the road but not really close. But my room was spacious and immaculate. The kitchen is a God-send. There's a fitness room and a little snack store in the hotel. The front desk personnel were helpful and friendly. And the best part? I'm paying $65 a night. What!? Unheard of in NYC!

Room Tip: I like to be on the top floor but it's personal preference. You might want to stay away from roo...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Kathy0619

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Waldorf, Maryland, United States
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I stayed one night because we had an early flight the next morning. We were quite disappointed . Our non smoking room smelled strongly of smoke. Our shuttle time to the airport was written down wrong. The lady upfront was very rude. The price for parking our car for the week was very reasonable . On our return flight... When we calked for the shuttle to pick us up from the airport the front desk lady was once again very rude. We will not be staying her again when flying out of BWI airport.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Traci B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Traci B,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This hotel was everything I expected. It had a FULL kitchen and LARGE bathroom! All the utensils, bowls, cups, plates and pots/pans included. They gave complimentary dish soap and all! The laundry facilities was also complimentary. They also have a free 24 hour shuttle that took us to and from the Light rail station on new years. It was so convenient for us since we didn't want to drive downtown in all the madness. The only issue is the overnight attendant woman, (older, glasses and red hair) had a very nasty attitude when our card would not work at 2:30 am. She kept saying I wasnt doing it right, roller her eyes and sighing as if I was being troublesome. Its not our fault it didnt work but you are the night attendant and customer service is supposed to be implemented no matter what time of day it is.

Room Tip: Third floor
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I spent 5 days here and had no problems. Check in and out was quick and easy. The room was clean and ready to go. Plenty of parking, you do have to look around on some nights. There is no breakfast, which if fine I don't eat it. No daily maid service which is no a problem. Not many places to eat in the area. I would have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Tyrone
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Very clean, quiet room. Used the complimentary guest laundry for first time and was very pleased to see I didn't have to run out and buy detergent as everything I needed was available to me on-site. Very professional and sincere people running this Candlewood. I had a late night experience with a woman at the front desk- she was fantastic- and after observing her handle a request of a non- guest visitor, I knew I was in a safe enviroment. Thank you for helping me retrieve my work order layout and for keeping all the guests safe! We will be returning to the area for sure and will definitely book with you again.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms, can't go wrong here.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Sydney L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Fanofchamp,

Thank you for your very kind words about our hotel and team here. We hope to have you as our guest several more times!
Salisbury, Maryland
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Ewa, Sydney, Harold and all the staff I've encountered have always been nice and friendly every time I've stayed at this Candlewood location, which is great because when you are tired from traveling a friendly greeting is always a welcoming gesture . The location is convenient, and though parking can be busy sometimes there's a slew of extra parking you can use literally just on the other side of the hotel. The hotel is Pet Friendly which is REALLY REALLY GREAT. Some hotels will say they are pet friendly then charge you $200 for a pet fee. I would say that those hotel should say they are open to pets, but not claim they are "pet friendly".

I enjoy that the room has a kitchenette with a full fridge. I have always found the rooms to be clean, the AC always works well, and I have never smelled smoke in the rooms I have stayed in, this is very important to me as I am very sensitive to the smell of cigarettes, and being hot makes me cranky. I have not had the occasion to use the laundry facilities or the gym, but it looks clean and fine. The cupboard downstairs always has free coffee and most things you might want/need in a jiffy- milk, soda, snacks, etc. They also offer a shuttle which I have not used, but is a bonus for those who might need it.

As an IHG Platinum, they always have a bottled water and a little snack when you check-in, it's not much but it's a thoughtful token all the same. I've never asked, but I have never been offered a room upgrade though I think most rooms are pretty much the same. I guess they could move you from a studio to a 1 bedroom, if it's available the extra elbow room would be nice.

Be aware that Candlewood does not offer breakfast. Also housekeeping does not service your room everyday, which is fine by me as for the most part I specifically ask not to be disturbed and for housekeeping to skip my room. But this is just me, I clean up after myself and do not need new sheets or new towels everyday. (Really, unless you're a total slob, who does?) The minor quibbles I might have would be some parts could use a bit of spiffing up. Paint touch ups or tile re-caulking here and there and maybe if the leather chair has a huge rip in it it's time to replace it. I also wish they offered King Beds on some of the rooms. But compared to everything else, the hotel offers a very good value for your dollar.

All in all, it's a great place and I would recommend it if you appreciate the nice staff, being a bit more independent and don't need other fripperies.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank cakewalk007
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Candlewood Suites hotels are like Extended Stay Americas, but much better. If you want to stay somewhere with a kitchenette, then I recommend this place 100%. The rooms are always clean and they're set up nicely. I love the wrap around desk/table, flat screen tv, dvd player, and comfortable bed. The people who work at this location are very helpful and friendly. They have movies you can check out at the front desk, they run shuttles to and from the airport, and they're very informed about the area(things to do, what's around to eat, etc). There isn't a complementary breakfast but you have a kitchen in your room so that's understandable. Overall, I really enjoy staying here. I spent a week here last month and I just checked in here today for another stay.

• Stayed October 2013