“Always a great stay!!”

Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Tyrone
“Always a great stay!!”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Very clean, quiet room. Used the complimentary guest laundry for first time and was very pleased to see I didn't have to run out and buy detergent as everything I needed was available to me on-site. Very professional and sincere people running this Candlewood. I had a late night experience with a woman at the front desk- she was fantastic- and after observing her handle a request of a non- guest visitor, I knew I was in a safe enviroment. Thank you for helping me retrieve my work order layout and for keeping all the guests safe! We will be returning to the area for sure and will definitely book with you again.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms, can't go wrong here.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Sydney L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Fanofchamp,

Thank you for your very kind words about our hotel and team here. We hope to have you as our guest several more times!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Salisbury, Maryland
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Ewa, Sydney, Harold and all the staff I've encountered have always been nice and friendly every time I've stayed at this Candlewood location, which is great because when you are tired from traveling a friendly greeting is always a welcoming gesture . The location is convenient, and though parking can be busy sometimes there's a slew of extra parking you can use literally just on the other side of the hotel. The hotel is Pet Friendly which is REALLY REALLY GREAT. Some hotels will say they are pet friendly then charge you $200 for a pet fee. I would say that those hotel should say they are open to pets, but not claim they are "pet friendly".

I enjoy that the room has a kitchenette with a full fridge. I have always found the rooms to be clean, the AC always works well, and I have never smelled smoke in the rooms I have stayed in, this is very important to me as I am very sensitive to the smell of cigarettes, and being hot makes me cranky. I have not had the occasion to use the laundry facilities or the gym, but it looks clean and fine. The cupboard downstairs always has free coffee and most things you might want/need in a jiffy- milk, soda, snacks, etc. They also offer a shuttle which I have not used, but is a bonus for those who might need it.

As an IHG Platinum, they always have a bottled water and a little snack when you check-in, it's not much but it's a thoughtful token all the same. I've never asked, but I have never been offered a room upgrade though I think most rooms are pretty much the same. I guess they could move you from a studio to a 1 bedroom, if it's available the extra elbow room would be nice.

Be aware that Candlewood does not offer breakfast. Also housekeeping does not service your room everyday, which is fine by me as for the most part I specifically ask not to be disturbed and for housekeeping to skip my room. But this is just me, I clean up after myself and do not need new sheets or new towels everyday. (Really, unless you're a total slob, who does?) The minor quibbles I might have would be some parts could use a bit of spiffing up. Paint touch ups or tile re-caulking here and there and maybe if the leather chair has a huge rip in it it's time to replace it. I also wish they offered King Beds on some of the rooms. But compared to everything else, the hotel offers a very good value for your dollar.

All in all, it's a great place and I would recommend it if you appreciate the nice staff, being a bit more independent and don't need other fripperies.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank cakewalk007
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Candlewood Suites hotels are like Extended Stay Americas, but much better. If you want to stay somewhere with a kitchenette, then I recommend this place 100%. The rooms are always clean and they're set up nicely. I love the wrap around desk/table, flat screen tv, dvd player, and comfortable bed. The people who work at this location are very helpful and friendly. They have movies you can check out at the front desk, they run shuttles to and from the airport, and they're very informed about the area(things to do, what's around to eat, etc). There isn't a complementary breakfast but you have a kitchen in your room so that's understandable. Overall, I really enjoy staying here. I spent a week here last month and I just checked in here today for another stay.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Minerva1987
Everywhere U.S.A.
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Front Desk staff are Just Rude, Got there at 3pm and had to wait to check-in.
Woman that checked us in Should Not be in Customer Relations at all.
RUDE ! Will never stay at this hotel again, There are too many hotels in this area to be treated the way we were treated !!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kirk D
Sydney L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
We greatly apologize that you did not get to experience our great guest service during your stay with us. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and would love for you to give us a try again as I am sure that your experience will be much better!
La Plata, Maryland
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We booked this Candlewood Suites with the "Park, Stay, & Go" package. We got a very good rate for one night plus up to 15 days parking during our vacation. The room was spacious, clean, and had a contemporary design. Bed and linens were very comfortable. Even though we didn't use the kitchen appliances, I checked them out. They were immaculate. The shuttle service to nearby BWI airport was quick and reliable. We booked a 5:00 am departure on the day of our flight. Their normal shuttle driver wasn't available & the hotel had already arranged a taxi to take 5 guests to the airport---right on time. When we returned from our trip, we called the hotel for our pickup. True to their word, a shuttle driver came to get us within 5 minutes. All around excellent service!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tiffy_Bird
Hartford
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Understand what a Candlewood Suites is before you check in and start complaining. I stay at Candlewood's around the USA and this one is among the best. The staff is friendly, close to BWI and the amazing G&M Restaurant. Shuttle service will take you anywhere within a few miles. Probably the best deal for a hotel this close to BWI.All the amenities you would expect from a Candlewood Suites, however check their website to see what they do and do not offer so you will be educated before you arrive.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank steve375
Adamstown, Maryland
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I came for a night in September. The check in staff was very helpful...I made a special request and it was handled quickly. Later I had an issue in the room and it was also handled quickly. The evening staff was both friendly and very helpful and the room was very comfortable. I would stay here again.
Cristal