Ewa, Sydney, Harold and all the staff I've encountered have always been nice and friendly every time I've stayed at this Candlewood location, which is great because when you are tired from traveling a friendly greeting is always a welcoming gesture . The location is convenient, and though parking can be busy sometimes there's a slew of extra parking you can use literally just on the other side of the hotel. The hotel is Pet Friendly which is REALLY REALLY GREAT. Some hotels will say they are pet friendly then charge you $200 for a pet fee. I would say that those hotel should say they are open to pets, but not claim they are "pet friendly".
I enjoy that the room has a kitchenette with a full fridge. I have always found the rooms to be clean, the AC always works well, and I have never smelled smoke in the rooms I have stayed in, this is very important to me as I am very sensitive to the smell of cigarettes, and being hot makes me cranky. I have not had the occasion to use the laundry facilities or the gym, but it looks clean and fine. The cupboard downstairs always has free coffee and most things you might want/need in a jiffy- milk, soda, snacks, etc. They also offer a shuttle which I have not used, but is a bonus for those who might need it.
As an IHG Platinum, they always have a bottled water and a little snack when you check-in, it's not much but it's a thoughtful token all the same. I've never asked, but I have never been offered a room upgrade though I think most rooms are pretty much the same. I guess they could move you from a studio to a 1 bedroom, if it's available the extra elbow room would be nice.
Be aware that Candlewood does not offer breakfast. Also housekeeping does not service your room everyday, which is fine by me as for the most part I specifically ask not to be disturbed and for housekeeping to skip my room. But this is just me, I clean up after myself and do not need new sheets or new towels everyday. (Really, unless you're a total slob, who does?) The minor quibbles I might have would be some parts could use a bit of spiffing up. Paint touch ups or tile re-caulking here and there and maybe if the leather chair has a huge rip in it it's time to replace it. I also wish they offered King Beds on some of the rooms. But compared to everything else, the hotel offers a very good value for your dollar.
All in all, it's a great place and I would recommend it if you appreciate the nice staff, being a bit more independent and don't need other fripperies.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our new Comforts of Home™ Bedding Collection. The Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum, the ideal choice for business and leisure travelers, is conveniently located 2 miles from BWI Airport and provides free shuttle service from 7am - 11pm. Each spacious suite has a fully equipped kitchen complete with a full-size refrigerator/ice maker, microwave, range and dishwasher.Traveling on business? The Candlewood Suites Linthicum offers free high speed Internet, local phone calls, two separate phone lines, voice-mail, and a great executive desk. The hotel is convenient to the Baltimore Convention Center and University of Maryland Baltimore. Use our free laundry facility and Fitness Center. We re a pet friendly hotel too (fees apply). The Candlewood Suites is 8 miles from downtown Baltimore, Camden Yards-Baltimore Orioles, M&T Bank Stadium-Baltimore Ravens, Baltimore Inner Harbor, Baltimore Zoo, Baltimore National Aquarium and Fort McHenry.Hungry? Visit the Candlewood Cupboard, the hotel s on-site convenience store. We also offer rates that include breakfast contact hotel directly.Stay at the Candlewood Suites Baltimore and enjoy all the features and amenities this extended stay hotel offers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum Hotel Linthicum
- Candlewood Suites Linthicum
- Candlewood Linthicum
- Linthicum Candlewood Suites