Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum
Fairfield Inn
$76
$70
$89
BWI Airport Marriott(Linthicum Heights)
$198
$161
  • Pool
Holiday Inn BWI Airport(Linthicum Heights)
$94
$107
$99
Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport(Linthicum Heights)
$158
All reviewshonor systemdesk countercompared to similar hotelsno daily maid servicefree laundryseparate bedroomroom was cleanbwi airportcounter topextended staywork spacerewards programthe free airport shuttleshuttle serviceevery half hourup to datetwo night stay
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Recently my family stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Baltimore. Although there was one major glitch, out stay was pleasant because of the staff working the front desk, and the shuttle drivers. Our flight arrived far too early to check in, however, the front desk clerk allowed us to leave our luggage at the hotel while we went into DC. The shuttle bus driver was incredible, full of helpful hints, very accommodating, knowledgeable about the area, and even recommended a breakfast place for us. When we returned to the hotel, to officially check in, the front desk clerk was wonderful. When we discovered that our room had been wrongly booked ( we were in a smoking room with 1 bed, and a pull out couch - for 4 adult sized people - absolute non smokers) the front desk person could not make any room switches because it was booked up. Ultimately we had the room sprayed down - very smokey smell that turned my 11 year old daughters stomach.
Over all the hotel met our basic needs. But the cheerfulness, and accommodating staff made the stay enjoyable. Sometimes quality customer service is more important that the service provided.

Room Tip: if you require a non smoking room, check and re check your reservation/confirmation to ensure it was booked correctly.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Sydney L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. I am very pleased that you found our team so accomodating. They work very hard to go above and beyond for our guests! We try to make every guest experience a great one, and I apologize that your reservation was booked incorrectly. Next time you are in the area I urge you to book directly through the hotel so we can assure that your room is booked correctly. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is an average property. The bed was small for a queen; however, the room was clean and comfortable. It is close to everything we wanted to see including Baltimore on a Sunday, the Savage Mill Shops, and numerous other venues. The parking lot gets snug on weekdays One teaspoon in the drawer and no tablespoons. Full sized fridge, microwave, two burner range, and a dishwasher. An okay property, but I would question the size of a queen...perhaps I've been in a king too long.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jim N
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Jim N,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We are very happy that you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable.

Please accept our sincerest apologies if you didn't find the size of the bed to your liking. Nonetheless, we are still pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We chose this place mainly for its proximity to BWI airport because we had early morning flights. The room was very clean and comfortable, the staff was very warm and professional. The property was easy to find. They have their own shuttle which travels to the airport every half hour, we got there very quickly. I was surprised how close the airport actually was because I there was no airplane flyover noise inside the building.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 8, 2013

At one time there were quite a few negative reviews for this property regarding the spinning wheel for extra Priority Club Bonus Points. I notice they have been removed by Trip Advisor or this property. I wrote Trip Advisor in MA and have not heard back from them.

The property itself is very nice. Rooms are clean and updated. Shuttle service to & from BWI though I noticed their shuttle will take you to restaurants within 5 miles. (Not a lot to choose from).

We would stay here again though not spin the wheel. Had to much trouble getting the points I 'won".

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2013

As a frequent traveler, I use the Candlewood properties for business several times a year. I would rate their normal sites pretty highly compared to other extended stay type hotels. My experience at this location was not good.

First off, the rooms are a little dated. Not a big deal, but the bed covers look like they could be replaced soon. The amenities are great. 24 hour fitness, and food pantry is awesome, plus the full size fridge and having a stove and microwave in the room. Always a huge plus.

The big problem I had at this location was the Heater/Air conditioner. It had a very large noise issue. When it cycled on it was like a freight train going through my room. Woke me up out of a dead sleep. After the second round of that, I just threw on the comforter and turned off the heat.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Wyomingdan
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Wyomingdan,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay with us. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and we regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations in many aspects. We have taken note of your valuable comments regarding the noise challenges you experienced and these will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing us a candid feedback.

Joel B