“Wish I stayed longer!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Bowie, Maryland
“Wish I stayed longer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed here due to a flight cancellation (Hurricane Sandy). Beautiful property and newly renovated, my studio had a full fridge, flat screen TV, and man-sized kitchen.

The dual VCR-DVD player is great for people staying longer than 1-night like me.

The gift bag (an 8 oz water bottle & breakfast bar) I got at check-in for being a Priority Club member was a neat gesture, although I'd prefer my own perk from the cupboard next time.

Clean, spacious and just what I needed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Lexington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I was only there one night until I made it to Baltimore the next day. I checked in at 1am and the lady was so sweet. I had asked if they had shower cap and she looked all over for one but wasn't able to find one. We only stayed one night but the room was beautiful. The parking lot was filled with construction but it is an extended stay hotel what else would it be filled with? They have to stay in business some how. I enjoyed my stay and woudl definatly stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Covington, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Booked online. Upon arrival noticed the parking lot loaded with construction workers' trucks and the workers drinking and smoking all over the parking lot. At check-in was told the wrong room number, but that was fixed. Common areas were filthy and smelled. Bleach stains all over the hall carpets and the hallway was not air conditioned and smelled. Up to this point, it resembled a former rundown version of Motel 6.

Opened the door, and it was like night and day. The inside of the room was clean as a whistle with a modern appearance, new furniture, and a good mattress. You cannot pull the drapes closed, so only sheers stop outside light. Air conditioning works well. An access code for the Internet was given but not used. Adequate bathroom supplies and nice towels.

The employees answered all questions with polite manners. You can get free coffee in the morning but no breakfast included.

Overall, look elsewhere. This looks like it's now a blue-collar construction worker hotel. Plenty of other hotels in the area with similar costs exist.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Westlake, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

...all of the "average" reviews here. This hotel is without question the best bargain @ BWI. It's newer, big, clean and has all of the amenities that other hotels in the area charge twice as much for. You won't find a better hotel at a better rate @ BWI. Your search ends here!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Section147
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

They accommodated us prior to check in because we came a long distance. Front desk was friendly n helpful very professional. They welcomed my pet at a reasonable price. Very clean quiet and only 8 miles from shopping n restaurants. No pool that was the only downfall but we made up by going to six flags which was 35 min away! Perfect stay!!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Ecolon05
Montana City, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

We were met at the Amtrak station by a very nice shuttle driver. I have forgotten his name but he had a thick Jamaician accent and was very fast to arrive and friendly.
Upon entering the hotel I feared we had made a big mistake as the lobby is small and dirty looking, but we were pleasantly surprised when entering our room. We had a king suite and it was very roomy and clean. The bed was comfortable and room was sound proof.The room was very hot and did take a while to cool down.
All service employees were great. The only compliant is that we arrived very thirsty and they have no ice machines in the hotel. There is an ice machine in the fridge, but you have to wait for ice to be made! My son did inquire at the front desk and was told no ice except what fridge makes!
We left at 620 the next am and shuttle driver took us immediately to the airport which is 5 minutes away, that was nice!
I am not sure if I would stay again, if I do I will bring a large cup of ice water with me!

Room Tip: King suite was very roomy.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank akmoma
, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear akmoma,

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. I am glad that you liked the room and the service you received by our staff. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced waiting for ice to be made by your in room freezer. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Stoughton, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

You get what you pay for. I don't mean this in a really bad way, but I stayed here because I wanted a hotel with a kitchen and this was by far the cheapest one. Location was convenient but rooms were just decent. It seemed a bit outdated. I'm not sure if it's because these rooms have kitchens, but there was just a constant odor in the room. Also, What was annoying were the dull kitchen utensils. Trying to slice anything with the knives they provided was a nightmare.... However the rooms were roomy and the beds were comfortable. If you want a kitchen but want to stay somewhere cheap stay here. If you have more wiggle room in your spending, invest it elsewhere. In terms of service, they were fantastic. I actually needed more pots and pans as well as other extra kitchen utensils and they brought them up to me right away. Points for that. Overall, I'd stay here again if I needed to, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple