“Good hotel , strange front desk staff” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum

Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Good hotel , strange front desk staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I stayed here for 2 night and a very good view of candle wood suites and the ICH brand.
The location is not really GPS friendly and the GPS drops you to the general area and then you have to look for the access road, but I dont give negative points to a hotel for that.
The hotel has ample free parking , including lots of accessible parking.
The checking was strange, in fact it was most passive( for the lack of a better word) check in i ever had. It went: Desk: Last name( no please) ME : ******. Desk:here you go, fill the form and give it back.(am I in a Immigration office) ME: done DESK: how many keys do you want
ME :1 DESK: Here. ME : Which way is my room?
Apart from that , the check in area was cramped .
The rooms were fine, clean , everything worked.
The pots and pans were clean.
the bathroom looked old but was clean enough.
the internet worked fine, I did not use the fitness center or the swimming pool..

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank DOCTORNOMAD

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Redding, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

We stayed here for a week. Shuttle picked us up from airport and check in was easy. The free shuttle took us everywhere we wanted to go & picked us up when we were ready. Their shuttle saved us $300 since we didn't have to rent a car. The free laundry facility was a plus. Room was comfortable and the water pressure in the shower was really good. I would stay here again. Thank you for making our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank shelly96003
Bordentown, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

Upon walking in, by the door was the strongest gas smell I ever smelled in my lifetime. That was scary. We alerted maintenance, he checked and said it was coming from the dryers in the laundry room. Guests checking in should not be almost knocked out by gas fumes. They may wanna consider moving that laundry room. The check-in process was smooth and the Desk Clerk, I believe her name is Karen, was awesome! Priority Club members get a nice welcome letter and gift bag, and you get to "spin" a wheel for additional bonus points which is a cute and fun marketing tool!
On to the bad stuff! We were erroneously booked in a smoking room and when I called to complain, was told the entire hotel was booked. That room was so horribly smokey it was awful! We immediately went out to get air freshner but that still did not work. The kitchen cabinets were raggedy and hanging off the hinges. The pull out sofa bed was so dirty, I had to share a bed with my sis in law. The carpet was dirty. The furniture was filthy and cheap...the room just made you itch even after a shower! The air conditioner was crooked and poorly installed. I couldnt wait to check out of there! Two stink bugs came from out of nowhere! We had to call maintenance for assistance! In fairness, those bugs are everywhere, but if the room wasnt so dirty, we probably would have just overlooked it all. I wouldnt stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jrzydva
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

I am from Canada and had to travel to have a surgery by a well-known surgeon in the Baltimore area. The folks at Candlewood were very friendly and my 2 week stay was definitiely worth the price. I loved the kitchenette! The only downside was that there was not much to do within walking distance in terms of touristy things because it is in the airport hotel district. But the positive to the location was that the shuttle took you to the Rail Station, so you could take a train for cheap into downtown Baltimore or Washington DC. Overall my stay was great. I would highly recommend the surgeon (Dr. Thomas Le) too if you ever need a good facial plastic surgeon. He did wonders for my nose despite 3 other doctors failing. His website is http://www.bwfacialplasticsurgery.com and he recommended this hotel for his patients on the website.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Southern US
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

I had stayed in a Candlewood Suites in another location and liked the concept - basic, decent place to stay. I was just looking for a place to stay the night before a flight and they had a shuttle to the airport. The check in was prompt and the front desk attendant was very polite, friendly and helpful. The room was okay (once again basic but that's fine). From my previous visit to a Candlewood I knew I'd like the bed, sheets and towels and they didn't disappoint.

However, I don't think I could come back here unless they became a non-smoking facility. The smoke smell hits you from the second you walk in and permeates everything. Even though my room was nonsmoking, the smoke obviously doesn't pay attention to that distinction and the room had a smoke/musty type odor. I still was able to sleep but was sure glad it was only for one night - otherwise I would have checked out early. Please property owners, ban smoking to outside the property! I think most smokers are used to it by now. I suspect you lose more nonsmoking guests than you gain in smokers.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank SuziQ22
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

Could you believe that we were put in a room above the laundromat room. Check,; I got my dog and paid for his stay. Check; I used my points. Could these be the reasons why I got treated like a low class customer? Don't expect to find a business center here. Bring your computer. The hotel though will provide a hotel to/from the airport and nearby shopping stores/mall. And of course, Candlewood is known for the kitchenette. This hotel is near BWI airport and in a very nice location where other high end hotels are also located. If you are in Maryland visiting, find a nice hotel in LInthicum instead of Baltimore City for your peace of mind.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mai-ImIt
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

This is an excellent extended stay hotel, Very Close to BWI and Arundel Mills, location is a bit isolated in a valley of hotels. Check in was smooth, they didnt know if our room was ready yet, we were a but early and people have to realize ITS AN EXTENDED STAY hotel meant to be homey so they dont have alot of room attendents staffed every day, but the Operations Manager took time out of his busy schedule to personally check the room...thats service. Rooms are big, spacious, like an apartment. Builiding shows signs of wear and tear but still nice,an " honesty market" provide ingredients too cook an easy meal. Good DVD selection at the reception area.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo