“Robbed...on our wedding night!” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
severn md
“Robbed...on our wedding night!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2008

We stayed the night of our wedding and to make a long story short a staff member took it upon themselves to enter our room while we were not there and steal 4 bottles of champagne...so you can decide for yourself. And the staff?????????? I wonder where Hilton finds there staff...P.S. IT WAS A MANAGERS KEY THAT ENTERED OUR ROOM, THEY HAVE IT ON VIDEO!

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2008

I have been at the HGI many times. My first stay here was the week it opened some years back.. Each time I stay, I can notice that it is falling apart, and now fast. This will be my last stay at this HGI until they get their act together, there is tons of other hotels out the front door.

During my week stays things were not good at all. Check in was ok, but the staff did not want to be there.. I'm a diamond VIP, with HH, and had to ask for my breakfast coupons. In the past I got a little upgraded room.. this time I got a downgrade I think. The tub was very worn out, and the bathroom was showing age. The room was clean, and the beds are wonderful. Not a bad room at all, but looking back at all my stays i can see the down turn.

The first morning, I went down to each, it was like 30 in the breakfast area.. I was told better get your jacket the heat it out down here... I looked like this was not something new becuase many others were walking down with their winter gear on. I asked what is going on with the heat.. Staff replay, it is not working... What a helpful and enlightened response.

The one night I just in the shower, no hot water. Called the desk, after like 80 rings, and a few trys, Mr. helpful picked up, I told him I had no hot water, reply "I know" ......... I asked when will it be fixed? "tomorrow sometime, have a good night" click.. WTF?!?!?

Cold shower the next morning...

I have called Hilton Guest Assistance on this stay, and we will see what they do about it.. My check out was the nail in the coffin, "How was very thing" my reply eating in the cold, and no hot water was not fun I told them... "Well things like that happen when the weather changes"

Never again...

• Liked — not much
  • Disliked — No Heat, No Hot Water, No one who works there cares
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
Buffalo, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2008

We stayed here August 8-10, 2008 for a family trip. I am giving this hotel 3 stars only because of the beds and rooms, the rest of the hotel would have received a 1 star rating!
The sleep number beds are wonderful. When we turned the dial I don’t think they changed at all but they were still extremely comfy. As with other reviews, there were some staff problems. I called ahead to see if our Hilton Gold membership will get us complementary breakfast and they said it did. Upon arrival, they said that they don't do that here. After some questioning, another staff member came up with the breakfast coupons and we moved on to our rooms. Our rooms were beautifully decorated with flat screen TV, mini fridge and micro. We went down to the pool around 8 that night to give the kids some time to burn off some energy. The lifeguard was screaming at everyone! There was a young boy who was just scolded by him crying in the corner on a chair. My kids were yelled at for getting into the hot tub while my husband and I were in there. He came over to tell/yell at us in a very loud voice that there was know one under 14 allowed in the hot tub at any time...even though the sign said it was under the parents discretion for children under 8. He mentioned that it was in the “other” rulebook that he could not produce for us. The pool area was freezing, there were no other adults in the hot tub and my kids lips were blue. The lifeguard then told us to get out so he could put chemicals in the water...at 9pm!!! The signs posted said the pool didn't even close till 10! I did complain to the front desk and she mentioned that he was doing this to people all day. Since we couldn't go in the water anymore, we dried off and proceeded to leave until the lifeguard approached us for my daughters pool towel. She was freezing and not trying to steal the towel. I would have brought it back down to the pool but by this time, it wasn't worth the argument. We did not return the next day as for he was the only lifeguard on duty all day!
Would we stay again, probably not but if we did, we would not be using the pool!

• Liked — The beds!
  • Disliked — Bad customer service!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Philadelphia, PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2008

My boyfriend stayed here for two weeks on business and i visited for a total of seven nights over weekends. The room with a king size bed was nice and comfortable, however the bed took up most of the room and with suitcases it was hard to walk around. Our room was on the side of the hotel next to some sort of trucking company so there were large trucks constantly driving by our window all night. The walls are very thin; we were frequently woken up by the neighbor's tv or the housekeeper's vacuum.

It is pretty far if you want to go anywhere (grocery store, wal mart, drugstore, restaurants) and the front desk staff isn't very knowledgeable of the area; they sent us to a very sketchy grocery store when we asked for directions. Luckily we had a GPS and found another. However if you go out at night, its unlikely that you will find a parking spot when you return.

The day before we checked out, we came back from the city to find our room cleaned, but a used coffee filter sitting on our bathroom counter. Who knows how long it was there, because coffee leaked all over my brand new (tan) makeup bag, completely ruining it. The front desk staff didn't seem to care and called someone in housekeeping to come up to the room and talk to us; they never came. The same day the housekeeper also took one of my glass baking dishes from the room (even though it had been there the previous five days?). Upon checkout when I noticed it was missing, the front desk staff again seemed unconcerned but finally managed to call housekeeping and locate the dish without an apology.

Don't waste your time or money here- stay at another hotel in the area.

• Liked — large, new tv
  • Disliked — staff
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2008

I was in town for a family event and needed a place to stay with my wife. I selected the Hilton Garden based on price and brand. It was a little out of our way - but I save $50 a night over the Hilton Garden in White Marsh which was a better location for us.

They allowed us to check in early. The room was new with a flat screen TV. The bed was comfortable and was adjustable. I could not figure out how to work the bed so I left it as was. There was a microwave and mini fridge.

My only complaint was there was a slight mold smell coming from the shower curtain.... I am sensitive to smells - so this may not bother some. The bathroom was clean and modern otherwise.

Staff was helpful - but I didn't require any special help to test them.

I did not pay for the breakfast so we ate at Bob Evans one morning (which was next door). Food was not good there AND it was crowded.

Overall - I would stay again. I paid $99 and booked on the Hilton website. I stayed for 2 nights.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Martinsburg, WV
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2008

This hotel disappointed our party. We reserved it 2 weeks prior to arrival on the hilton.com website. We checked late arrival online and called the day of to confirm. We told the property that our arrival would be 12am. When we arrived they did not have a room available for us. I don't know what a reservation means if they don't have a room available. They called multiple hotels to get us our 2 reserved rooms there with no success. They somehow found 1 room with 2 queen size beds for us to stay in and instead of trying to find other lodging we agreed. They asked us what rate we booked the room for (it was $130 per room with bed and breakfast). They offered $100 and a complimentary breakfast. Breakfast was a little more than average. The room was fine. Service was very disappointing for a Hilton or any hotel for that matter. The manager had a v neck white tshirt on when we arrived. Didn't seem very professional. We stayed at the Hampton Inn at BWI in August 2007 and had a very good experience.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — they didn't have a room for us after making a reservation
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2008

I recently had to travel to Linthicum on business. I had a good night sleep at this hotel which enabled me to be ready for my business meeting the next morning. Not much to say but the hotel was clean and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business