“Close to airport, very clean”

Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed June 23, 2014

My family and I were caught in a lengthy airport delay coming into Baltimore. We arrived at the Hilton Garden Inn BWI around 1:00AM, several hours later than planned. I called ahead to tell them about the delay, and ensure that we would have a room. The young man I spoke to was kind, and reassured me that we would be taken care of. He said he would be there until 11:00PM.

It was a very easy drive to the hotel from the rental car desk, and I was grateful.

When we got to the hotel, I was less than thrilled with the woman who "greeted" us. I felt as if we were inconveniencing her by our presence, and for a several moments I feared that my children and I were going to be sent out into the night with no place to stay. Probably the worst moments of our trip. Fortunately, this is the only person like this that we encountered on our entire trip. I asked if there was security to watch us as I parked the car, and told that no, it was "safe enough". Just what I wanted to hear after the airport hassle. Really, Hilton, I would not treat anyone with such disrespect, but especially a woman traveling with two kids at 1:00AM!

The hotel is lovely inside and out. Very clean, and modern looking. AND we did survive the early hour parking lot adventure, though I was genuinely concerned at the time.

Our actual stay was uneventful, and the beds felt fabulous. The next morning during checkout I spoke to another nice man who gave me great directions. As it turns out, he was a new addition to the staff from Texas. Thank you sir, you were clearly raised properly!

Overall I would recommend this hotel if you are staying in Baltimore and would like to be near the airport, just try to get there before you encounter the night auditor.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank FarmrzDaughtr
SebastianHansen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Thanks for the great review. I really appreciate the feedback and it was a pleasure meeting you. We look forward to your next visit and you can count on me if you need anything.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I traveled here with my family for vacation. We selected this hotel because I had HHonors points to use. This is a great hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They directed us to a great restaurant and area attractions. The pool and hot tub were nice and had a life guard on duty. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay here again when traveling to the area. GREAT CLEAN HOTEL!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
SebastianHansen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

We are really glad you enjoyed your stay! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. You can count on us next time you and your family are in the area. Call on me if you need anything.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

This was certainly a positive experience. The hotel is nice, clean, and fairly priced. My room was nicely furnished, clean, and the bed was super comfortable. Staff were pleasant and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel both for business and pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
SebastianHansen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Thanks for sharing! We really appreciate you choosing us and we look forward to your next visit. You can count on us to make you feel at home.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I had an absolutely terrific experience at the HGI at BWI airport! Checked in late afternoon on a Sunday and was greeted by Ron (still remember his name even though this was a month and a half ago) who was extremely helpful and kind. The room was comfortable, with lots of natural light and a comfortable bed. Everything was in terrific condition, and far exceeded my expectations given that 1.) this was an airport hotel and 2.) I paid <$100 for the night. I got a terrific night's sleep before heading to the airport Monday morning.

The only minor slip up was a small issue with the timing of the airport shuttle, but when they recognized the error, the driver was kind enough to drive me on a separate trip to the airport outside of his scheduled trips, which I'm guessing was during his scheduled break time. Not only that, but I exchanged a couple emails with the hotel management, and it was handled EXTREMELY quickly and professionally. Coming from a guy who spends an average of 5/7 nights a week in hotels, I can't stress enough how appreciative I was to be able to have quick, open communication with the hotel management, who handled the issue and even credited me some additional points for the trouble. I will definitely be back next time I find myself around BWI, and can't recommend this property enough. Thanks again!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Jackie M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Hi Dave, Thanks for the lovely reveiw! Ron is a great asset to the team, we appreciate him very much for all his efforts. I'm sorry to hear about the shuttle issue, but as always, the staff here is quick to find a resolution. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area. Have a fantastic weekend!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Even more important than price is the cleanliness of a hotel. Too many times I have been in a hotel room with mold, mildew, stains on the beds, rugs and/or walls, or I have found some else's hair on the pillow or in the bath/shower. This hotel is for the most part quite clean and comfortable. The location is very convenient for BWI airport, or if you are driving, it is right off the West Nursery Road exit ramp from I-895. Free parking is always appreciated. Staff were helpful and friendly. The breakfast choices were average in the restaurant. For the price, it is a very good option if you are staying in the Baltimore area or flying through BWI. Baltimore is approximately 10 minutes away by car, D.C. approximately 30 minutes. Free shuttle to the airport or the BWI train station for Amtrak, or if you are traveling to D.C. the MARC ($6.00 one way).

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
SebastianHansen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Thanks for taking time out of your day to share your experience. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and found value in our hotel. We are very proud of our staff and the cleanliness of our hotel. I hope you were able to take advantage of the made to order omelets from the Garden Grille for breakfast! They are delicious. We look forward to your next visit and thanks for choosing us. You can count on us to deliver!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I was in town for the weekend visiting a friend with my two small children (5 & 2 1/2) and decided to stay here based on reviews. I can't say enough good things. They were able to accommodate my preference to stay on the opposite side of the USPS distribution center; we were on the 4th floor. Front desk staff was very friendly, room was clean and updated. Beds were extremely comfortable and the water pressure was excellent (This may not be important to some, but when you travel a lot, showers that actually work right are a must)! I would love to rave about the pool, but the heater was broken when we were there, so it was chilly and we didn't stay long. It was however very clean and there was a lifeguard on duty! I had breakfast one morning, it was reasonably priced (my kids ate free) and the selection was excellent. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thanks for letting us know about your experience. I'm really glad you were able to spend some quality time with your family! Kids grow up fast! We really appreciate your business and your nice comments. I'm sorry about the pool heater, but I did have a brand new pool heater installed over this past weekend. We hope you can come back soon and try it out. Thanks again!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Airport hotels are usually nothing to rave about but Hilton Garden Inn BWI is an exception. I have stayed here several times and am always impressed by their customer service. They go above and beyond to make sure you enjoy your stay. I've seen the shuttle driver go out of his way to drop someone off at a nail salon (while making sure other riders were not inconvenienced by this minor detour). They delivered eye drops to my room when I needed them and lent my daughter-in-law a phone charger when she forgot hers. Even the welcome cookies and breakfast are a step above similar properties. Rooms are fresh, clean & comfortable. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: I request room 428 at the end of the hall.