My family and I were caught in a lengthy airport delay coming into Baltimore. We arrived at the Hilton Garden Inn BWI around 1:00AM, several hours later than planned. I called ahead to tell them about the delay, and ensure that we would have a room. The young man I spoke to was kind, and reassured me that we would be taken care of. He said he would be there until 11:00PM.
It was a very easy drive to the hotel from the rental car desk, and I was grateful.
When we got to the hotel, I was less than thrilled with the woman who "greeted" us. I felt as if we were inconveniencing her by our presence, and for a several moments I feared that my children and I were going to be sent out into the night with no place to stay. Probably the worst moments of our trip. Fortunately, this is the only person like this that we encountered on our entire trip. I asked if there was security to watch us as I parked the car, and told that no, it was "safe enough". Just what I wanted to hear after the airport hassle. Really, Hilton, I would not treat anyone with such disrespect, but especially a woman traveling with two kids at 1:00AM!
The hotel is lovely inside and out. Very clean, and modern looking. AND we did survive the early hour parking lot adventure, though I was genuinely concerned at the time.
Our actual stay was uneventful, and the beds felt fabulous. The next morning during checkout I spoke to another nice man who gave me great directions. As it turns out, he was a new addition to the staff from Texas. Thank you sir, you were clearly raised properly!
Overall I would recommend this hotel if you are staying in Baltimore and would like to be near the airport, just try to get there before you encounter the night auditor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each guestroom comes fully equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, LCD TV, two telephones with voice mail messaging, work desk, Herman Miller chair, work lamp, 24 hour complimentary van service to and from BWI Airport, 24 hour fitness and business centers, complimentary parking and Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Bwi Airport Hotel Linthicum
- Hilton Garden Inn Linthicum
- Linthicum Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Linthicum