“Leadership from the front creates exceptional hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Leadership from the front creates exceptional hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

There are many hotels to choose from and I have spent 30 years on the road. A chain hotel is a chain hotel, right? Not this time. I just spent four nights at the Hilton Garden Inn at the Baltimore Airport and this is a very special place.

It starts at the top with their general manager, Sebastian Hansen. How many hotels have you stayed at where the GM is out front most of the day talking with the guest. Getting to know their names and their individual needs. This one does. During heavy traffic moments, he is in the middle helping out. And each patron is given his direct phone number. This leadership is reflected in the front desk staff, to the breakfast staff, to especially the transport staff. When I arrived, I had just got off a seven hour Amtrak experience. I was tired, and a bit cranky. I was picked up by Antonio, and by the time we got to the hotel, I was laughing my *** off.

There is a Bob Evens in the parking lot, a Cracker Barrel across the street. This place is run right, clean and a good value. Try it and see if you agree with me.

3 Thank Bert B
SebastianHansen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. I really appreciate your kind words and I will pass on your comments to the staff. I am so fortunate to have an awesome team that really loves to deliver hospitality. Your comments are very rewarding and we hope to see you again in the near future. Thanks for choosing us and you can count on us to make you feel at home. You've got my number if you need anything!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Denver, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

The staff was incredibly helpful and courteous. The property was fabulous. I highly recommend this hotel to other travelers visiting Baltimore. I have plans to come back to the Baltimore area in the near future and will be staying at this hotel at that time. The breakfast was terrific, the service during breakfast was great.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jackie M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the breakfast to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. You Can Count On Us!
Little Rock, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

I arrived to find a guest already complaining about her room and service to the front desk employee. I waited several minutes as did several other guests. Finally I got my room. Arrived to room 520 to find the desk, wall and floor from desk to window area covered in ants and other bugs normally found where there is rot from long term leaking water. I suspect the window or heating system is leaking. Went back to the front desk to find approximately 12 guests waiting to check in! Finally got to speak to Jimmy and told him the problem and everyone heard it and you could tell they were disgusted! Jimmy gives me a new room and Ron says he would “comp” one night. Get to new room. Find the desk lamp to be broken and the left side of the mattress is stained. So I place towels between the sheets and mattress and slept on the side with no stains since I was on the road since 3am and now it was 10pm. I get undressed go to the bathroom to shower. As I am standing NUDE in the bathroom some lady with two small children walks in! She screams as do her kids and her husband starts yelling at me! They leave I call the front desk Jimmy says “yeah sorry I sent them to the wrong room!”

1 Thank Marc M
Jackie M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Marc, I cannot apologize enough for the poor experience we provided to you during your stay. The management team is taking action on everything that you mentioned in your review. I guarantee that we can provide you with outstanding service and a clean room if you decide to give us another chance in the future. If you decide to allow us another opportunity please reach out to me in advance (410 691 0507); I can create a reservation and ensure any special requests can be met to make sure you have the best stay possible.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

Enjoyed everything about the hotel. Lobby, parking, rooms. Nice quiet area across from a Cracker Barrell that cooks excellent food! Also near a 7-11 and movie theatre. Quick to the airport and downtown, but really in an industrial (very clean) area.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We really appreciate your kind words and we hope to see you again soon. Safe travels!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Hotel was nice staff was friendly. We arrived around midnight and was told although we booked a non smoking room; there was none left and that we could switch the next day and that a discount would be applied for the inconvenience. (which it was) it was a pretty cold in the late night and the heat in the smelly smoking room did not work. The man at the front desk once again did his best in the situation by apologizing and bringing extra blankets and breakfast vouchers. Could not receive a late check out this morning. Uggg.... ok I'll deal but why is house keeping knocking on my door 3 hrs before regulat check out after I requested a late one.. property good, location was ok and the guy at the front desk was awesome. Room sucked. I would give them another shot under different circumstances.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much taking time to complete a review; I’m very sorry for the inconveniences we caused throughout your stay. I really appreciate the positive feedback about the gentlemen who was working the front desk. Next time you stay with us please call me in advance and I will make sure you get a non-smoking room; 410 691 0507 is my direct line. We look to seeing you again soon!
richmond, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

Everything was nice in this hotel, I would stay in the Hilton Garden Inn again, when we take another trip. But I do give thanks to the staff of the Baltimore Washington Hilton Garden Inn, to the front deck and the kitchen crew.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

SebastianHansen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thanks for giving us this great review. I will pass on your comments to the staff! We look forward to your next visit. Thanks for choosing us.
Rotterdam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

From the moment I arrived till 2 days later when I left I was treated in a helpful, friendly and accommodating manner. Thank you Lauren, Sebastien and all the nice people at your hotel. You make it special. They even booked my train ticket to Washington DC. I used to be a Hilton Diamond member but switched to IHG a few years back. Maybe I should switch back after the nice experience at this hotel. As I am an international travellor I want to see more Hilton Garden Inn's outstide of U.S.A as not everyone can afford 4/5 star Hilton Hotels. The room was nice and clean and up to the standards of the Hilton Garden Inn.

Convenient location for both Baltimore and train to Washington DC. I was not planning on visiting Baltimore after someone told me there was not much to see so I was pleasantly surprised that the water front in Baltimore was delightful and only about 10 minutes away from the hotel.

The hotel is worth a visit.

Room Tip: They have laundry facililties if you are on a long trip