“The people make the place special”

Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Rotterdam
“The people make the place special”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

From the moment I arrived till 2 days later when I left I was treated in a helpful, friendly and accommodating manner. Thank you Lauren, Sebastien and all the nice people at your hotel. You make it special. They even booked my train ticket to Washington DC. I used to be a Hilton Diamond member but switched to IHG a few years back. Maybe I should switch back after the nice experience at this hotel. As I am an international travellor I want to see more Hilton Garden Inn's outstide of U.S.A as not everyone can afford 4/5 star Hilton Hotels. The room was nice and clean and up to the standards of the Hilton Garden Inn.

Convenient location for both Baltimore and train to Washington DC. I was not planning on visiting Baltimore after someone told me there was not much to see so I was pleasantly surprised that the water front in Baltimore was delightful and only about 10 minutes away from the hotel.

The hotel is worth a visit.

Room Tip: They have laundry facililties if you are on a long trip
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
SebastianHansen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Thanks for taking time to share your great experience. I am very proud of our staff and how they made your stay special. We are so happy that you were able to discover all of the exciting things to do in the Baltimore/Washington DC area. I am excited to let you know that Hilton Garden Inn has 38 hotels under development in the European market! Call on me so we can talk about making Hilton Worldwide your first choice. You can count on us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Plano, United States
Reviewed May 16, 2014

This is a great hotel for the business traveler. It's close to BWI and area businesses and offers shuttle service to and from the airport. If you're looking for a basic hotel with clean, quiet rooms, on-site restaurant and great service, this is the place for you.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks for the awesome review. We really appreciate your business and we enjoy what we do. Please call on me if there is anything you need to make your stays more enjoyable. You can count on us to deliver service with a smile.
United States
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Overall experience was pretty good. Hotel was nice, clean and convenient. The room did not have enough towels and toilet paper though. After calling the front desk, I was told that I could come down and pick it up. I was not happy with that response, but I went to get it anyway. I was told housekeeping wasn't available at that time (8:30 PM). Overall I was satisfied and would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks for sharing you experience. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay overall! We are using your feedback to improve our service, so I appreciate you letting me know about your request. You can count on us to listen to our guests and continuously improve! Thanks for choosing us!
Vestal, New York
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My family stayed for one night while we visited the Baltimore zoo and The Maryland Science Center. It's a lovely hotel with nice staff. There were a few minor things that need tweaked but overall a good stay. Both mattresses in our room had big dips in the middle which caused uncomfortable rolling in the night. The made-to-order omelet was pretty greasy. The last item was a small problem during check-in when the front desk staff did not inquire about adjoining rooms because we were a family that booked two rooms. We did not end up with what we wanted which was a bummer. They made an accommodation with two free breakfast vouchers to make up for their mistake. The pool and hot tub were nice. We would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for taking your time to give us this 5 star review! Many guests don't realize that we are only 10 minutes from downtown Baltimore and that there is a ton of stuff to do in town. We hope you enjoyed the city and we look forward to your next visit. You can count on us to make you feel at home!
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Anyone that has flown in and out of BWI knows the rental car facility is about 15 minutes from the airport. So, if you are staying at this hotel with a rental car it is very close to the facility to return. If you want to go shopping Arundel Mills mall is 12 minutes away. There is a Cracker Barrel across the street and a Movie Theater within walking distance. Very nice hotel. The elevators are very slow. I usually like to take the stairs when staying at smaller hotels like this but the stairs here are kind of tricky. You will see when you stay but the floors are L-shaped and only one of the stairs allows access. So, if you are staying in the middle of the floor or on the side of the floor that does not allow stair access taking the other set of stairs makes for quite a trip. Very nice hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for sharing your experience. We are so glad you enjoy staying with us and find our location convenient. We take great pride in delivering the Hilton Garden Inn Satisfaction Promise. Thanks for choosing us and I appreciate your business!
Homer, Alaska
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Had to overnight near BWI to catch an early morning flight, rather than hanging out at the airport for many, many hours, and made it to the hotel about 11:30 am. Even though the regular check-in is stated for 3:00 pm they had a room available and check-in was flawless. The hotel is clean, orderly and very quiet for an "airport" facility. In fact, haven't heard a single jet take off or land. Very near the airport, the shuttle was there quickly and had me back to check in within minutes. There is a small place to eat on site in the evenings and the food was quite good (had the steak and a killer shrimp cocktail). The only complaint I can find is that they don't have a direct dial phone located at BWI and you have to call the desk for the shuttle. Folks with dead cell phones, or heaven forbid don't have a cell phone, might find it difficult to request the shuttle. Else, all was good.

1 Thank DiveAK
Thanks for the great review! I love the shrimp cocktail as well. You can count on us to execute smoothly and provide a clean and comfortable environment. We look forward to your next stay.
Bellflower, United States
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Nice place to stay when visiting surrounding areas, i.e.. Washington DC. Convenient having restaurant on-site especially when arriving in the evening when you're too tired to go anywhere. Food was good.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

SebastianHansen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thanks for the nice comments about our hotel and restaurant. I hope you got a chance to try the Baja Chicken Flatbread. It's my favorite! We really appreciate you sharing your experience and we hope you had a great time visiting all of the exciting attractions in our area. You can count on us!