“Fantastic hotel staff - decent workout facilities”

Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic hotel staff - decent workout facilities”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I booked due to excellent reviews regarding the staff-and they all proved true. Extremely attentive staff-from polite and friendly front desk staff to the wait staff at the breakfast bar-all polite and friendly top notch professionals! Clean workout facilities, including a pool just large enough to get some laps in. My meeting was early in the am, so I was glad that the fitness area stayed open until 10 pm. It was keyed, and there was a lifeguard/pool attendant, so I felt safe working out in the evening. Could have used a healthy snack after my workout-fruit, perhaps - but there was ample fresh water, and gratis coffee and tea in the hotel lobby for those who don't mind visiting the lobby in workout garb.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

SebastianHansen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thanks for the nice comments! We are so glad you enjoyed our pool and fitness center. We appreciate you choosing us and look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Salisbury, United States
Reviewed January 13, 2014

nice place, very nice staff even with the problems due to the weather, the hotel staff kept it together and processed us very fast and got everything under control. The rooms were very comfortable and I had no problems getting on the internet.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jackie M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Hi John, thanks for the survey and review. It makes us proud to know that we are being acknowledge, even in really tough circumstances. I'm happy to say that all the damage/issues, due to the extreme weather, and have been repaired. Thanks again, we hope to see you soon!
Omaha, United States
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I travel alot for business and I have to say this hotel has the best staff ever! They are prepared for your arrival and make you feel important and are willing to assist with any need you may have. I will stay here anytime I come for business and I have spread the word to all of my co-workers as well. If you are a Hilton Honors member you will be treated like a king when you are staying here. The rooms are very clean and I have always been able to have a comfortable sleep when I stay. No need for me or anyone else to stay at another hotel in this area. A+

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the amazing review, and the high marks! We are proud to have given you such a positive experience. And thank you for spreadibng the word. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed December 29, 2013

An excellent facility with outstanding service. Jackie was very personable and helpful at check-in, despite the fact that we were early. She was very attentive to, and fulfilled, the special request that I had regarding the room.

The room was clean, comfortable, quiet and well-kept. It was furnished with a microwave, refrigerator, and Keurig coffee maker.

The only issue keeping it from a full five star rating in my opinion is the breakfast option. It is a very nice fixed price buffet which also offers the option for custom omelets. Unfortunately, if all that you want for breakfast is a bowl of cereal and an English muffin, you still pay the fixed price which makes it very uneconomical, especially with both a Bob Evans and a Cracker Barrel within walking distance. Also, scrambled eggs and omelets are made using something other than traditional eggs, resulting in an unusual taste and texture.

Breakfast notwithstanding, I would have no qualms about returning in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Daddigee
SebastianHansen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.Thanks for the nice comments! Jackie is a real superstar and we are so pleased that she was able to deliver for you. In regards to your comments about breakfast, I will immediately implement a solution that will meet the needs of guests who are looking for a lighter breakfast option. We hope to see you again soon and thanks choosing us!
Greenville, SC
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is a great hotel to stay at if you are in the Baltimore/Washington area. the staff and bar staff is good and the food is also good. I travel 48 weeks each year and this is one of my favorite place to stay when in Baltimore area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jackie M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
We are honored to recieve such a wonderful review! It means so much when it comes from a traveler that is on the road as much as you. Thank you! We look forward to seeing you next time you are in town, happy holidays!
Baltimore County, United States
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My boyfriend & I have been dating for 6 months. We have a very busy/ tight schedule, we work all the time. We don’t live that far from BWI & was told by a co-worker to check out “The Hilton Garden Inn – BWI”. I looked at many hotels & compared different prices. I had 2 amenities that was a “must have”: an indoor pool & gym. The Hilton had a whirlpool, indoor pool & gym! The Hilton Garden wasn’t the cheapest but had good ratings. Sometimes you have to pay for good services. & because I’m a triple A (AAA) member, I was given 10% off. Booking the room was easy! So, I surprised him, with a getaway night stay @ The Hilton Garden Inn- BWI. The parking was great & when we arrived @ the hotel. I must say! The front desk (greeter) was very nice & professional. Checking in was smooth sailing. The room was room was very clean, spacious & had a comfortable / getaway feeling to it. The whirlpool, indoor pool & Gym was just as neat & clean as the room. I felt safe & had a great time. We really enjoyed ourselves! 5 stars Hilton Garden Inn- BWI!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the fantastic review! We are so happy to have been able to provide a place for you guys to get away, even if it was just for a weekend. Maybe you two can stay with us again for your one year anniversary?! Happy New Year and best wishes to the both of you.
Lakeland, Minnesota
Reviewed December 25, 2013

I've stayed in many of the hotels near BWI but this was my first experience at the HGI. It was an average stay, one night, no issues, comfortable room, quiet evening, and very friendly and helpful staff. I'm through BWI several times a year and wouldn't hesitate to stay at this property again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the review. We certainly hope you visit us again. Hopefully, you can stay with us a little longer and we can give you a wonderful experience that you won't forget! Happy Holidays!