“Typical Hilton Garden Inn”

Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed September 2, 2012

On business in Baltimore. Rooms downtown in the inner harbor area are too expensive, plus charge an extra $30 for parking. Just as nice as any other Hilton Garden Inn around the country. Rooms are new and clean. You know what to expect if you have been staying at Hilton Garden Inns. Really good crab cakes in the restaurant. 5 minutes from BWI airport.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank skordane
JackieMHilton, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thank you for your kind review, we really appreciate it! I am glad to hear that you decided to give our hotel a chance instead of staying downtown. If you stay with us again and need transportation to the downtown area, we have a complimentary shuttle service that can take you to the local train station, the train is inexpensive running at $3.50 round trip. Being in Maryland, out hotel really takes pride in our crabcakes, we're glad you had the oppurtunity to try them. We hope to see you again in the future when you are traveling in the BWI area. Thanks again and have a wonderful week!

Reviewed July 6, 2012

I did not actually get to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in due to over booking during the Mid-Atlantic power outages but I was helped by the staff there. While traveling from FLA to ME with my 82 year old mother, I planned on staying somewhere to the north of DC. When I began looking for a hotel for the night I quickly found out that everything within 100 miles was booked. I used a computer to book a room at the Hilton Garden through Hotels.com, got a confirmation number and drove the 20 miles to check in. When I got there I found about 10 other people in line all getting the same information, we did not have a reservation, the hotel was completely booked and the third party reservations did not exist. I wanted to cry and was so bummed but the clerk at the desk was so patient with all of us that were there with no place to go. He took the time to call around to other area hotels and eventually put me in contact with the Hampton Inn at Camden Yards. We got a room at a beautiful hotel and my 13 hour day ended as well as it could have because this guy took the time to help me out when he had lots of others complaining and needing his help. He deserves a huge raise after all he put up with on July 1st.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
JackieMHilton, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the front desk agent even though you didn't actually get to stay with us. I am very sorry that we did have a room for you at our hotel, and you had to travel to another location. But it sounds as if you were very pleased with the assistance of the agent. Thank goodness the outtage is over, it was a horrible week for a lot of residence on the east coast. In the future, I hope you get to stay at our hotel but on better terms. Thanks again for the feedback!

Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

As soon as we walked in, we knew it was bad. Front desk personnel were confused-- would not listen or take the time to connect the dots. As Hilton Gold members, we expect more and are usually happy with Hilton Garden Inns-- this one though is dirty and needs new management. Phones did not work-- could not dial room to room or out if hotel--might send them my cell bill. We were there for a week and it was never resolved. Dirty place with rude staff

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Lalctx
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations, especially when you were here for a week. The hotel was hit by a surprise rush of business since the electricity was out for a large amount of people on the east coast, due to severe weather conditions. We did try our hardest to accommodate everyone to the best of our ability. If this happens again, we hope to be better prepared and provide all of our guest's with a positive experience. Hopefully everyone has their electricity repaired at their homes. I hope you decide to give us another chance in the future, so we may provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

We traveled to Baltimore for the weekend from Philly to see the Phillies game. The hotels at the inner harbor were so exspensive that we decided to look somewhere away from down town. We found the Hilton Garden Inn and since we've stayed at other Hilton Garden Inns we knew it would be a great choice! Although we didnt have the convenience of being so close to the harbor area we didnt mind the 5 minute drive or spending the $25 for the cab. It was well worth the money we saved because the rooms around the harbor were more than double the price. The room was clean and spacious. Employees were very helpful on getting us transporation to the inner harbor. Definitely a great choice!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Thank you so much for your positive review. I'm glad you decided to give us a chance instead of staying closer to the ball park and paying a lot more money. Another option that may save you even more money would be to take local transportation. The hotel has a complimentary shuttle service that runs 24 hours, the shuttle can take you to the local train station which can take you right down to the ball park. The train cost around $3.50 per person round trip, and will run past the time the game is over. I hope this information was helpful, and we look forward to seeing you the next time the Phillies are in town! Happy Fourth of July!

Reviewed June 20, 2012

After planing a mini vacation since April, I wanted to make sure my families time in Baltimore (Legends and Legecies) was going to be a great expereince. During the months of April and May, I checked the reviews for this hotel. So reading and rereading the reviews especially the ones that gave this hotel a poor score did not do me much justice. I will admit I was skeptical because of them, but it was the only hotel that had all the accomedations I was looking for and at a great price. My family and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn June 15 - June17, 2012 ...and My goodness It was amazing! I felt relaxed and at home. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The satff members were freindly. And even when my 2 year old had an accident in the lobby they were understanding. I would definitly recommend this hotel to anyone, especially if you have children. ...I do appologize for any mis-spelled words :) Have a Blessed Day!

Room Tip: The double bed suite was a plus with 2 adults and 2 kids.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ebony K
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Wow, what an awesome review, we really appreciate it! Thanks for giving us the oppurtunity to show you what our hotel is like, despite some of the negative reviews you may have read. We love having families and children at the hotel, it's a change of pace from our usual business travelers. We hope you and your family were able to relax by the pool and have a little fun. If you plan on being in the Baltimore area again, we certainly look forward to you staying with us! Have a great Fourth of July, I hope your litte-one enjoys the fireworks!

Reviewed June 16, 2012

I was here on 6/12-6/13 with one of my employees for business and we both LOVED this place. It's extremely nice & the staff is truly amazing! The have an on-site restaurant--we had breakfast there both mornings! The veggie omelets are DELICIOUS!!! The rooms are clean and spacious! The only setback was traffic to/from downtown DC. This place is fabulous & I will definitely book here again!!! AAAAA+++++++++

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Thanks for your wonderful review! I'm glad that you found our staff to be amazing, we do try really hard to make our guest feel welcome and do whatever we can to be accommodating. I know you tried the breakfast but the dinner is really awesome too! If you are traveling to and from DC and wish to bypass some of the traffic, you could always use the Marc or Amtrak trains. The prices are extremely reasonable, and the complimentary hotel shuttle can take you to the station 24 hours a day. I hope you stay with us soon and have a happy Fourth of July!

Reviewed May 31, 2012

I was due to fly out of BWI early the following morning, so took the train up to BWI, then called the free shuttle to collect me and take me to the Garden Inn. Upon arrival, I found the hotel to be a little dated but more than adequate and all the staff were friendly and helpful.

I ate at the restaurant which was fine, not great, but definitely not bad.

I had the shuttle booked for 5am to take me back to the airport for my early flight. I left my room with the clock reading 455 and it took me no more than two minutes to get to reception where I was informed the shuttle had already left. I looked at my watch and realised that it was actually a couple of minutes after 5am. Fair enough, i thought, there are probably other guests with an early flight, but at least the driver will be back in about 15 minutes, which should give me plenty of time to get my luggage checked for my flight.

510, 515, 520, 525 and 530 came and went and my anxiety grew. I asked at the desk if I should book a taxi, but he assured me the driver would be back in time. He eventually got back about 540, passed something to his friend who had been working the night desk and took me to the airport. "I waited for you" he assured me. "Not very long" part of me thought, although I still appreciated that I was partially to blame - along with the slow running clock.

Well, I was in time for my flight, but too late to check my bag. So I had to pay $50 to change to a slightly later flight. I still figured it was my own fault and if I had been a little earlier, I would have been there in time.

It was once I got through security (which can be slow early in the morning) I started to think back on the morning's events and I realised that the bag the driver had handed to his colleague was a McDonald's bag. There had been no other passengers, he had been on a McDonald's run. If he had waited for me, it had been for precisely one minute and at no point had they bothered to call my room to see where I was, unless they did it when I was in the elevator down.

This aside, the hotel is more than adequate.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business