“Nice hotel.”

Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Lunenburg, Massachusetts
“Nice hotel.”
Reviewed April 1, 2011

We had stayed at another hotel on previous trips and decided to try a new place. I was surprised that we never heard any airplanes like we had at the other hotel. We used the fitness room, which was adequate for what we needed. The room had a fridge and microwave and was roomy enough for us to just hang out for a while. My only complaint was that we had called the front desk for an extra blanket, but on the 3rd call was told the hotel had no more blankets!
ask for a room that doesn't face the trucking comp

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
JackieMHilton, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 14, 2011
Dear Guest,

We are certainly happy to hear that you had a nice experience at our hotel, and hope that you stay with us again in the future. During your next trip, mention to the front desk that you would rather stay on the side of the hotel that isn't close to the road, and we will be more than happy to accommodate your request. If you have any further comments or concerns please contact me directly at 410-691-0507. Thank you again, for your time and feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Dallas
Reviewed March 22, 2011

The room was clean (including the bathroom). Unfortunately, the temperature could not be adjusted unless I wanted to have airport sound effects. Their airconditioning unit is ridiculously loud and unbearable. I kept it off, even though the temperature in the room needed to be adjusted. Also, my room was right above the generators out side and everytime they kicked in, it was as if they were right there in the room. I don't believe housekeeping cleaned the tub on my 3rd day and managed to leave me with at least one towel that had someone else's curly hair entangled in it (ewe). If you're planning on staying here, forget about television. Their channel line-up sux really bad(no Bravo, FX or MTV). As for food, save your money and head next door to Bob Evans or about a block or so away to Ruby Tuesday. This hotel nickel and dimes their guests to death! Local calls are not free and breakfast is over $10. I almost hate going through priceline for hotels since I keep landing at these Garden Inns.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing feedback about your stay at Hilton Garden Inn BWI. Next time you find yourself staying at this property, we can assign you a room that isn't located near the generator, which will cut down on the noise level in your room. We are proud to offer the wide variety of breakfast items that we do; eggs and waffles to order, bacon, sausage, a variety of danishes and muffins, fresh fruit and juice, and other breakfast items. We offer rate packages that offer complimentary breakfast for up to four people, this is a great value. We are happy to announce that you can soon expect to see a new TV line up. The new line up will include many more channels and a much broader variety. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist you. My direct line is 410-691-0507. Thank you for your feedback!
Reviewed March 15, 2011

I stayed here with my husband for a weekend getaway. However during that weekend, the power went out in the area and we were left without any power in the hotel. What could have been a disaster ended up being one of the nicest trips. The staff made all the guests feel safe and provided snacks and games to those who lounged in the lobby bored. The general manager, nice young lady made it a point to speak w everyguest and assist any way shhe could. She helped my husband and I to a restaurant that had power. The front desk staff looked like they really wanted to help everyone and you could tell they had fun at work. The rooms were ok for an older property. Very clean. My husband and I got back around 11pm and to my shock the front desk from earlier was still there and the 2 female managers. They welcomed us back and had ice-cream waiting for us. What service. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed February 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking time to tell us about your stay. We all remember the troubles that the wind created for us on that weekend, including the power outage at the hotel. The staff here tries really hard to go above and beyond for all guests, and we are proud to hear that it is observed and appreciated by guests. We would be honored to have as returning guest to our hotel. If I can be of any assistance, please contact me directly using this number: 410-691-0500. Thank you again for your time and feedback!
Reviewed December 31, 2010

This is my first night's stay at this particular location. I'm staying tomorrow night as well and...I'm terribly baffled at the difference between one HGi to another. I frequent the Albuquerque location much more and this BWI one is pretty awful. Why? Service isn't as friendly, the business they get makes this hotel party central (switched rooms), decal through out the hotel is rotted or badly chipped, carpet stinks and faded and the price for this hotel is 30 bucks more than what I usually pay for at an HGI. Good thing was the service at the Great American Grill. Server was fantastic.

• Stayed January 2011
JackieMHilton, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 19, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. I am very sorry for the lack of service you experienced at our property. As a frequent Hilton Garden Inn goer, you have come to expect a certain level of service, clearly we have dropped the ball, and for that I am apologetic. I am glad to hear that you found the restaurant staff to be accommodating. We take pride on the quality of service that we provide to our guests. We hope that you will give us a chance to change your opinion by staying with us again. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact me directly at 410-691-0500. Thank you for your time, I hope to hear from you in the future!
NYC
Reviewed December 28, 2010

Unfortunately I found this hotel as a last resort as my husband and I were "stranded" in NYC due to the horrific winter storm of December 2010! We needed to get out of NY and get to our vacation destination of barbados! With flights not taking off in NYC for days, we jumped on a train to Washington, DC but missed our flight to Florida and on to barbados, so we ended up at BWI for the night. As a Hilton Gold member, I quickly checked Hilton hotels near BWI airport and came across this one. From the moment we walked into the lobby we were greated with a big smile, and a PERFECT room (thanks to the very helpful night clerk!). We had dee-lish chicken fingers and a much needed drink at the bar before it closed and then retired to our room, where we enjoyed the space and comfort (we were in the large One Bedroom Suite with an extra large bathroom and tub). We requested an extra blanket (check), wake up call (check), excellent hot breakfast (check), and free shuttle bus to the airport (check). We got up early to catch our plane to Florida...all with ease and comfort. Great hotel and never would have found it...but if ever stranded at BWI again, i will be sure to come back and visit this little gem of a hotel!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

We are very sorry for the way the storm affected your trip, but glad you had the chance to stay with us! Thank you so much for your review and comments. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future. If you would like to create a future reservation, please contact me directly and I will set it up for you right away! I can be best reached at 410-691-0507, thanks again!
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed December 2, 2010

I've stayed here and at the Hampton Inn BWI: Hampton Inn wins hands-down, and it is cheaper. The staff here at HGI is a disaster: unfriendly, unhelpful, snarky, ugh. Very inconvenient location if you don't have a car and are trying to find somewhere to eat. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GDRWalkers
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback about your experience. I do apologize for lack of helpfulness from the staff. We continue to ecercise ongoing training with the staff, to be able to provide excellent service. We do provide a complimentary shuttle service to our guest that runs 24-7 and can take you anywhere in a three mile radius. There are some excellent local restaurants in the immediate area. We hope that you give us another shot, and allow us to provide you with the service we pride ourselves on. If you would like to contact me directly, please email me at Jackie.Morrell@Hilton.com, I check this around the clock. Again, thank you for your feedback!
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed December 1, 2010

I grit my teeth whenever I have to stay at this hotel. I am loyal to the Hilton HHonors system and the HGI brand, but everytime I stay at this hotel, I question whether all of that is worth it. Dead-eyed, uninterested staff will toss you the key to a shabby room from the early 90s that doesn't match your online preferences, and send you on your way before returning to the phone call they had to put down before you arrived. I am not one to really nitpick, but the vibe that puts off when you walk in is not necessarily what the "Hospitality Industry" is about. Especially at the prices this place charges per night...

Here's the thing - the BWI Hilton down the road and the Hiltons in Pikesville and Columbia aren't that much better than this, so I am starting to wonder if they are all owned by the same company in Maryland, since this HGI is CLEARLY not corporate owned.

One highlight - the Room Service was really good. So, silver linings and all of that...

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Genghisdon
Dear Guest,

First off, let me apologize for the service you have received. We continue to conduct training courses with the staff, in order to provide better service to all of our guests. We have some great rate packages available year round. We would be honored to have you back, to be able to show you star treatment from our improved staff. If you would like to speak with me regarding your stay or to book upcoming reservations, please contact me at 410-691-0500. We hope you stay with us again, and thank you for being a loyal Hilton Honors Member!