I made my "confirmed" reservation for 4 days/4 people on 4/2/07. When I arrived, an hour and a half early, I was told that the hotel was overbooked and that the suite I had reserved was unavailable. No explanation was given to me as to why the hotel was overbooked, or why I should be the party that had my suite given to someone else. The manager offered to try to locate another hotel for me, but having 3 other people flying into Baltimore from other states, this was not an option. I thought that reserving the suite 2 months in advance would assure me a stress-free trip at a professionally run hotel. I was incorrect. What is their overbooking policy? Is there a standard policy concerning who gets bumped to a lesser room, and who gets to arrive at the last minute and choose whatever room they wish? Why wasn't I notified ahead of my arrival that my reservation wouldn't be honored? Nobody answered these questions. Needless to say, I was not at all happy with the way my visit started. I ended up having to take 2 smaller rooms, on different floors. The larger suite I had reserved was in order to have a large social meeting room - the only reason I booked a reservation with Homewood Suites in the first place. I've been traveling and staying in hotels for decades, and this is the first time I've had a specific room I've reserved, well in advance, be given away with no advanced notice. I was given a small price break, but it in no way compensated my party for the aggravation and lesser accommodations.
I stayed at the Homewood Suites in Linthicum, MD, from 6/6-07 to 6/10/07.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience one of the best hotels at BWI! The Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-BWI Airport hotel is conveniently located less than two miles from the BWI Airport in Baltimore, Maryland. This BWI hotels accommodations are perfect for pleasure, business or extended stay travel due to its wide variety of fabulous amenities. Of hotels at BWI our extended stay Baltimore hotel prides itself on providing the "home away from home" experience that only Homewood Suites can offer. Begin each day with our BWI hotels complimentary Suite Start™ hot breakfast and come home to the Welcome Home® reception (M – Th), featuring a complimentary light meal and beverages (subject to state and local laws).Each spacious room includes a fully equipped kitchen with full size refrigerator, coffee maker & microwave oven, complimentary high speed internet access, and access to on site fitness center and indoor swimming pool and whirlpool.For the business traveler, this BWI hotels proximity to nearby businesses in addition to the on-site business center, complimentary Wireless and hard-wired high-speed internet access and free parking, make the ideal choice of hotels at BWI.This Homewood Suites Baltimore-BWI hotels complimentary 24 hour shuttle service to BWI Airport, the light Rail and the MARC train, will help facilitate your commute around the city. Guests will find a variety of recreational activities, dining and entertainment hot spots around our hotel. Make Yourself At Home® and visit one of the best hotels at BWI. Stay a day, a week or a month at The Homewood Suites by Hilton® Baltimore-BWI Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-BWI Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Baltimore-Bwi Airport Hotel Linthicum
- Homewood Suites Linthicum
- Homewood Linthicum
- Hilton Linthicum
- Linthicum Hilton
- Linthicum Homewood Suites