“Lovely room with a little pillow issue”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-BWI Airport
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I booked my beautiful King-sized room on March 22 for one night before taking a trip to Sacramento California. The room was immaculate, linens crisp and a sparkling white duvet cover. Both the bedroom and living area had large 42" flat screens, tastefully decorated, as one might expect with a Homewood Suite room. I should have taken a picture or two with my phone, a practice I will do from now on, because when I was in California, my husband told me that they had charged an additional $50 and $10 for my taking two king-sized pillows. I denied this and the housekeeping manager affirmed they were missing! To their credit they backed out the charges, I vigorously denied this and I used social media to complain. But they double-checked with their "director of housekeeping" and indeed the pillows were missing. I am not sure how many pillows I was supposed to have started with - 2 or 4 (not including the ones in the closet) but I think I only started with two. Again a photo would have helped prove it. I conversed with the front desk on my way out to the airport shuttle and she didn't see me walk off with the pillows nor did I have any room to stuff them in my single suitcase. So, it was a mix up. Maybe I didn't close my door all the way? Or maybe someone missed the missing pillows I was supposed to have. Other than that, the experience was quite pleasant. I considered renting a movie and decided against it after seeing it cost $14...and you should wait, because if you don't rent one or if you are sitting on the fence about renting one, a pop up comes on and takes $5 off. I arrived on a Saturday and Sunday morning I had breakfast - very nice dining area with flat screen over a stone fireplace and the breakfast was quite good. I would stay there again but like I said, I would take before and after pictures just to document condition, etc. I used the hairdryer, it was quite nice actually, not a cheesey kind that is on the wall. Everything else was well-appointed as you would expect from Homewood Suites. I left the room clean - and left a tip - so I don't know how to explain the missing pillow mystery. I have a queen sized bed and standard pillow cases so i don't know what I would do with king-sized pillows. That the housekeeping "director" stuck to her story, is perplexing...but as I said, they did back the charge out. The hotel has paid laundry if you need it and also has a pool, which I did not use. Free shuttle was very nice. Very close to the airport. The hotel was quiet, tucked away from the road, in a complex that includes other hotels.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-BWI Airport

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Excellent for visiting all locations, Baltimore, DC, Annapolis...wonderful staff, very nice and helpful! Easy access to the freeways, no tolls, free parking at hotel. Food was great and love the suite for the kids.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Missed my flight out of BWI and was rebooked for an early morning flight the next day. So ended up staying at HS BWI for a night. Alejandra, who works at the front desk was great! I called for a shuttle pickup, which took about 5 mins, and she even called me back to make sure the shuttle picked me up. Checkin was fast. The room itself was ok, if not a little dated. I had a king bed suite, which came with a full size fridge, stovetop with pots to cook, etc. standard HS amenities. Shuttle back to the airport was fast (all is on-demand). Hopefully I won't miss another flight, but if I do, at least I know where to stay.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 2, 2014

The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a 2 bedroom suite, so much room. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. They Gave us a fantastic dinner recommendation. The pool lifeguard worked diligently to get our hot tub nice and warm. We slept like so well. We were driving from florida so it was on the way north. The price was fantastic. Only heard one plane for being next to the airport. We will definitely go again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I am a frequent traveler, both for business and with family spending about 25% of annual nights in hotels. This is not the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, but it is the worst Hilton. The one positive is the comfort of the master bed. The list of cons is long, but I will highlight just my top 5:
1) the staff was the most unaccomodating I have ever encountered in any hotel EVER
2) the bed linens were very low quality and just plain gross. I asked for an extra sheet to cover the top of the comforter and was denied "we do not have any extra bedding". Seriously??!!
3) I have a low bar for hotel breakfasts, but this one was so bad we had to chuck our food and pay for breakfast elsewhere
4) the pool had very restricted hours due to a local law requiring lifeguards, which makes it very difficult to swim
5) we are a family of 4 and we stayed 3 nights; housekeeping never refreshed our shampoo or soap or towels. We had to put in special requests for "extra" of these items. Again, seriously??!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank MNwanderers
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Staying during the week while in the area for work and in the process of relocating. The staff is wonderful, the rooms are very comfortable and clean. The hotel is close to the airport and there a number of facilities of great use to travelers during their stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I was traveling with two ladies over 65, my two daughters under 12, plus my sister's family of 3 young boys. Lots of people, but tt was as smooth and easy as possible at the Homewood Suites. Our room, the large 2 bedroom suite, was quite, comfortable, and affordable, with lots of room for all of us to spread out. The amenities of the hotel were very user friendly and convenient. The best part was that even in a big snow storm (we're from the west coast, so not a lot of snow experience) the lot was cleared and ready for driving, along with the adjacent streets, by 6:30 AM when we had to head out. Definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family