“Good Hotel and reasonable”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-BWI Airport
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have stayed in many Homewood suites hotels and have loved them all. I made the mstake of ordering a smoking room this time and that was a mistake because there was no air circulating when I entered and the smell was awful. They should leave the A/C or air fan on when the room is not occupied to at least keep it palatable. I did not smoke in the room at all. In fact I was only in the room between 2am and 5AM. Otherwise what I saw was typical of a suites hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed one night here using Hhonors points. The hotel is a little out of the way and hard to see until you're right on top of it, but we had no trouble finding it.

The hotel's decore is about average for Homewood Suites. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom sink are was spacious.

Minor issues we had included trouble finding the hair dryer. It was in a hanging bag in the closet. It turns out that inside that bag was a working hair dryer that was wall-mountable, but the mount was broken. It made it a bit cumbersome to use.

Also, be warned. There are no ice machines. If you want ice, you have to start the ice maker in the fridge as soon as you get there. We wanted ice and learned the hard way that the only ice maker is in your room.

Hallways were broiling hot despite the cool air coming from the AC.

Breakfast was sub-par for a Homewood Suites. The oatmeal was undercooked and that was the wimpiest bacon I think I've ever seen.

I would likely stay here again if I had the chance as none of the problems I mention were critical. But it does seem that this hotel is missing some of the fine details that could give it an excellent rating.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ltcjwl
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Overall the property is fine but nothing to write home about. It is time for new carpet and linens. The room itself is ample in size with appropriate room amenities. Shuttle to airport was free of any hassles and front desk staff was helpful when needed. Gym on property is very weak. In comparison to the Homewood Suites that I enjoy staying at in St. Louis, this property needs to upgrade itself to stay in line with Homewood Suites qualtiy.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed May 18, 2013

hotel was nice and clean, room was very nice as well as breakfast, beth at front desk quoted us the wrong price for our room at checkout as we were paying cash, when I corrected her she laughed and said quoted my correct room rate with no apologies, I then asked for a receipt, but was unable to get one as beth said the printer was down, I asked her to write me a recepit for the cash and she responded that she could not, so I left the desk frustrated and went back to my room, a few hours later, I went down to get a luggage cart for checkout, there was beth and another male desk clerk who had come on duty, I asked him for a recepit, and magically he printed me one out, I said I see the printer is working now and he apologized for my inconvenience, it would have been nice if beth had had the courtesy of telephoning my room to let me know that the printer was back online, other than that minor incident I will be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed twice before recent flights out of BWI. One time did park and flight which was great, timely, and helpful. Other time was for shorter trip so quickly drove to express parking within five minutes. Rooms were quite, clean and spacious. Breakfast was a little cold and not so tasty but breakfast area was clean. Gym was great.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tom B
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This hotel is nice enough for what it costs. It's not fancy and new but it'll do just fine. I am not saying it is a four star stay, more like 3, but I consider money value. The breakfast left something to be desired and they could go a long way serving it on ceramic plates and coffee mugs. Everything is Styrofoam which is not only terrible for the environment, but it is not pleasant at all to eat from. Avoid the "hot" selection of the buffet as it is not good and cold. Their hash browns were still frozen inside. I guess this is why they had a microwave there so people could heat their breakfasts. We complained about the potatoes and were sent bottled drinks and cookies as a bribe to like them, which I guess worked since I am giving them a very good rating, barely deserved.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Atalanta8
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My delegation stayed at this hotel during a business trip and we found the hotel to be very comfortable and a great place to relax after a long day of meetings. The staff went above and beyond to make this stay outstanding.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business