“This place felt like home! STAY HERE! Wifi only in the lobby though.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-BWI Airport

Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-BWI Airport
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Locust Grove, VA
“This place felt like home! STAY HERE! Wifi only in the lobby though.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

I cannot say enough good about this hotel. The room was spacious and clean, which was a huge plus, but what really set this place apart for me and my family was the staff. What a wonderful goup of people. It really did feel like coming home each night. From front desk to food preparation to pool staff, everyone was so friendly and seemed genuinely concerned about their guests, as opposed to just doing their jobs. Lauri Reynolds was particularly friendly and was very helpful when I got stuck at work and could not go get my family until later in the day. They got a later check out and were allowed to just hang out, swim, and enjoy the place until I got there. Could not have asked for a better hotel stay. AMAZING!

Room Tip: You only have wired internet in the rooms. Wireless is only available in the lobby. Bring a hub an...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
bsery, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-BWI Airport, responded to this review, September 1, 2011
Thank you for your very nice comments. We are so pleased we provided you and your family with the kind of experience we pride ourselves on. I have shared your comments with Lauri and the team. We will look forward to having you all back to your "home away from home" in the future!

Barbara Sery

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

Several family members stayed at the Homewood Suites in Linthicum, MD in late August, 2011. It did not meet our expectations in two key areas as compared to other HW Suites I have stayed at: cleanliness and food service.

We arrived early and asked for an early check-in but since the room wasn't ready, we went to grab a bite to eat at a nearby restaurant before coming back 2 hours later. The hostess said it should take about 30 minutes to prepare the room. I thought that 2 hours would have give them more than enough time to prepare the room. We stayed in one of the 2 bedroom suites - King BR with bath and 2D BR with bath plus separate kitchen/dining/sitting area. All of the rooms were adequately cleaned but the dishes that were left in the dishwasher were dirty - and I mean with food still stuck to them. The early check-in is no excuse for this oversight.

The next morning when we went down to the lobby to eat breakfast I asked my son how it was. He said the eggs tasted 'fake' and the sausage was like 'cardboard'. Indeed, the eggs were not prepared like I have come to expect at HW Suites and the sausage was tasteless. I don't know if this is a southern/northern thing but regardless most of the HW Suites I've stayed at in my home state of NC and other southern states have better breakfasts. I don't remember that being the case when my wife and stayed at the HW Suites near Philly last fall though. My recollection is that the food was good. At any rate, we chose not to eat breakfast there at the hotel. As a side note, when I eat the complimentary breakfasts at hotels and the food and service is good, I will tip the food prep people simply as a courtesy and to let them know I appreciate their work to make our stay pleasant.

Cleanliness and food service are two of the most important areas when I'm in a hotel so this HW Suites was disappointing.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our Homewood Suites hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you encountered. Dirty rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We also regret we were not able to provide you with the quality of food you expected. We are constantly working to improve our menu offerings and your comments will help us improve in this area. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms and food meet the highest standards in the future. We hope you will give us a second chance if you visit our area in the future.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

I just returned home from my week ling trip up in Maryland. I can say, this has been a horrible week because my sleep, and hotel stay, was a complete disaster. When I checked in this past Sunday, I was able to relax for a few hours once I got into my room. I decided to order in from a local restaurant. After having the food in my room for about 20 minutes, I noticed ants coming in the room. After about an additional 10 minutes, my room was completely overan with ants. The receptionist was nice enough to give me another room at 11pm, which was completely on the other side of the hotel. Imagine having to re-pack everything when you are already exhausted! To make a long story short, over the next few days, my air conditioning stopped working twice, and my new room also got infested with ants on the last night of my stay. I did a little detective work to see where these ants were coming from. I followed them out into the main corriders, and was finally able to see them coming out of one of the sections of carpet. Since it was so late I decided to just get up early and leave without causing a big fuss. This was by far my worst Hilton stay ever. If you want a peaceful place to stay, I definitely won't recommend this place!

• Stayed August 2011
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank mkroe0001
Thank you for your review. I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations in order to continue providing our guests with a great experience. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and promise the situation has been addressed. We hope that you consider staying with us the next time you are in Baltimore!

Spencer, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

I have never felt so welcomed by a hotel. The entire staff went out of their way to ensure that we felt like a welcomed part of their family. We were in town to visit our daughter, and the shuttle not only gave us transportation to and from the airport, light rail and metro stations, but also gave us a ride to and from dinner at our daughter's very near-by house. Breakfast was very good, and well tended by the same caring staff. When the time came to close service for the morning, the lady tending to our needs welcomed you to get anything you still needed before she put things away. She kept everything spotless and well filled at all times. The desk help were helpful and friendly, which was the reason I originally booked at this hotel. We will be staying here the next time we visit Baltimore.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
bsery, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-BWI Airport, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I am so pleased to hear you had the "home away from home" experience we love to give our guests. As a Homewood Suites we pride ourselves on treating our guests like they are part of our family. I have shared your comments with my hotel family and we will all look forward to having you back with us again soon!
Lawnside, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

I always enjoy staying at Homewood Suites and this was your typical Homewood Suites. My family and I stayed here while visiting family in Glen Burnie. Upon check-in, the poor desk clerk was there alone and seemed a a bit frustrated with working the desk with customers over the counter and on the phone. I joked that he must be having a rough time working the desk alone, but he didn't seem to find me amusing! LOL. The two room suites with kitchenette are always great. The room was clean and neat. We only stayed one night and on the weekend, so we were not able to utilize the pool or the Manager's Reception (which is free light dinner during the week). My only dissapointment was breakfast, which though plentiful, was not very tasty. However, everyone working the breakfast area were very nice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
bsery, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-BWI Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. We are a great place to stay! You really can't beat our value and quality. The Suite Start Breakfast is a signature of our Homewood Suites and I was disappointed that you did not find something to your liking with all we have to offer. I hope you will come back and stay with us again...and this time try the great evening reception we have every Monday through Thursday.

Ardmore, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

awesome service from the front deck to the staff.Plus the breakfast was pretty good for free.The service was one of the best i have had at any hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
bsery, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-BWI Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2011
Thank you for your great comments on the staff and the service you experienced. We always want our guests to have a stay that not only meets but exceeds expectation! We want you to feel welcomed and for this to be your home away from home. We will look forward to having you back with us again!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

I had not really intended to stay in the Baltimore Area since my final destination was Reston,VA. However, due to cheap Southwest flights to BWI, I chose to fly to BWI instead of Dulles.

Initially, I had some misgivings about staying at this Hotel, since I was not sure they had a free shuttle which serviced the BWI airport. Also, I was not sure if they had a 24 hour shuttle, since my flight was scheduled to arrive at BWI around midnight. A quick call to the Hotel confirmed that they have a 24 hour service to and from the BWI airport.
On arriving at the BWI airport, I called the Hotel and requested the shuttle. This Hotel was not listed in the Hotels that could be called from the free phone close to Baggage Area. It took probably about 20 minutes for the shuttle to arrive which I think was longer
than other area Hotels, since in the mean time I did see other Hotel shuttles arrive at the terminal for picking up travellers.

Check in was quick and I was given a good suite. Breakfast was standard Homewood Suites fare, though I did not find Oatmeal as an option. Cereal was provided in Cereal containers, they did not have tiny cereal boxes available.

This Hotel provides free shuttle service to Amtrack/MARC BWI.

They do not have Wireless Internet and I had to contact Technical Support to get the Wired Internet Access code since typing in my last name and hotel number did not seem to work. I wish they had provided me the access code during check in, this would have at least made it unnecessary to make a phone call in the dead of the night.

Overall this is a good place to stay. Although I would say this is closer to average if I compare with other Homewood suites I stayed in the past year. I cannot comment on the value for money since I used HHONORS points for the stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Thank erase.ego
bsery, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-BWI Airport, responded to this review, July 13, 2011
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. We are fortunate to be conveniently located to the BWI Airport with the great airfares and service they offer to the Metro Baltimore-Washington area. As you mentioned, unlike many of the hotels in our area, we do provide 24 hour complimentary shuttle service to the airport, light rail and train station, and was happy to hear this worked out for you. I am sorry that you had some issues with accessing our complimentary wired internet service. At this time we are looking into adding wireless service to the hotel, we are always looking to add value to the guest experience. We appreciate our Hilton HHonors members and hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future.