“Good Place to stay for a night”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I needed a place close to the airport, but also close to downtown. All the downtown hotels were 3x as much. This place had everything you needed- clean, comfortable, safe, good breakfast, quick internet, free parking. Overall no complaints

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed May 30, 2011

My husband's company booked a room for him as he had a very early flight from BWI the following day. We arrived late, and as we pulled in we saw the parking lot was full, usually a good sign. There were lacrosse championships taking place in Baltimore this weekend, so there were a lot of rooms occupied, but we did not hear a sound. The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. The room had a fridge and a microwave, a flat screen TV and a little desk. The amenities were bare bones, IE shampoo and soap, but there was a sign stating that if you had forgotten something, ask at the desk.
On the first floor there was a modest exercise room, and a computer with internet (free) and free wi fi in the hotel. The free breakfast in the morning was in full swing at 5:00 AM and it was good. There were waffles,boiled eggs,yogurt,muffins,cereal,milk,juice,fruit, bagels,coffee, and tea. The shuttle to the airport runs 24/7 and was free and efficient. For the price, if I had to stay at an airport hotel, I would stay here again. One last word, I did notice an ashtray in our room-I have a cold so I did not notice if there was a smoky smell, but if you are sensative to a smoke smell, you might want to ask for a non smoking room.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2011

Got here very late at night, but luckily others were also arriving from the same flight and staying at this hotel. Coming into the driveway, we could see that the parking lot was full of cars, so this is a popular place to stay.

The facilities were nice and clean, and considering that we stayed just about 8 hours before leaving the next morning it fit the bill. The room had a mini-fridge and free wifi.

The only problem with the hotel that I had was check-in. There was only one lady who was doing check-in and answering the phones. I really felt sorry for her. They really should have more staffing. Although I was the second person at the counter off of the shuttle, I was actually the last person who got the keys to my room. There were pilots from the airlines, and although they arrived after me, it was clear that they were the priority. So, in the end, I got up to my room, on the fifth floor, only to find that it only had a king sized bed (there are 4 of us, so we ordered 2 queen beds). The fifth floor was quite smoky and so was the room. So, it was back down to the registration lady to fix this, which took another 20 minutes (because there were more pilots fixing their billing problems). Finally, we got our room on the 3rd floor, which was not smoky and was very clean.

My main concern, though, is that I had reserved my room 3 weeks before, so you would have thought that they would have had the room reserved as I requested (2 queens). The check in was really the most ineffective check in that I have encountered. We started checking in at 12 midnight and didn't get situated into our room until 1:30am.

The Shuttle was great. That is one of the things that I would definitely recommend. It dropped us off at the BWI Express bus and we were able to transition to the Greenbelt metro station from there easily. Continental Breakfast was okay, with waffle maker, fresh fruit, juices, toast and hard boiled eggs. Sheets and bed were nice, but the pillows I felt were a bit flat.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank SunnyDTraveler
Reviewed April 1, 2011

We stayed at La Quinta's across the country because they all allow our dog. Usually they are awesome and we have very little if any complaint. This one was more expensive than most (about $30 more than what we usually pay presumably due to location near the airport) and it was nothing to write home about. There was toothpaste still on the bathroom counter and mirror. Beds were not very comfortable and the over all feel of the hotel was old and a little dingy. Not a bad place for a 1 night stay if you have pets. If you don't, there are better places in the area. If you stay in the area, I recommend you order dinner from Season's pizza which is just down the street. We had lasagna from there and it was amazing, in expensive, and fast.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I needed a quick overnight hotel becaise I was flying into Baltimore at night and out the next morning. The price was right ($89 gov't rate) and the airport shuttle runs 24 hours. The breakfast starts at 4 or 5 a.m. and is decent enough. Not a vacation resort, and a small room, but for close, quick and economical to the airport, I recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Originaly booked for 2 nights and decided to only stay one night. Was informed it was booked through Travelocity and I would have to deal with them to cancel. The motel told me it was no problem, but I'm going through hell trying to get my money back. They lied and Travelociity is crap, for lack of a better term.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2010

I stayed here for 2 nights with my boyfriend and our friend for a convention being held at the Baltimore Convention Center. Before booking the hotel, I figured since the center is only about 10 minutes away that we would just drive but after experiencing the city traffic, we found a great option provided by the hotel; the hotel has a shuttle that both takes guests to the airport and the Light Rail. All we had to do was tell the person at the front desk that we need a shuttle and it was there within 5 - 10 minutes and then we would call the shuttle when we needed picked up at the Light Rail; it was perfect and saved so much money!!! The room was a nice modern style (none of that cheap hotel decor and floral bed spreads), the beds were very soft and comfy, the tv was HUGE, the bathroom was spacious, and the room had great air conditioning. The halls were warm compared to the rooms, but it didn't bother us since we weren't sitting around in the halls. The breakfast was very good, and better than expected. They had waffles that you could make on the spot, with bagels, toast, cereal, coffee, apple juice, orange juice, and very good breakfast muffins (like blueberry and banana nut). The ONLY negative thing I found with this hotel, and it was a very very minor one, is that the hall way smelled a bit musty (kind of like cigarette smoke, but not as strong), and it was slightly present in the hotel room as well (although much less noticeable). The pictures they have online for this hotel are exactly how the hotel looks, too. I will definitely consider booking this room again if I am in the area.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business