“Good enough for a 1 night stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
San Diego, CA
“Good enough for a 1 night stay”
Reviewed April 20, 2011

Got here very late at night, but luckily others were also arriving from the same flight and staying at this hotel. Coming into the driveway, we could see that the parking lot was full of cars, so this is a popular place to stay.

The facilities were nice and clean, and considering that we stayed just about 8 hours before leaving the next morning it fit the bill. The room had a mini-fridge and free wifi.

The only problem with the hotel that I had was check-in. There was only one lady who was doing check-in and answering the phones. I really felt sorry for her. They really should have more staffing. Although I was the second person at the counter off of the shuttle, I was actually the last person who got the keys to my room. There were pilots from the airlines, and although they arrived after me, it was clear that they were the priority. So, in the end, I got up to my room, on the fifth floor, only to find that it only had a king sized bed (there are 4 of us, so we ordered 2 queen beds). The fifth floor was quite smoky and so was the room. So, it was back down to the registration lady to fix this, which took another 20 minutes (because there were more pilots fixing their billing problems). Finally, we got our room on the 3rd floor, which was not smoky and was very clean.

My main concern, though, is that I had reserved my room 3 weeks before, so you would have thought that they would have had the room reserved as I requested (2 queens). The check in was really the most ineffective check in that I have encountered. We started checking in at 12 midnight and didn't get situated into our room until 1:30am.

The Shuttle was great. That is one of the things that I would definitely recommend. It dropped us off at the BWI Express bus and we were able to transition to the Greenbelt metro station from there easily. Continental Breakfast was okay, with waffle maker, fresh fruit, juices, toast and hard boiled eggs. Sheets and bed were nice, but the pillows I felt were a bit flat.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SunnyDTraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Gardner, Kansas
Reviewed April 1, 2011

We stayed at La Quinta's across the country because they all allow our dog. Usually they are awesome and we have very little if any complaint. This one was more expensive than most (about $30 more than what we usually pay presumably due to location near the airport) and it was nothing to write home about. There was toothpaste still on the bathroom counter and mirror. Beds were not very comfortable and the over all feel of the hotel was old and a little dingy. Not a bad place for a 1 night stay if you have pets. If you don't, there are better places in the area. If you stay in the area, I recommend you order dinner from Season's pizza which is just down the street. We had lasagna from there and it was amazing, in expensive, and fast.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I needed a quick overnight hotel becaise I was flying into Baltimore at night and out the next morning. The price was right ($89 gov't rate) and the airport shuttle runs 24 hours. The breakfast starts at 4 or 5 a.m. and is decent enough. Not a vacation resort, and a small room, but for close, quick and economical to the airport, I recommend it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Originaly booked for 2 nights and decided to only stay one night. Was informed it was booked through Travelocity and I would have to deal with them to cancel. The motel told me it was no problem, but I'm going through hell trying to get my money back. They lied and Travelociity is crap, for lack of a better term.

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Harrisburg
Reviewed August 4, 2010

I stayed here for 2 nights with my boyfriend and our friend for a convention being held at the Baltimore Convention Center. Before booking the hotel, I figured since the center is only about 10 minutes away that we would just drive but after experiencing the city traffic, we found a great option provided by the hotel; the hotel has a shuttle that both takes guests to the airport and the Light Rail. All we had to do was tell the person at the front desk that we need a shuttle and it was there within 5 - 10 minutes and then we would call the shuttle when we needed picked up at the Light Rail; it was perfect and saved so much money!!! The room was a nice modern style (none of that cheap hotel decor and floral bed spreads), the beds were very soft and comfy, the tv was HUGE, the bathroom was spacious, and the room had great air conditioning. The halls were warm compared to the rooms, but it didn't bother us since we weren't sitting around in the halls. The breakfast was very good, and better than expected. They had waffles that you could make on the spot, with bagels, toast, cereal, coffee, apple juice, orange juice, and very good breakfast muffins (like blueberry and banana nut). The ONLY negative thing I found with this hotel, and it was a very very minor one, is that the hall way smelled a bit musty (kind of like cigarette smoke, but not as strong), and it was slightly present in the hotel room as well (although much less noticeable). The pictures they have online for this hotel are exactly how the hotel looks, too. I will definitely consider booking this room again if I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank JayJayKetch
sedona, arizona
Reviewed June 17, 2010

This is my all time favorite airport hotel. it is clean, rooms are well kept, staff is friendly and helpful and the shuttle runs anytime I fly in. we leave our vehicle here sometimes with the park/sleep/fly rate and it has always been safe. This hotel has all my stars because they take good care of the hotel and their patrons. I always feel welcome when we have the chance to stay here. Do yourself a favor and book this hotel the next time you are planning on staying at BWI.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 30, 2010

We chose this hotel because of the great weekly rate. Our room included a fridge, coffee maker and microwave. This hotel is clean, modern and a few steps up from a Red Roof or Motel 6.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple