Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWl Airport - International Dr.
Ranked #26 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed May 22, 2012

This place should be avoided like the plague. It smells, the staff is less than helpful and it does not feel safe. I had to break into my own room after the door latch locked behind me.... the staff had no way to open the door... I have stayed in many hotels across the world and this place more suited to a 3rd world country. Never, ever, ever stay here.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank The_Traveler_La
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Our sincerest apologies for the unpleasant experience . Please be assured that we are addressing the conditions mentioned in your review and are taking preventative measures to improve room quality and guest service. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention so that we can better serve our guests.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

AVOID THIS PLACE! IT'S NASTY! IT'S A DUMP RUN BY GHETTO THUGS AND THEIVES! SAVE YOURSELF THE AGGRAVATION!
Don't stay at this hotel, from the outside it looks ok and is surrounded by nicer hotels, but don't be fooled by the exterior.
Homestead Studio Suites Hotel is a filthy dump managed and run by ghetto thugs. The rooms are filthy and the sheets are one step away from being used as rags. I found a drug pipe on the floor by a chair, so you know they were too lazy to move the chair to clean the room or vacuum by the chair.

Although Homestead Studio Suites Hotel advertises that they will match and beat advertised rates, Ms. Poncedar Pinkney the hotel manager refuses to match lower advertised rates and pulls a bait and switch and then overbills your credit card and sends her ghetto thug colleagues to harrass, intimidate, steal and toss your belongings on the curb. Homestead Studio Suites Hotel in Linthicum should be condemned and put out of business.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Robin7798
ChristopherTM, Owner at Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWl Airport - International Dr., responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

The experience you described is truly regrettable. As this hotel’s owner, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff, and we will be making changes to ensure that no other guest has a similar experience. We take your review very seriously and we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better.

Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I had to cut my stay short after 2 nights, because the rooms smelled and needed major repairs. When I arrived I found food in the refrigerator and the bathroom was disgusting. The only thing that was a plus was the lady that checked us in, she was very nice and helpful. I contacted the national office to discuss my concerns and no one returned my call. The pictures will tell the story of how bad the room was......to bad I can't post pictures of the smell........

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank beutifulmind2
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWl Airport - International Dr., responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Baltimore - BWl Airport. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

Enjoyed our stay here!!! Family orientated....close & convenient to various places & things to do...cooked a turkey in our microwave...when I needed additional plates, bowls, utensils the staff was very quick to get them...We are pleased to say that once we leave we will be more than happy to recommend to others!!!!! THANK YOU HOMESTEAD!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeffrey F
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWl Airport - International Dr., responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Baltimore - BWl Airport. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

The rate was what appealed to me since I was staying 4 nights in the area but you get what you pay for. I had to request the sheets be changed right away as found hairs on pillow and maid doesn't bother wiping very visible dirty fingerprints off walls and cabinets. Outside area included a dirty teeshirt laying on ground all day. Room itself isn't very big but adequate for one or two people and fridge is good size. Not much to cook with utensil-wise so take your own if making meals.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank 2seniorcitizens
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWl Airport - International Dr., responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Baltimore - BWl Airport. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

I checked into this hotel in between travel for my next destination. The rooms could use some updating but none the less it was cozy, clean and extremely coveniently located to BWI Airport. Nice choice of restaurants nearby and best of all it's nice on the wallet. Very reasonably priced for cleanliness and comfort! I would stay again!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Tesur
Reviewed October 16, 2011

The staff was very nice. Here's the BUT: but the room was less than desirable.

My first room had a funny odor and they gladly moved me.

The second room also had a funny smell although not as bad.
The only way the TV would work is if I unplugged then plugged it each time I used it. This was brand new flat panel.
The mattress was like a rock.

I will never stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business