“Comfortable and Convenient”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We stayed here the night before a flight we had the next day. It is very convenient to the airport plus they offer a shuttle service and allowed us to leave our car in their parking lot at a fraction of the cost of what you would pay at BWI. The breakfast bar offered a variety of food and the area was kept clean and stocked. The room was also clean and the bed very comfortable. If you are a light sleeper you may hear planes once in a while but that can be expected so near the airport. It was not bad enough to be disruptive. There is a nearby Chili's if you need a evening meal. We found all of their personnel to be friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ebony H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

sayhi2tinee, I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I'll be sure to let our Room attendant know that they did an excellent Job providing you with that Marriott service, Hopefully the next time your travels bring you in the BWI area you can get a chance to enjoy our hot breakfast.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

The Fairfirld Inn is a new property at BWI. breakfast was the best, they had fresh fruit, turkey bacon and most of the breakfast person was awesome.
we did experiernce one small problem, we waited 20 minute for the shuttle driver to take us to dinner besides that everything was great.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to compliment us, we appreciate your pleasant comments about our hotel and staff. Thank you so much for your kind words, and hopefully we'll see you again soon!

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I really like this hotel and stay here when I get the chance but while this property isn’t that old and it still looks good it’s clear they don’t do a good job of routine maintenance. My AC just stopped dead and it was already evening so I did what the maintenance folks would do; checked the filters. They were totally clogged with dust. I washed them off in the shower, let the unit cool down and it worked again. The radio part of the clock radio was shot and I noticed a thick layer of dust across the shade top and bulbs of the bedside lamp. No channel guide available in the hotel binder in the room. On a positive note I had a friendly check-in experience, the high-speed internet wasn’t too fast (1.9 Mbps) but connected quickly and was stable, nice large TV and several of the channels were HD. Breakfast was less than stellar; no yogurt, no bananas but I was told that the supply truck would be in soon. Staples ought to arrive a day or two before they are needed. The lobby and public areas are very upscale, they just need to step routine maintenance up a notch so it will remain a nice hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

30-State Traveler, Thank you for your review. I am sharing your review with the entire team, specifically the Maintenance department as the issues you mentioned should have been fixed before you arrived. Thank you again for your comments, we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I stayed in March and had a poor experience. Overfull parking lot and the hotel staff (Sales Managers Weatherford idea) to allow tour busses to park in the fire lane overnight while they block off multiple parking spaces with orange cones to accommodate the bus. Room was not clean, found a bag of diapers (clean thankfully) under the bed along with numerous kid's toys my first night. The hotel staff was advised about these issues and they didn't seem to care. It seemed like status quo at the hotel .

After my stay I received an email request to fill out an online customer satisfaction survey which I did. I completed the survey and expressed my concerns. I then received an email from Sales Manager Weatherford inquiring about my unsatisfactory stay. I replied back to the Sales Manager and never received a reply.

I decided to contact Marriott customer service because I thought they would want to know and help. They did prompt a reply from Weatherford who conveniently claimed he never received my email. I find that very hard to believe. When Weatherford finally replied he acknowledged and apologized for the issues I had at the hotel. He even told me that parking the tour bus in the line lane was his idea for convenience to those customers as parking is difficult. He even provided me with some additional Marriott reward points. Unfortunately he never provided me with a remedy so this type of issues won't happen again.

After three requests to Weatherford, I emailed General Manager Harvin. I did not receive a timely response from Harvin so I again contacted Marriott customer support. With their help, I was then able to get a reply. General Manager Harvin apologized but was unable to provide me with a corrective course of action so these issues won't happen again.

I decided to contact Marriott customer support as I believed they would want to know that my issue was not resolved. I received a reply from Geoff Edwards a
Marriott Guest Experience Supervisor. To my surprise, he told me that this issue was handled appropriately as the hotel replied to my requests and that my request to know what specific corrective course of action would NOT be answered. He deemed that as internal matters and they are not able to discuss. He then told me that the matter was closed.

So here I am, please don't take my word only that there are issues at this hotel. Read other postings and you will see that there are multiple complaints regarding the same issues: parking, cleanliness, and hotel staff. Without the hotel providing clear corrective actions to prevent this from happening he future, I would recommend that there are better hotel choices near BWI.

I am disappointed with Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI and Marriott.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel. There are better hotel choices near BWI.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank J T

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, I have shared your comments with the team and these items are being addressed so that they do not happen in the future. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you in the future so that you may see the changes that have been made. Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel and staying with us.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

I have not one criticism about the Fairfield Inn & Suites but the parking was interesting. The staff and rooms in this facility were excellent but finding a place to park was difficult, especially upon our return from dinner. My husband and I surmised that it must be the fact that people are allowed to park their cars while they are flying out to another destination. This was quite annoying and I know that we weren't the only ones "vexed" by this situation. This stay was just one overnight so it is difficult to give a fair evaluation of this situation.

Room Tip: I have no tips to share.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Our group of hoteliers like to stay here because of the location, close to the airport and the group's favorite restaurant, Rangoli. The staff here always is on top of things making our meetings and stay enjoyable. Adam the Sales Manager is the best. The rooms are up to date and clean.

Room Tip: The hotel is willing to drive you to area restaurants if you find yourself without a car.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments about our hotel. We're so glad you were able to enjoy your time with us, if it was just for a meeting. Hopefully you'll be back soon!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Chose this hotel for proximity to BWI. Checked in and met Monica at the front desk, she was very helpful. The room was okay, the bathroom shower could use some new caulking, the toilet does sound have an explosive flush. Although the room wasn't top notch clean but it was comfortable.
I used the shuttle service when I dropped off my rental car and the driver was prompt and polite.

The dysfunctional side of things was the check out, I asked to switch the credit card used to pay the bill and the girl at the front desk seemed to be in a fog. A supervisor came out and quickly addressed the transaction with a smile. They seemed distracted and come to find out they could not locate the keys to the shuttle van, no worries as they immediately called the Spring Hill Suites van to pick me up and it worked out great. Things aren't always perfect but they really tried to assist me when asked and it was appreciated.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Ebony H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2014

Dear Pincity, We appreciate the time you have take taken to submit your comments to Trip Advisor about your stay in our hotel. I'm glad Monica was able to help you at check-in, and we apologize we did not meet your expectations at check-out. I hope you will give us another try when you are in the Baltimore area. Thank you again for your feedback and hope to see you again soon!