“One Night Before an Early Flight”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed January 13, 2014

The Fairfield Inn & Suites is well situated for an overnight before an early flight at BWI. It is very easy to get from the hotel to the airport in the morning, either by their free shuttle or by driving. On this trip, I chose to drive the hotel to the airport and was there in less than 10 minutes (hitting a few red lights).

I had a double-double room and it was clean and well appointed. The hotel has a few quirky features, including a night light over the mini refrigerator that I had trouble turning off. A quick call to the front desk had that solved (a switch between the mini fridge and the cabinet above) and all was well. The AC/heat unit worked well, but the walls are a little thin, so you might want to turn on the unit's fan to provide white noise.

My only complaint about the room was a few minor things in the bathroom. First, there were spots where the wallpaper was peeling (normal) that showed mold underneath. Not a major issue, but kinda gross. Second, the soap holder in the shower was broken. Again, not a major issue, but when I put the soap down, the metal bars parted and everything went tumbling.

Overall, I would absolutely stay again. The staff was friendly and it looked like the free breakfast would have been good if I hadn't had to leave before it started at 6 am.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport

Reviewed January 7, 2014

So, first off, this hotel is beautiful. The disappointing part is that the cleaning staff sucks. We first stayed three weeks ago. I noticed a lonely cheeto by the area that the bed meets with the nightstand. I also noticed a couple of hairs in the bathroom (small ones, the kind that could be missed by the cleaning staff). I brushed it off since no hotel's cleaning staff is perfect (which it should be considering what you are paying!!).

Fast forward 3 weeks, I stayed here again and by chance was given the same room. Well the cheeto was still in the same place, there was hair in the bathroom again, and a former resident's coffee spill on the nightstand had not been cleaned. The nightstand was sticky and you could see it. How did the cleaning staff miss that? Oh, and there was a VISIBLE tear in the pillow sham.

It is sad considering that the place is nice. I can see this being another rundown hotel in the BWI vicinity in a couple of years if they don't do anything about the cleaning staff. Can't say I'll be coming back. Shame on you Marriott!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 101FoodLover
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Staying at the local hotels before an early morning flight is a way I treat myself to a relaxed vacation. This, for me, means using the convenient shuttle service and parking for the duration of my stay.

This was my first stay and I found all the compliments of other guests were true. I did not expect to get much of a breakfast because I had to be at the airport so early. Much to my surprise much of the selection was available and the staff was cordial. I was able to select from all of the breakfast items due to extra effort of staff to accommodate me. I left town in a very good mood expecting the return to be effortless. That was NOT to be.

Upon my return I called to request the shuttle and was told to wait at a specific location. After 20 minutes I called again and was told that the driver had not gotten the message. He would be there in 10 minutes. 12 minutes later I called again. After an hour I was finally picked up and was quite angry since the hotel is less than 10 minutes away. The driver had been told the wrong pick up area! It was after midnight when I arrived home after an hour's drive! The final insult was that management did not respond to my report of this experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Phyl38
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Stayed here recently and loved the hotel. The rooms are well equiped and very large in size. We had a king with a sofa-bed that was in mint condition. The rooms were extremely clean and bed were comfortable. The hotel is about 5min away from the BWI airport and the staff was very friendly. There is free wifi and breakfast. The hot breakfast is standard eggs, bacon, and waffles, but not bad for a free meal.

Will definitely be back if the area and need a place close to the hotel.

Room Tip: Room away from the elevator
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Desi_traveler_77
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Due to unforeseen circumstances I needed a place to stay for the night. This place was the best quality as well as the best bargain. From the moment I entered the lobby the atmosphere was very welcoming. The staff were extremely courteous and helpful. My room was immaculate. If you are flying in or out of BWI, this hotel is very convenient to both Washington DC and Baltimore. I would definitely recommend Fairfield Inn to anyone. Once again, thanks!!!

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank DCO85
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My stay was AWESOME and the staff were "Exceptional"... Not to mention the Hotel is really well kept and Newly Built. So everything was in Great condition. My children had a ball in the swimming pool which doesn't close till 10pm most night. And Breakfast was Great as well. I would definitely come back again. Thank you a bunch to "Charlie, Ebony, and Will" for thier Great Customer Service during our stay!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the King Suite (Room 215) which was extremely roomy and included a King bed, a Pull out...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Antoinette C
Reviewed November 19, 2013

A travel companion and I stayed at this hotel prior to our 6 AM flight out of BWI. The hotel was ok and could use some intense cleaning. The staff was not organized . We requested shuttle service to the airport. The desk clerk informed us that the shuttle would be ready at 4:05 AM. At 4:00 there were several of us waiting for the shuttle, at 4:20 AM the clerk informed us that driver was not coming. Franticly she called another hotel to pick us up. After 10 minutes the shuttle arrived. There were people on the bus that was worried that they would miss their flight.

We left our vehicle at the hotel and purchased the long term parking permit. We arrived back from our trip. We contacted the hotel requested an airport pickup. It took the hotel one hour and 10 minutes to send a shuttle. We contacted the hotel several times and was given a different answer and ETA by all. I dont recommend dealing with this establishment.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends