“New, clean and nice and safe”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed January 23, 2012

My husband is staying here extended-stay while working out of town. Kids and I visited him over the weekend and found the hotel new, clean and safe. Housekeeping did a fine job every day, the freebie breakfast was nice and set up well with hot, fresh foods and drinks. Lobby was well presented with staff available any time you needed someone.

There were computers (free usage) in the lobby. Also an indoor pool and exercise room but we didn't use either.

We were in a king suite, which was spacious with a pull-out sofa and a nice desk area and TWO tv sets. Fridge and micro in room and everything was clean. Bathroom was very nice and large - no tub though, but we didn't care.

I'd like to make special note to the nice front desk employee who was working the night of January 20th. He helped my son configure his Nintendo 3-DS to work with the Wi Fi. I'm so sorry I can't remember your name, but I remember your face and thanks for your help.

I can recommend the Fairfield Inn, BWI.

Room Tip: The king suite had a spacious glass shower but not a bath tub - so if you like to soak, check which...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Ebony H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Thank you for your comments about our hotel. We’re so glad you were able to enjoy your time with us, even if it was just for the weekend. Hopefully you’ll be back soon!

Reviewed January 6, 2012

I travel all over the country and find this property a great place to stay. The staff is responsive and the property is great. I conducted a national sales meeting at our headquarters close by and, I must say it was a wonderful place to have everyone stay. Will definately be back.

Room Tip: Haven't had a bad one yet. The suites are great.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

I’m so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I’ll be sure to let our staff know that they did an excellent job providing you with that Marriott service. Hopefully you and anyone else visiting your Headquarters will come stay with us again soon!

Reviewed December 28, 2011

Last June I booked the new Fairfield Inn at BWI Airport for a Park & Fly in December. I had reserved two queen beds, and even though we checked in after 3:00, our room was still not ready. We were given a king bed with a sleeper sofa, but our stay was satisfactory. We traveled on vacation, flying out of BWI, leaving our car at the hotel for the week.

Our flight was delayed two hours on the way back, so we were anxious to get on the road for our three hour drive back to home. I called the hotel for our return shuttle and I was asked if I had already called. I said "no", and she replied "well we've had a lot of calls tonight, but he should be there very soon." After 25 minutes, I called again. It was 34 degrees out, and we had been standing outside waiting the entire time - the trip is less than a 10 minute drive. The desk clerk said the driver should have been there by now. She had me wait on the phone line while she called him. She then advised me that he was stuck in traffic and there was nothing she could do. I told her all of the other hotel vans were picking up people on our flight, and taxis were continually picking up customers as well. I told her it was freezing - we were in shorts and sandals after our flight from Jamaica. She advised that if we went inside, the driver would not be able to stop for us. Once again she said there was nothing she could do to help us.

Well after 45 minutes in the cold, I called back again and asked to speak to the manager. Unfortunately, the desk clerk was the acting manager on duty. I told her the situation was ridiculous and that she needed to get us a taxi. She relented, and after 55 minutes in the freezing temperatures, we were on our way back to our car. We asked our taxi driver if there were any traffic problems that evening. He advised there were none - he had had many airport fares. We as well saw no traffic delays, and we were at the hotel in under 10 minutes.

This was such a disappointing end to our vacation, and we have never been treated so badly by any hotel. We travel a lot, and we have stayed at many of the Marriott chains, but I would be hard pressed to select Marriott again. I sent an e-mail to customer service and I was advised that I would hear from someone in 3 - 5 days. I received a very brief e-mail, stating customer service was the most important goal. Well in this case it certainly was not. Thank you for the opportunity to express my displeasure.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank hurakanlola
Ebony H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2012

Good evening. As the General Manager of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Hotel, I would first like to say that I am thankful for all of your comments about the hotel. I believe that without the thoughtful opionions of the customers, my hotel can only go but so far, because it is the employees and the manager which runs the hotel. However, it is the ideas and thoughts of you, the clients, that motivate the staff to vigorously work harder, in order to satisfy your daily needs, as well as to strive to become a better and outsatnding hotel. I apologize for any inconvenience that the shuttle bus may have caused you; we are in the process of obtaining an additonal shuttle, which would better suit you , the guest. Also, I would like to apologize for my staff, the customers are the most important part of the hotel, and I would like to emphasize on this statement: " I do not tolerate any employee or member of my staff with lack interest for any customers ". I will make sure this hotel does live up to the expectations of not only the staff but our guest as well. If you have any further questions please send them in; I am grateful for any comments. Thank you

Reviewed December 21, 2011

Spent one night, 12/19/11 and would definitely return. Is newly opened and everything is so nice! Very contemporary design, yet welcoming and not cold like the new Holiday Inns. Good bedding and comfortable mattress. Nice work area and Wifi is fast. Bathroom is spacious and well lighted, but beware of one thing!!!! The blow dryer was in a black bag in the tiny closet with the ironing board!!! Our room (207) was across the hall from the laundry and elevator yet very quiet. We did not hear any other room noise which surprised me. The room did get quite hot during the night and we turned it down as low as it would go; ended up turning the AIR-COND. on and it was 39 degrees outside during the night! I would also have not placed the smoke detector/carbon monoxide detector where they did; you get a bright strobe light all night if you are on your side facing it and having trouble sleeping! Had to keep my head underneath the cover so it would not bother me. Adrianna was my front desk lady and she was very friendly and professional. The deluxe continental b'fast had eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, a crock of oatmeal with cranberries, raisins, brown sugar and walnuts; also toast and bagels and cereals. Fresh fruit including bananas and apples. Chilled yogurt and the area was kept stocked and clean. Definitely would return for $85 per night at a Marriott property!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Ebony H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.At the Fairfield Inn & Suites at BWI we take great pride for the service we provide.We appreciate all your complimentary remarks regarding your visit. Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Baltimore.

Reviewed December 2, 2011

I have stayed at the Courtyard and Marriott at BWI. This is a newly build property located right behind the Courtyard.

Rooms are nice, spacious and clean. Bed was very hard (I loved it but wife said it was too hard). WiFI worked -- good speed and my VPN connected fine.

Breakfast is better than most. Nice variety of breads, cereals, even had eggs,

Nice section in lobby where you can use their PC's (2) or print a boarding pass.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Ebony H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2011

Thank you very much for taking a minute to share such wonderful comments about your visit to the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Baltimore BWI airport. We hope to welcome you back during your next visit to Baltimore!

Reviewed November 25, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night after a late arrival into BWI. We called the hotel directly for a shuttle (there is no option on the hotel board for this property) and waited about 15 minutes. As others have mentioned, the shuttle goes to multiple properties, so plan accordingly for departure.

Check in was quick and we were in our small but new king room quickly. For a short stay, I'd recommend but the room was a bit tiny for any type of extended stay. Bed was comfortable and shower had decent water pressure.

Breakfast was excellent ... a spacious seating area and great coffee! We took the shuttle back to the airport for rental car pick up. The shuttle driver dropped us off right where we needed to get the rental car off airport shuttle and even helped us with our luggage.

I would stay here again if the opportunity arose.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank sandnsun61
Ebony H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2011

Dear Guest; Thank you very much for your review and kind words. At the Fairfield Inn & Suites at BWI we take great pride for the service we provide. I share each customer reviews, comments and suggestions made, with the entire staff. Our goal is to provide each of our guests with exceptionally clean an comfortable accommodations in a warm and friendly atmosphere.

Thank you very much and we look forward to serving you in the near future.

Reviewed November 22, 2011

My husband and I and our parents stayed here on Friday night and were very pleased. Loved the quirky Asian-inspired decor. Very clean and simple. Our beds were very comfortable, the shower was huge and we slept very well. The breakfast the next morning was very well laid out and had lots of options. Plenty of seating, and one of the biggest selections at a free continental breakfast we had seen. Staff was very friendly and everything was very clean. Also only about 10 minutes from downtown harbor on a normal day without traffic. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple